U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 02:38 PM

643 posts, read 565,237 times

Advertisements

I know... I had to get the lawn guy for the first. The grass was uncut for about a month! Mine is about the same i guess, the heat is the problem! I will definitely try to keep up myself. If not back to landscaping guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 03:43 PM

Hey one last question on this topic, is it one bag per day or if i have two bags i can put both of them out. I looked at other folks, they all have one bag put out everyday . So i was thinking that there might be a limit on the number of bags i can put out in a day.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:38 PM

166 posts, read 174,040 times
If there is a limit nobody has told me - I've put up to 5-6 bags out at once after heavy cleaning and they've always been taken. Some people think that's a benefit of the no-receptacle system, given that you aren't limited by the size of a garbage can.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:43 PM

Oh cool. Thanks! Trash guys will have problems this Monday!

Old 08-07-2015, 08:28 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_storm2004 View Post
Hey one last question on this topic, is it one bag per day or if i have two bags i can put both of them out. I looked at other folks, they all have one bag put out everyday . So i was thinking that there might be a limit on the number of bags i can put out in a day.
You can put out as much as you want as long as the bags don't weigh over 50-something pounds apiece. If they're too heavy, the trash guys won't pick them up. If you can pick them up with one hand, they're light enough.

Quote:
Oh cool. Thanks! Trash guys will have problems this Monday!
You should not put your Monday trash out until Monday morning. Sunday afternoon at the earliest, though technically you're not even supposed to do that. Everyone in my area does, though, because they know that if they put it out after a certain hour on Sunday code enforcement can't get to it until after the trash has already been collected. If a neighbor repeatedly reports you to code enforcement (which they can!), you'll get a nastygram from the city about when you can and can't put trash out.

But if you're putting your Monday garbage out today...that's a party foul my friend! Unless it's bulk trash, in which case you're fine putting it out from Thursday onward as long as you've already put in a BABIC request with the city.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:14 AM

Normally i put it out at night. Somewhere around midnight. I guess no one sees it!

Coz next morning, its wake and make run for the office!!

Old 08-07-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Normally i put it out at night. Somewhere around midnight. I guess no one sees it!

Coz next morning, its wake and make run for the office!!
Unless you have a neighbor from hell, nobody's going to care if you put it out the afternoon before trash day.

2-3 days before trash day on the other hand....that's a no no. Especially if you're throwing out really stinky garbage (like dirty diapers or cat litter), anything that's going to spoil in the sun and stink (like rotten meat or moldy cheese), or anything that's going to attract vermin.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:42 AM

Well i think i am lucky in that respect. To be honest after a month of living, i still dont know who my neighbors are. Haven't seen anyone come out of the house for a walk or anything in a month. Not to mention i myself am at home only after 20:30! I see folks from other houses actively moving about the neighborhood, but not mine!

Old 08-07-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Well i think i am lucky in that respect. To be honest after a month of living, i still dont know who my neighbors are. Haven't seen anyone come out of the house for a walk or anything in a month. Not to mention i myself am at home only after 20:30! I see folks from other houses actively moving about the neighborhood, but not mine!
In this day and age, not many people are going to knock on your door to complain about your trash. They'll just use the app to narc on you to the city.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:52 AM

I mean normal day to day stuff, taking the dog out for a walk and all that stuff. Haven't seen them at all. Lucky me, that i have a park behind my home, so i dont have neighbors in the back, only on the sides!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or