U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-09-2015, 03:06 PM
 
14 posts, read 13,795 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

Hi All,

We moved to Dallas recently and got an apartment on Maple Ave, close to UTSW. I have been looking for a good Pre-K program for our 4 yr old boy and eventhough I found some close by, I am not really excited. His previous school had an indoor gym, a vast play area outside and spacious classroom with lots of activities. While I am being realistic keeping the location, travelling time in mind, can you please suggest some good schools around the neighborhood with good infrastructure? I visited Rosewood academy, is like any other typical daycare. Any inputs of good schools in neighboring areas with great infrastructure? I like First Baptist Academy but apparently we need to be of Christian faith to join. I am ok with Jewish or Christian schools as long as they don't have a rule of admitting only Jewish or Christian faith kids. Also, some schools have weird timings like 8.45 to 11.45 only! Well, anyway, I searched almost all of the schools nearby and also little farther away but yet to come across one which has a spot and has great amenities. Please suggest.

Thanks a ton!!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2015, 03:57 PM
 
11,671 posts, read 21,231,508 times
Reputation: 10057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMick View Post
Hi All,

We moved to Dallas recently and got an apartment on Maple Ave, close to UTSW. I have been looking for a good Pre-K program for our 4 yr old boy and eventhough I found some close by, I am not really excited. His previous school had an indoor gym, a vast play area outside and spacious classroom with lots of activities. While I am being realistic keeping the location, travelling time in mind, can you please suggest some good schools around the neighborhood with good infrastructure? I visited Rosewood academy, is like any other typical daycare. Any inputs of good schools in neighboring areas with great infrastructure? I like First Baptist Academy but apparently we need to be of Christian faith to join. I am ok with Jewish or Christian schools as long as they don't have a rule of admitting only Jewish or Christian faith kids. Also, some schools have weird timings like 8.45 to 11.45 only! Well, anyway, I searched almost all of the schools nearby and also little farther away but yet to come across one which has a spot and has great amenities. Please suggest.

Thanks a ton!!
It's pretty late to be looking for the 2015-16 school year, but these are some of the well-regarded preschools I know about. Most are in the Park Cities area, not too far from UTSW:

UP Methodist *do not need to be Christian, though most will be. Much less conservative/fundamental than 1st Baptist
HP Presbyterian *same as above
Temple Emanu-El *do not need to be Jewish. Fantastic preschool program!
DaVinci (expensive, further north ~ 15 minutes north on Inwood, but nice facilities and feeds into top private schools if that's a consideration)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2015, 04:03 PM
 
14 posts, read 13,795 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
It's pretty late to be looking for the 2015-16 school year, but these are some of the well-regarded preschools I know about. Most are in the Park Cities area, not too far from UTSW:

UP Methodist *do not need to be Christian, though most will be. Much less conservative/fundamental than 1st Baptist
HP Presbyterian *same as above
Temple Emanu-El *do not need to be Jewish. Fantastic preschool program!
DaVinci (expensive, further north ~ 15 minutes north on Inwood, but nice facilities and feeds into top private schools if that's a consideration)

Hi, Thank you!! I will talk to them and try our luck.
Any Montessori school suggestions in the area? Unfortunately, no clue about the Dallas area.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2015, 05:49 PM
 
11,671 posts, read 21,231,508 times
Reputation: 10057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMick View Post
Hi, Thank you!! I will talk to them and try our luck.
Any Montessori school suggestions in the area? Unfortunately, no clue about the Dallas area.
There is one in the Lakewood area of East Dallas that my friends have been really happy with for their 5 & 3 year old. I'm not sure the name of it but there can't be many.

Alcuin is the elite montessori in north Dallas (just south of 635 off Preston).

While not actually montessori, DaVinci and Temple Emanu-El's programs are very hands-on, nature/ discovery based, etc. Might work for your kiddos!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2015, 09:08 PM
 
3,166 posts, read 4,813,434 times
Reputation: 2585
Any chance you are associated with UTSW or UTD? The Callier Center is supposed to be awesome, but only open to families with those associations.

Program Overview - Child Development Program - Callier Center at UT Dallas
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2015, 09:11 AM
 
14 posts, read 13,795 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
There is one in the Lakewood area of East Dallas that my friends have been really happy with for their 5 & 3 year old. I'm not sure the name of it but there can't be many.

Alcuin is the elite montessori in north Dallas (just south of 635 off Preston).

While not actually montessori, DaVinci and Temple Emanu-El's programs are very hands-on, nature/ discovery based, etc. Might work for your kiddos!

@TurtleCreek80

Thank you for the info! Is it Lakewood Montessori school by any chance?

Apart from that, I wanted to tell you, how helpful you are to so many people on this forum, its commendable the time you take out to help people, thank you so much for helping us out.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2015, 09:12 AM
 
14 posts, read 13,795 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
Any chance you are associated with UTSW or UTD? The Callier Center is supposed to be awesome, but only open to families with those associations.

Program Overview - Child Development Program - Callier Center at UT Dallas
They are out of spots
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top