Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2015, 01:41 PM

9 posts, read 16,513 times

Advertisements

Hi
So, let me admit, what I did was Stupid, I passed a school bus, in the city of Irving. I got pulled over, Now I look at the payment system, and the ticket is 600$ + ..

question is: Is there anyway to reduce the fine? what should I do? I am new to Texas, and still have an out of state license.

Thanks in advance.. I totally realize my stupidity, so please try to add value to your response related to the subject

Are there any good traffic lawyers, that can get me out of this?

How do I know if the points on my out of state license will transfer to Texas or not?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 01:53 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,799,366 times
Have you been in Texas more than 30 days? If so, don't be surprised if the judge slaps you with more of a fine for not doing a prompt change of address and getting a new license within that 30 day rule.

As for a reduced fee, I'm not sure as courts are really hard on people who do anything wrong in a school zone or passing a bus. Our children are very important, and if the fine isn't stiff, people will do it again.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:47 PM

504 posts, read 800,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye15 View Post
Hi
So, let me admit, what I did was Stupid, I passed a school bus, in the city of Irving. I got pulled over, Now I look at the payment system, and the ticket is 600$ + ..

question is: Is there anyway to reduce the fine? what should I do? I am new to Texas, and still have an out of state license.

Thanks in advance.. I totally realize my stupidity, so please try to add value to your response related to the subject

How do I know if the points on my out of state license will transfer to Texas or not?
I wish your fine was $6000 plus some jail time. As a parent people like you make me furious....

Old 11-18-2015, 06:15 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,448,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMan_72 View Post
I wish your fine was $6000 plus some jail time. As a parent people like you make me furious....
I'm not say the OP is innocent but there is something seriously wrong with you! You might wanna check your head.

Old 11-18-2015, 06:22 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,860,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye15 View Post
Hi

What you did was not only stupid, but dangerous as well. THAT is why it is $600+.

I truly hope that a good lawyer cannot get you out of the ticket; you earned it.

With an out of state DL, the judge may want to verify your residence, and its duration. Be prepared. Judges do tend to be less lenient on out of staters though, maybe they are afraid that they are flaunting our laws.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:26 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,448,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
What you did was not only stupid, but dangerous as well. THAT is why it is $600+.

I truly hope that a good lawyer cannot get you out of the ticket; you earned it.

With an out of state DL, the judge may want to verify your residence, and its duration. Be prepared. Judges do tend to be less lenient on out of staters though, maybe they are afraid that they are flaunting our laws.
Why don't we just go ahead and crucify him.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:42 PM

497 posts, read 695,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
Why don't we just go ahead and crucify him.
You think Vegasman needs to get his head checked? We're talking about children getting off of a school bus and possibly crossing a street. He better be glad he didn't hit a child.

Good gosh! The OP was beyond ignorant with what he did. He deserves the fine and all the ridicule that comes with it.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:31 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
OP, I got a school bus stop arm ticket a couple of years ago when the fines were lower (mine was $300, I think).

This one was across the street and there was a central reservation (median) just behind the school bus's stop arm. Nobody else stopped on my side of the road, either. I did some research and the ticket was legit, so I paid it. I certainly didn't intend to break the law; I thought I was in the clear. Apparently so did everyone else on the road with me. Let me also add that this was in the middle of SUMMER, so a school bus is the last thing you're expecting to see during your morning commute in July.

It's unlikely you'll be able to get out of it. Just pay it and chalk it up to a lesson learned...and be sure to stop for the school bus next time. Either that, or learn what the routes are in your area and avoid them altogether.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:32 PM

45 posts, read 70,089 times
What do Frisco people do as there are 20 mph zones and school buses almost everywhere. I went to pick up a client yesterday and it was CRAZY.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:48 PM

206 posts, read 334,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallFig View Post
What do Frisco people do as there are 20 mph zones and school buses almost everywhere. I went to pick up a client yesterday and it was CRAZY.
Leave early and obey the stop signs, after a while people get used to it and become part of the daily routine

No matter of the time of the day, whether the warning lights are on or not, on a school zone I follow the signs.

As for the OP, just pay the fine and consider this as a lesson, could have been lot worse, you never know. And don't waste your time and money on any attorney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: