Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 01:49 PM

2 posts, read 10,826 times

Advertisements

Look, honeys, I'm not being negative about Dallas, just honest. Too bad if you have a problem with that. And I don't live in "Coco" either. I live in Dallas, which is why I'm qualified to give my own honest opinion about Dallas, get it? And I didn't say anything about "white people murdered." I was talking about the overall crime rate for a major city.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:10 PM

1 posts, read 4,969 times
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Why. I've also lived in a lot of places and this has been the rudest place I've ever lived in. They are NOT accepting of outsiders and will openly make fun of you. They DO think they are the best in the US because most people have small town minds here. They think people should eat what they eat, drink what they drink, and dress the way they dress. I've never lived anywhere this rude (in the US or out of the country).

Old 06-10-2011, 08:45 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,817,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poemi View Post
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Why. I've also lived in a lot of places and this has been the rudest place I've ever lived in. They are NOT accepting of outsiders and will openly make fun of you. They DO think they are the best in the US because most people have small town minds here. They think people should eat what they eat, drink what they drink, and dress the way they dress. I've never lived anywhere this rude (in the US or out of the country).
What town are you living in having this type of experience?

Old 06-10-2011, 08:31 PM

12 posts, read 51,917 times
Default Dallas will get her's someday

I was born and raised in Dallas and have been back often enough to type about it here. This is my first time really talking about it because of how evil Dallas is. 1st fact: go on sperling's best places site and look up stressful cities list. Dallas is #10. That means it has a high report of mental illness(usually depression), high crime and high rate of divorce. Which is already compared to the high levels of them in the rest of this country overall. But I hate dallas for a more political reason. The people are above all else- not just fake and superficial, but- the most fake and superficial people I have ever come across in my lifetime. And I have been all over the world now. Even more pathetic and shameful is how they actually like this about themselves and will defend it as a good quality when it is the worst quaity in the world. I am not the only one who knows this. Many, MANY other people know this about Dallas as well. They are completely shallow and souless people there. People, especially on the north end, will not stop being so rude as to ask about what kind of car you drive and what kind of job you have after just a minute or two of talking to you. They don't care to get to know YOU first. This is not disconnected from a lack of intelligence. The two are one and the same (although like truly dumb people, they THINK they are being smart). They are really bad, even compared to other people ouside of dallas, about comparing formal education with intelligence. As if the two are necessarily the same things. Lately, there are a lot of people on the north end that are trying to be liberal but it is fake and poorly done as well. I would rather talk to REAL redneck backwards cowboy than one of these fake wanna be liberal 'forward thinking/ open minded' hipsters anyday. They put on the presence of open mindedness out in public but they are not really. The few white people that live there (many of them, anyway) beleive that there is a large percentage of white people in the city. (And I am white so I am not being racist). Newsflash: 5%!!! of dallas is white. 10% if you count the suburbs. Saying 'nuh uh' doesn't matter. The facts are facts even if you choose not to believe them. And the severity if the superficiality there is what makes it so hard to talk about. These people are evil because when you bring it up, they are fully aware of it but DEFEND themselves and dallas against it. They also have this bizaar, weird phobia of the public transportation system. -I am sure right now many of them are going to continue on with my post here because they may beieve I used it before......AND!!?? I did a handful of times some years ago. I was young so what. The majority of people there aren't worth a crap, at least finacially. and yet they will look down on you because you're not rich. I'm not talking about because you're some poverty level druggie or something, but just because youre not WEALTHY. Or at least you don't act like it or look like it. you don't showboat it off. That is the great irony about the place. the mega churches there that promote wealth on a spiritual level are ass raping the christian church. any christian knows that it is impossible to get to heaven as a wealthy- having more than you need- person. As well as loving money/material items. it's not just evil, but the root of it. It's the worst thing in the Bible. The christian people don't NEED a $30,000 car. they could have a $3000 one and it would be good. BETTER than good when you compare it to most other countries. this is worth talking about because half of dallas claims to be christian. obviously they are not. not even close. another fact to take a gander at: notice how virtually ALL conversation when you go out in public, are about material things. now granted, that should just offend the christians. but notice how virtually all of them are also about just plain stupid ****. as i n

Old 06-10-2011, 09:06 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,817,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straitblow View Post
I was born and raised in Dallas and have been back often enough to type about it here. This is my first time really talking about it because of how evil Dallas is. 1st fact: go on sperling's best places site and look up stressful cities list. Dallas is #10. That means it has a high report of mental illness(usually depression), high crime and high rate of divorce. Which is already compared to the high levels of them in the rest of this country overall. But I hate dallas for a more political reason. The people are above all else- not just fake and superficial, but- the most fake and superficial people I have ever come across in my lifetime. And I have been all over the world now. Even more pathetic and shameful is how they actually like this about themselves and will defend it as a good quality when it is the worst quaity in the world. I am not the only one who knows this. Many, MANY other people know this about Dallas as well. They are completely shallow and souless people there. People, especially on the north end, will not stop being so rude as to ask about what kind of car you drive and what kind of job you have after just a minute or two of talking to you. They don't care to get to know YOU first. This is not disconnected from a lack of intelligence. The two are one and the same (although like truly dumb people, they THINK they are being smart). They are really bad, even compared to other people ouside of dallas, about comparing formal education with intelligence. As if the two are necessarily the same things. Lately, there are a lot of people on the north end that are trying to be liberal but it is fake and poorly done as well. I would rather talk to REAL redneck backwards cowboy than one of these fake wanna be liberal 'forward thinking/ open minded' hipsters anyday. They put on the presence of open mindedness out in public but they are not really. The few white people that live there (many of them, anyway) beleive that there is a large percentage of white people in the city. (And I am white so I am not being racist). Newsflash: 5%!!! of dallas is white. 10% if you count the suburbs. Saying 'nuh uh' doesn't matter. The facts are facts even if you choose not to believe them. And the severity if the superficiality there is what makes it so hard to talk about. These people are evil because when you bring it up, they are fully aware of it but DEFEND themselves and dallas against it. They also have this bizaar, weird phobia of the public transportation system. -I am sure right now many of them are going to continue on with my post here because they may beieve I used it before......AND!!?? I did a handful of times some years ago. I was young so what. The majority of people there aren't worth a crap, at least finacially. and yet they will look down on you because you're not rich. I'm not talking about because you're some poverty level druggie or something, but just because youre not WEALTHY. Or at least you don't act like it or look like it. you don't showboat it off. That is the great irony about the place. the mega churches there that promote wealth on a spiritual level are ass raping the christian church. any christian knows that it is impossible to get to heaven as a wealthy- having more than you need- person. As well as loving money/material items. it's not just evil, but the root of it. It's the worst thing in the Bible. The christian people don't NEED a $30,000 car. they could have a $3000 one and it would be good. BETTER than good when you compare it to most other countries. this is worth talking about because half of dallas claims to be christian. obviously they are not. not even close. another fact to take a gander at: notice how virtually ALL conversation when you go out in public, are about material things. now granted, that should just offend the christians. but notice how virtually all of them are also about just plain stupid ****. as i n

You lost me with the Bible stuff..But WOW it sure does sound like you are describing a few of the regular Dallas posters on these boards to a T..Hamiltonpl is going to be really offended.

I work with a woman born and raised in Dallas, and she lives here in MA with her husband and young children for many years now. Even though her family still lives in Dallas and would be a HUGE help to her with her children, she consistently says she would never move back for all the reasons you (and others) just described, and then some. She can't believe we're considering a move there.

People I have become friends with from Texas seem to be good folks, but I can see some of the superficiality various people have warned me about. Sadly it's pretty pervasive on these boards, but then again, internet anonymity reigns supreme here so anything is possible.

Last edited by skids929; 06-10-2011 at 09:16 PM..

Old 06-10-2011, 09:20 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straitblow View Post
I was born and raised in Dallas and have been back often enough to type about it here. This is my first time really talking about it because of how evil Dallas is. 1st fact: go on sperling's best places site and look up stressful cities list. Dallas is #10. That means it has a high report of mental illness(usually depression), high crime and high rate of divorce. Which is already compared to the high levels of them in the rest of this country overall. But I hate dallas for a more political reason. The people are above all else- not just fake and superficial, but- the most fake and superficial people I have ever come across in my lifetime. And I have been all over the world now. Even more pathetic and shameful is how they actually like this about themselves and will defend it as a good quality when it is the worst quaity in the world.
I have lived in or spent significant amounts of time in various countries in Europe and in Israel, and in my experience Dallasites aren't the most shallow people I've come across.

Quote:
I am not the only one who knows this. Many, MANY other people know this about Dallas as well. They are completely shallow and souless people there. People, especially on the north end, will not stop being so rude as to ask about what kind of car you drive and what kind of job you have after just a minute or two of talking to you. They don't care to get to know YOU first. This is not disconnected from a lack of intelligence. The two are one and the same (although like truly dumb people, they THINK they are being smart). They are really bad, even compared to other people ouside of dallas, about comparing formal education with intelligence. As if the two are necessarily the same things. Lately, there are a lot of people on the north end that are trying to be liberal but it is fake and poorly done as well.
If you're referring to Preston Hollow and the Park Cities, I will give you that people there are snotty. I grew up in PH so I know this from personal experience. However, they do not form the majority of Dallasites and honestly are pretty easy to avoid.

Quote:
I would rather talk to REAL redneck backwards cowboy than one of these fake wanna be liberal 'forward thinking/ open minded' hipsters anyday.
Uhhhh OK...people in north Dallas and the Park Cities aren't hipsters. And Dallas's hipsters usually aren't from Dallas anyway. I know a lot of hipsters and not a single one of them is actually from here. Most of them are from California or the northeast.

Quote:
They put on the presence of open mindedness out in public but they are not really. The few white people that live there (many of them, anyway) beleive that there is a large percentage of white people in the city. (And I am white so I am not being racist). Newsflash: 5%!!! of dallas is white. 10% if you count the suburbs.
All of that is utter BS.

Quote:
Saying 'nuh uh' doesn't matter. The facts are facts even if you choose not to believe them. And the severity if the superficiality there is what makes it so hard to talk about. These people are evil because when you bring it up, they are fully aware of it but DEFEND themselves and dallas against it.
You're not exactly making it look good either; you claim to be from here, yet you can barely construct a coherent sentence that contains actual facts.

Quote:
They also have this bizaar, weird phobia of the public transportation system. -I am sure right now many of them are going to continue on with my post here because they may beieve I used it before......AND!!?? I did a handful of times some years ago. I was young so what.
I'll be sure to share that with the large number of people at my office who use the DART rail every day.

Quote:
The majority of people there aren't worth a crap, at least finacially. and yet they will look down on you because you're not rich. I'm not talking about because you're some poverty level druggie or something, but just because youre not WEALTHY. Or at least you don't act like it or look like it. you don't showboat it off. That is the great irony about the place. the mega churches there that promote wealth on a spiritual level are ass raping the christian church. any christian knows that it is impossible to get to heaven as a wealthy- having more than you need- person. As well as loving money/material items. it's not just evil, but the root of it. It's the worst thing in the Bible. The christian people don't NEED a $30,000 car. they could have a $3000 one and it would be good. BETTER than good when you compare it to most other countries. this is worth talking about because half of dallas claims to be christian. obviously they are not. not even close. another fact to take a gander at: notice how virtually ALL conversation when you go out in public, are about material things. now granted, that should just offend the christians. but notice how virtually all of them are also about just plain stupid ****. as i n
I don't know anyone like that outside of PH/Park Cities. Sounds like you needed to expand your social circle in Dallas. Either that, or everything you posted is BS and you're not actually from here.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:00 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
You lost me with the Bible stuff..But WOW it sure does sound like you are describing a few of the regular Dallas posters on these boards to a T..Hamiltonpl is going to be really offended.

I work with a woman born and raised in Dallas, and she lives here in MA with her husband and young children for many years now. Even though her family still lives in Dallas and would be a HUGE help to her with her children, she consistently says she would never move back for all the reasons you (and others) just described, and then some. She can't believe we're considering a move there.

People I have become friends with from Texas seem to be good folks, but I can see some of the superficiality various people have warned me about. Sadly it's pretty pervasive on these boards, but then again, internet anonymity reigns supreme here so anything is possible.
Since you love to hate on Dallas so much, why not try to move somewhere other than here? Just saying....

I can't believe you took the bait of someone who actually said it's a "fact" that 5% of Dallas is white.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:05 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I don't know anyone like that outside of PH/Park Cities. Sounds like you needed to expand your social circle in Dallas. Either that, or everything you posted is BS and you're not actually from here.
How many Park Cities people do you really know?!

I think this guy is talking about Collin County burbs when he keeps saying "north end." WTH is "north end?" That's not even a Dallas geographic term...if this guy ever did live here, it must have been for 5 minutes or when he was in middle school and didn't realize middle school sucks for 99% of everyone.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:50 PM

301 posts, read 570,885 times
I wonder what Dallas, TX I am living in because it's not nearly like what some of these posters are posting. For the most part, people are very friendly especially the native residents with whom I have interacted. I have lived a lot of places. People (as a whole) were much ruder in NJ and MD than here. People in NC were more likely to be sweet to your face but stab you in the back. Mostly people in Atlanta were pretty friendly. I think other than a bit overly hot in the summer and not quite diverse enough topography, this is a really great place.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:51 PM

301 posts, read 570,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
Please refrain from the malicious comments. It's okay to disagree with someone, but to write something as vicious and then insinuating violence against that person is petty, wrong...and criminal. Watch your emotions and seek help if need be. You may get banned for this comment.
Agreed. Wholeheartedly. Not to mention please use paragraphs for goodness sakes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas