U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 11:40 PM

5,379 posts, read 7,684,700 times

Advertisements

I didn't fly into DFW, but it looks really confusing. Love Field is a walk in the park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 08:42 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,828,007 times
Quote:
I have two words to summarize how I feel about DFW Int'l.

Love Field.
They aren't comparable at all. One is a major international airport, one almost exclusively serves one airline

Old 08-02-2015, 12:33 AM

2,032 posts, read 1,440,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The Airport is now 40+ years old and that Constructions is actual improvements to keep it modern.

Hopefully, That construction will never end and just move on to new projects.
Exactly. This is why I try not to complain about all the constant construction in DFW in general, because construction means growth and improvement. It may be a pain sometimes while it's going on, but it will make things MUCH better and easier once it's all done.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:10 AM

578 posts, read 1,212,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
I've been to many airports around the world. DFW is the best designed airport in my opinion. Super easy car access and I never have to move between terminals (every terminal is allocated to specific airlines except for American which I think has several). Each terminal is like a separate mini airport making it feel small (except for driving on the main road - that's when one realizes how huge it actually is).

That airport is the exact opposite of a mess.
This! Love that DFW feels manageable and it's a breeze when you have to pick someone up or one is flying out. My only complaint is customs at the international terminal. They are just not equipped to handle volume like Atlanta is. We recently traveled internationally and the only reason we went through customs quickly was because all 4 of us had carry-on luggage and we were able to use the EZ line, which was fairly empty. The regular lines looked like a nightmare.

More and more we are flying out of Love Field because Southwest just keeps coming up with amazing fares to a lot of the places we have traveled to this past year. It is an amazing regional airport!

Old 08-03-2015, 05:21 PM

2,684 posts, read 4,249,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
I didn't fly into DFW, but it looks really confusing. Love Field is a walk in the park
I hate DFW. Everything is separated. Hard to get to, hard to find. The "hometown" American Airlines fares are a joke, the rental car joint is practically in Oklahoma, and good luck finding the right roads to navigate in and out if you aren't familiar with the freeway system. 183, 635, 121, 97, 121, 114.......HIKE!

Love Field, baby. Feels like you're flying out of your living room. Best fares around on Southwest, and for us it's 30 to 35, right on Mockingbird - done.

I fully realize that Love remains unable to accommodate every travelers destination needs, and to that I say - sucks for you!

Old 08-03-2015, 05:42 PM

47 posts, read 37,210 times
I think the perception of DFW differs between area locals and connecting pax, at least based on the comments I'm reading and personal experience.

When I lived in Dallas, I loved DFW because of what many other posters have said, it's pretty easy to get in and out of and fairly simple to navigate. If you're going straight to or coming straight from a flight, it's golden and definitely better than most other large airports in the country.

However, no longer living in Dallas, I'm not a big fan of having to connect through DFW. It's too spread out and separated, and the train system isn't as efficient as Atlanta's (as the most direct comparison I can think of).

As a connecting passenger, I tend to prefer making a connection in Houston, Atlanta, or Denver compared to DFW. However, it's still way better than most of the larger coastal airports (with the noted exception of Charlotte) and significantly better than O'Hare.

Old 08-03-2015, 05:53 PM

7,318 posts, read 8,153,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I hate DFW. Everything is separated. Hard to get to, hard to find. The "hometown" American Airlines fares are a joke, the rental car joint is practically in Oklahoma, and good luck finding the right roads to navigate in and out if you aren't familiar with the freeway system. 183, 635, 121, 97, 121, 114.......HIKE!

Love Field, baby. Feels like you're flying out of your living room. Best fares around on Southwest, and for us it's 30 to 35, right on Mockingbird - done.

I fully realize that Love remains unable to accommodate every travelers destination needs, and to that I say - sucks for you!
That's a really bad comparison. DFW serves not quite 7x more passengers per year. Thusly, comparing the two in terms of service ease for locals or anyone else is absurd.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:26 PM

2,684 posts, read 4,249,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
That's a really bad comparison. DFW serves not quite 7x more passengers per year. Thusly, comparing the two in terms of service ease for locals or anyone else is absurd.
It wasn't a comparison intended to appease anyone's statistical requirements. I don't like DFW, and thanks to Love I almost never need DFW. You sayin' no one else in a metro of 6 million people hunts with that dog?

Old 08-03-2015, 07:10 PM

874 posts, read 375,262 times
I travel quite a bit. I think DFW facility is adequate in comparison to others. American Airline's home airport is here; there are direct flights to all major domestic cities and to some major cities in Europe, East Asia, Middle East, Central/South America ... one thing worth mentioning is the dining choices -- some restaurants are more like full size/full menu restaurants plus Grand Hyatt -- with that Skylink tomorrow land mono rail, it's easy to hop from one terminal to another.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:50 PM

7,318 posts, read 8,153,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
It wasn't a comparison intended to appease anyone's statistical requirements. I don't like DFW, and thanks to Love I almost never need DFW. You sayin' no one else in a metro of 6 million people hunts with that dog?

Here is your quote:

You are running down DFW for being large and loving on LUV for being smaller. It's as simple as that.
1. If you don't know your way around DFW that's on you - 1 minute looking at an overhead map should be enough.

2. The rental car area is about 2,000 feet south of the southern most runway on the east side of DFW - that's hardly Oklahoma not to mention the wrong direction.

3. I live about 3 miles north of LUV in Dallas. I can drive from my front door to DFW in 3 true turns and a jog entering on the north side. If you can't navigate to and from DFW to your house with no trouble you are not qualified to live in DFW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or