Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 12:55 PM

7,885 posts, read 11,335,086 times

Advertisements

Noticed a home in creeks of willow bend which was not listed in most as for sale, has a sold sign on it. The agent does not mention it on her web page as a recent sale or as one listed by her. I'm curious any rules governing a listing that sales before it gets into mls in 72 hrs from time of listing? Anyway to find the list price? Pictures etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 01:46 PM

87 posts, read 126,936 times
If you saw name of the realtor then call him for details, let him know that you live in the neighborhood and would like to see stats of comparable properties.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:54 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,392,254 times
Anyone can buy anything at any time from someone else if they agree on a price.
If it's a cash sale, it's doubtful you would be able to find out without asking the new/previous owners or the agent(s) involved a direct question.
I'm guessing either you are interested in gauging the market value of your own home or you want to purchase a similar home in the neighborhood and are seeking the info to determine your budget.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:19 PM

I keep track of Activity in my area, that is correct.

I understand that people can sell Things at anytime without being subject to mls rules. However this home has a sold sign out front with a realtor sign on it but it as never listed in mls. My question is a simple one, what mls rules govern this situation.

I am familiar with a phone and how to call the realtor to get information.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:46 PM

161 posts, read 258,988 times
The agents, by TREC (Texas Real Estate Commission) rules must list the listing and sale to get credit for completing the transaction. It's a tough situation to prove but unfortunately probably goes on way more than we know. It is not ethical and if can be proven a direct rule violation.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickbear View Post
The agents, by TREC (Texas Real Estate Commission) rules must list the listing and sale to get credit for completing the transaction. It's a tough situation to prove but unfortunately probably goes on way more than we know. It is not ethical and if can be proven a direct rule violation.
No doubt the sale is on the sign but no web site claims it as pending or shows a listing for this home. I checked several realt estate sources including the agents own website.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:07 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,718,045 times
The Texas promulgated listing agreement, put out by TREC, does NOT say the property has to be listed in the MLS. Not sure why the above poster said it's an ethics violation and a rule violation. Listing agreements can be written that they are not to go in the MLS. They can also be written that they go in the MLS after X amount of days or even once it's been closed if they want the sale reported in the MLS.

No where does it say is must go in the MLS. The agent is probably trying to procure sign calls while acknowledging she sold the property. Nothing wrong with that. Happens all the time.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
The Texas promulgated listing agreement, put out by TREC, does NOT say the property has to be listed in the MLS. Not sure why the above poster said it's an ethics violation and a rule violation. Listing agreements can be written that they are not to go in the MLS. They can also be written that they go in the MLS after X amount of days or even once it's been closed if they want the sale reported in the MLS.

No where does it say is must go in the MLS. The agent is probably trying to procure sign calls while acknowledging she sold the property. Nothing wrong with that. Happens all the time.
Thanks. I thought there was a hard and fast rule on listings going into mls within 72 hours. I didn't know that rule was negotiable. I'm going to call the realtor because of the sign too so it's sure does work!

So a sale can be counted as an official mls sale without the property ever being listed in mls?

If sharing market information is a goal of realtors and the mls system, why wouldn't they show the listing info in mls and classify a pocket sale as pending or under contract? Perhaps that is not the goal....it's simply a tool to make money.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:11 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,718,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post

So a sale can be counted as an official mls sale without the property ever being listed in mls?
I'm not sure what you mean by "official MLS sale" because it doesn't matter how the house sells. It could have sold because someone drove by the sign and called the agent, not seeing it in the MLS. The MLS doesn't "sell" houses. The MLS is just a database of information. If an agent can sell the house without the use of the MLS, as long as the seller agreed to this upfront, then they've done nothing wrong.

The only reason to put a sale in the MLS after it closes is to just provide a comparable sale for future listings and to make sure other people can see the agent's transaction volume.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:21 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,139,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickbear View Post
Wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post

^^^ This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: