U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2015, 03:49 PM

233 posts, read 221,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCoder View Post
I see a lot of places that advertise "New York Style" Chinese food. Personally, I'd rather have China Style Chinese food, but...maybe that's just me.
No. It's not you. If I want Chinese then I want Chinese, not fusion food.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 07:01 PM

241 posts, read 227,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfingers33 View Post
I just tried JS Chen's dimsum on Legacy and it was veryyyy meh. Is there a better dimsum place?

Also, what are the good chinese grocery in west plano? I'm looking at homes near brinker elementary and 99 ranch is like 15 minutes away.
I won't vouch for it because I don't really do dimsum, but most people I've talked to say that for dimsum, you should try Kirin Court in Richardson. Again, don't shoot me if I'm wrong. lol.

Old 09-09-2015, 01:30 AM

180 posts, read 128,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasG View Post
No. It's not you. If I want Chinese then I want Chinese, not fusion food.
Most chinese food in US was created for americans. NYC chinese food is probably more authentic as they have so many, even recent immigrants living there. I still remember people from all over tri state going there for chinese food even though they probably had great american chinese food in their neighborhoods.

Havent tried much chinese here but not too good so far. Maybe i need to find one of these ny chinese restaurants in texas. LOL

Old 09-09-2015, 08:52 AM

250 posts, read 260,046 times
Quote:
I just tried JS Chen's dimsum on Legacy and it was veryyyy meh. Is there a better dimsum place?

Also, what are the good chinese grocery in west plano? I'm looking at homes near brinker elementary and 99 ranch is like 15 minutes away.
If you find a better dimsum place here let me know.... Kirin court and Meixin won't be better. There are no chinese groceries in west plano yet. This is not LA where there's everything asian on every block. Compared to just 5 years ago when I moved here there has being numerous awesome asian eatery additions. By the way, Jusgo Supermarket will be opening next year on Coit and Park. Also, Ranch 99 is opening across the st from H-Mart. I live in Windhaven Farm, we love it because it is so convenient and is considered the safest neighborhood in Plano

Old 09-09-2015, 09:04 AM

77 posts, read 95,791 times
Ohh I'm basically looking at homes right at huntington green or castlemere. Sorry, I'm not familiar with the area yet. Where would you go to buy your chinese grocery? The locations that you mentioned, will they be opening up anytime soon? You mentioned that it's really convenient where you live. What type of convenience are you speaking of? I'm trying to justify the more expensive home. I already know it's safe, good school districts, but I'm trying to understand if it's truly convenient for me.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:59 PM

250 posts, read 260,046 times
Quote:
Ohh I'm basically looking at homes right at huntington green or castlemere. Sorry, I'm not familiar with the area yet. Where would you go to buy your chinese grocery? The locations that you mentioned, will they be opening up anytime soon? You mentioned that it's really convenient where you live. What type of convenience are you speaking of? I'm trying to justify the more expensive home. I already know it's safe, good school districts, but I'm trying to understand if it's truly convenient for me.
Convenience is all relative. If a place is convenient for me, it might not be for you obviously. You still want to look at where you work and where all your friend and family lives. I feel that where I live it is in the middle of everywhere I want to go. It takes me about 15-20 min to go to downtown without traffic, 15 min to Allen/Mckinney, 20 min to DFW or Coppell without traffic, 15-20 min to East Plano and Richardson. Shops are Legacy, Willow Bend mall and Frisco are next door. For grocery, I usually just go to Costco, Whole foods, trader joe. Asian groceries its either Hmart or Justgo for now until Justgo opens at Coit. It doesn't feel inconvenient at all because there's always friends/family who wants to have dinner in the Hmart, Justgo plaza during the weekends and we just go grocery shopping right after. I also feel good that my future kids can walk to elementary school, middle school and high school. All good schools too

Last edited by aznkobee; 09-09-2015 at 01:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or