U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 01:35 PM

959 posts, read 1,014,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
House is currently worth $45k over what I paid... If current trend continues, it should be worth $60k-$75k by the time I could move. Decent chunk of appreciation right there. Granted closing costs and all the other fees would eat away at it a bit.

I don't understand why such a sarcastic post. You sound a bit bitter.
Not bitter, I feel like it's a bit of an arrogant post

On a side note, $45k appreciation in 10 months? That sounds so wrong, where are you getting your numbers from? A professional?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 01:42 PM

443 posts, read 339,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
Not bitter, I feel like it's a bit of an arrogant post

On a side note, $45k appreciation in 10 months? That sounds so wrong, where are you getting your numbers from? A professional?
How is this arrogant? Capitalism at its finest.

Some of that $45k is from negotiating a good price on a Spec home and them wanting to clear their books.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
How is this arrogant? Capitalism at its finest.

Some of that $45k is from negotiating a good price on a Spec home and them wanting to clear their books.
You didn't answer me, where are you getting $45k from? Not saying you are lying, but would love to know your address (or your neighbors) so us real professionals can tell you

Old 07-29-2015, 02:53 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,788,600 times
I'd try the east side of White Rock Lake off Garland Road. Lochwood is a beautiful area with huge trees, creeks and a rolling terrain. There are also a lot of mid-century homes there which are also increasing in demand, along with the location.

D Magazine agrees The Next Hot Dallas Neighborhoods - D Magazine

Old 07-29-2015, 03:07 PM

6,268 posts, read 12,114,361 times
Quote:
You didn't answer me, where are you getting $45k from? Not saying you are lying, but would love to know your address (or your neighbors) so us real professionals can tell you
A so-called "real professional" wouldn't think McKinney is underdeveloped and lame for not having as much retail as Plano.

A professional would probably also know who Centex is.

$45k appreciation in a year is entirely believable, especially if they bought it at about $20k under market value.

Old 07-29-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
A so-called "real professional" wouldn't think McKinney is underdeveloped and lame for not having as much retail as Plano.

A professional would probably also know who Centex is.

$45k appreciation in a year is entirely believable, especially if they bought it at about $20k under market value.
Calling me out!

What does my opinion of McKinney being undeveloped have to do with anything? I think Garland is garbage, does that make me unprofessional too? Being undeveloped isn't necessarily bad, hell my partners and I developed/built over 100 luxury houses in McKinney

Sorry I don't know remember who Centex is. It was so long ago, do you expect me to remember everything? Plus, my partners and I were a custom home builder, I never focused on these volume builder back in the days, esp low end. It's only now in recent years as custom builders go out of business cause it's not a good ROI anymore

And to your third point, yea of course, if I got a house for free it would of "appreciated" a lot too

Old 07-29-2015, 05:37 PM

256 posts, read 515,939 times
Quote:
hell my partners and I developed/built over 100 luxury houses in McKinney
What's the name of your company?

Old 08-05-2015, 10:37 PM

200 posts, read 533,256 times
It is difficult..since your house appreciated, so did the others, esp in the $300k range. Dallas area saw an increase of 8.6% since last June on avg. I agree with PP about the capital gains taxes too, I wouldn't want to loose that by not residing there for at least 2 years.

GL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or