U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 08:10 AM

190 posts, read 201,842 times

Advertisements

Hi - we moved last week and are currently in an apt in Plano on Preston Rd as we look for a house. My daughter (11) wants to start up with dance again. She has taken mostly rec dance for many years but then took a couple of yrs off for basketball. She wants to go back to it but I'm not looking for a super-intense dance troupe because she's just not at that level yet and her priority for the Fall will be school anyway. I just want her to get some activity and meet new friends since the apt. isn't very conducive to that. It would be great if it meets more than 1x/week or if there are different classes I could put her in. I will check out the parks system to see if there's something good. She's interested in tap but also might like ballet. TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 01:51 AM

183 posts, read 131,943 times
Gotta Dance on Parker Rd and Custer Rd in Plano is great for Ballet and tap. You will be pleasantly surprised how reasonable their programs are compared to northeast schools. Some of their programs get some sponsorship because they are also Plano Metropolitan Ballet.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:04 AM

190 posts, read 201,842 times
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter5457 View Post
Gotta Dance on Parker Rd and Custer Rd in Plano is great for Ballet and tap. You will be pleasantly surprised how reasonable their programs are compared to northeast schools. Some of their programs get some sponsorship because they are also Plano Metropolitan Ballet.
Thanks so much. I'll give them a call. That was one of the places I was saving on my computer because it looked good! Much appreciated

Old 07-31-2015, 05:36 PM

445 posts, read 1,642,761 times
I'm not sure how far up Preston you are in Plano, but my daughter took lessons at Centre for Dance at Coit and Campbell in Richardson for years (she just stopped last year). I lived off Coit in Plano (just a few minutes from Preston) and it only took me 10 minutes to zip down Coit to her classes - well worth it as I was very pleased with their program (and it was affordable as a single mom with 3 kids).

Good luck!

Old 08-01-2015, 12:58 AM

141 posts, read 145,968 times
Based on your location, the closest dance schools are

-Dance Industry (Windhaven and Tollway)

-KJ Dance (Preston and Spring Creek)- this one is most likely the closest one to you since you indicate you're on Preston

-Studio 3 (Coit and Park)

Most dance studios around here will usually offer some sort of competitive dance troupe/company to represent their studio, but I wouldn't necessarily consider them "competitive" because they have the resources to offer a variety of other classes for students that don't want to go the competitive route. Since you mention your daughter's interested possibly in tap and ballet, your daughter would most likely be placed in a combo class- some studios still offer that as an option, and don't make you choose one or the other. The first two studios are well-regarded on the national circuit of the "dance world" for their respective dance companies, but I would venture to guess that there is a good percentage of students that do not compete and just take regular classes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or