U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 10:08 PM

13 posts, read 10,982 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I know this topic has been touched on frequently but I haven't seen one addressing around what I'm looking for so I figured I would throw up a thread and see what help I could get, so thank you everyone in advance.

I am a 26 years young working professional that's moving from Indianapolis to Dallas around April of 16, I realize its a long way away from the posting of this thread but I tend to get OCD and do a lot of research before I make a move somewhere hah. I feel like I have been searching everywhere to find decent apartments in the Uptown and Downtown area, but would like to touch base with everyone here to see if maybe there is anything that I may have missed or over looked.

I would prefer a loft style apartment, I have a thing for concrete floors and a modern "rustic" look. I like going out to the bar every once in a while but it definitely isn't a major part of my lifestyle then seeing it as a good way to socialize and meet knew people if I am going out to a bar, I would prefer it to be live concert style (kinda indie pop/rock/alternative) or EDM, not a huge fan of Rap or Hip Hop hah. I am artistically minded and have been playing music for 10+ years so an area that is more artist friendly in the hopes of meeting up with like minded musicians to jam out with is a top priority for me.

Safety at night isn't really a huge concern for me as I'm prior service military and definitely can handle myself if the need were to arise but having good restaurants and places to shop within walking distance would be great but not necessarily a requirement. Im hoping to keep the budget at or under $1,200 for a studio or 1 bedroom. But any suggestions you have that are a little outside Uptown or Downtown within or under that price range I am absolutely welcome to hear about and look into. Trying to gather as much information as I can before I make the move

Thanks again everyone,
Victor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 04:26 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,447,065 times
Another vote for Deep Ellum. It has everything you want.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:38 AM

5,682 posts, read 1,712,156 times
Deep Ellum.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:36 AM

198 posts, read 195,085 times
I agree with the poster above, Deep Ellum.

Here's some places to check out down there
Commerce Lofts
2639 Elm Lofts
615 N. Good Latimer Lofts
7-Up Bottling Company
Adam Hats Lofts
Ambrose
Citi-Lofts Phase 1
The Continental
Eastside Lofts
Farm & Ranch Lofts
Futura Lofts
Gaston Yard
Goodrich Lofts
Mitchell Lofts
Murray Lofts
Urban Woods on Commerce
Walton St. Studio Apts
3200 Main
The Murray

2220 Canton in the Farmers Market wouldn't be bad either.

Last edited by dch526; 09-01-2015 at 09:58 AM..

Old 09-01-2015, 08:41 AM

1,595 posts, read 1,569,606 times
SoCo lofts on Jackson St. Downtown.
It's halfway between the Southside entertainment and Deep Ellum but you have the added convenience of downtown.
SoCo Urban Lofts of Dallas, TX | 1122 Jackson Street

units are all individually owned with many available for rent so lots of diversity among both individual units and residents. I lived there for a year in a 950 sq. ft. studio and enjoyed it.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:47 AM

3,268 posts, read 3,268,306 times
Lots of nice loft apartments off of main street in downtown area.

However, there isn't a whole lot of entertainment options downtown after working hours

A handful of bars and a few restaurants are usually open. Not nearly as much foot traffic as you would think.

The action is usually found in Deep Ellum or in Uptown.

If you work downtown I would say go with a place where you can walk to work.

However, after reading your comments about being artistic I would definitely go with Deep Ellum as many others

have suggested.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:22 PM

26 posts, read 54,288 times
deep ellum all the way for you man, its a great neighborhood that is really reviving. Check out the adams hats lofts or the futurama apt building. Lots of cool and unique bars, eateries and live music venues

Old 09-01-2015, 02:35 PM

Ill have to check out all these suggestions, thanks everyone! I have heard from my research that deep ellum is a good spot so I will definitely concentrate on that area.

dch526, looking through your selections I noticed you mention the 7-up bottling company, was that an old warehouse turned into loft homes or are you suggesting that I should live in a bottling manufacturer

Old 09-01-2015, 02:49 PM

198 posts, read 195,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcslater View Post
Ill have to check out all these suggestions, thanks everyone! I have heard from my research that deep ellum is a good spot so I will definitely concentrate on that area.

dch526, looking through your selections I noticed you mention the 7-up bottling company, was that an old warehouse turned into loft homes or are you suggesting that I should live in a bottling manufacturer
Haha it's an old warehouse conversion.

Here's the address: 2700 Live Oak St (13 Units)

Old 09-01-2015, 03:20 PM

Haha great, thank you dch526, I appreciate the clarification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or