U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 963 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

We recently purchased a 2015 built home in the beginning of August. However there were few problems that hasn't been situated still because the builder disappeared on us.
From the very beginning when the house was in the process of building, the builder assured us that the house will be complete by the 27th of July which would give us three days to move out of our apartment since our rent contract ends on the 30th. He also said if the house isn't complete by the date then he would rent us a hotel for a couple days until the house is complete. Well, we ended up staying 2 nights at a hotel paying out of pocket.
When it was time to finalized the house, we didn't like the stove and dishwasher that he installed for us and we'd preferred to buy our own so we asked him politely to remove them, he agreed to do so and would give us the money in return, never received the money! and the stove and dishwasher is just sitting in our garage collecting dust and space.
Another problem was the back door that leads to the patio were majorly damaged when we first moved in there were dents all over! We told him about the issue and he told us not to worry, he'll replace it with a new door, still have not received a new door.
There were few other problems with the house, but the ones I addressed above are what I am concerned most about.
We've tried calling/texting him many time but no answers. My relator tried to get in contact with him as well but no luck. We're trying to find a way to get in touch with his manager at the moment.
It's been almost two months! What should I do for him to show up and give us our money back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 12:24 PM

29,975 posts, read 34,597,527 times
There is a huge shortage of skilled labor in this market and every builder is struggling to get homes built.
I'm surprised anyone would "Assure" you it would be built by a certain date.

You might go ahead and tell us who your builder is so we'll know how to respond.
It would also let others know if they are considering that builder.

You should have never closed if the house was not finished. Big mistake by your Real Estate agent.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:44 PM

976 posts, read 1,008,334 times
What builder was it?

Exactly Rankin. Most big builders will not close with open issues. Mine sure wont.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:18 PM

4,231 posts, read 2,546,123 times
Builder doesn't like you man!!

Old 09-13-2015, 01:23 PM

3,535 posts, read 6,964,286 times
Why would he give you money for the appliances? You have them.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:25 PM

3,535 posts, read 6,964,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
What builder was it?

Exactly Rankin. Most big builders will not close with open issues. Mine sure wont.
There's so many red flags on this. I suspect this is a small builder not one of the big ones. Probably not even in a neighborhood. Maybe out like near Anna?

Old 09-13-2015, 01:56 PM

976 posts, read 1,008,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
There's so many red flags on this. I suspect this is a small builder not one of the big ones. Probably not even in a neighborhood. Maybe out like near Anna?
A very small one or this is a bogus thread. First post. FYI.
If its real, must be a individual that maybe builds homes on the side. Doesnt sound right.

Old 09-13-2015, 02:33 PM

7,085 posts, read 16,924,489 times
This is not a large builder. A large builder would never remove appliances and give a credit as they have to provide a completed home for their warranties to kick in. A large builder would give a closing window, not an exact date, and their contracts typically state "2 years" for completion. A large builder would have a warranty customer service rep to where they can't ignore you.

You need to write a list of everything you feel the builder owes you and send it via email as well as certified mail to ensure proof of receipt, and if you have to take him to court afterwards, you have proof of you trying all you can to get his attention. Don't mention attorney in your notice otherwise communication will immediately stop and it'll have to go attorney to attorney. That's how they work.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:49 AM

4,128 posts, read 13,174,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
A very small one or this is a bogus thread. First post. FYI.
If its real, must be a individual that maybe builds homes on the side. Doesnt sound right.
I suspect you're right or the OP doesn't know how to reply to a thread?

Red flags when buyer decides to close on the house when it's not 100% completed. Real Estate agent isn't necessarily to blame, I've been in the situation and told buyers not to sign off on final walk yet they insisted that the items were too minor. Took the builder almost 4 months to get them all taken care of.

May be he/she will chime in again and give the builders name...

Naima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or