U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 10:43 AM

166 posts, read 173,967 times

Advertisements

To each their own I guess. $330K will get you a fully remodeled 4 BR ~2000sf in some of the most attractive areas of West Richardson, with better public schools than the majority of Lewisville or Frisco and a 10-15ish minute 1-way commute, even in traffic. I know a lot of people have to have newer construction and 3000+ sf, but if it were me, I think I'd be way more sane in a slightly smaller but better located house.

I was commuting between 1 to 1.5 hours one way every day and cut it down to 10 minutes one way by moving to Richardson. Could I have moved further out and gotten a bigger/newer house? Sure... but I spend a lot more time with my family and have everything I need here. Best of luck to you and I hope whatever you decide it's the right balance of house, schools, and your quality of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 11:36 AM

443 posts, read 339,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingInRichardson View Post
To each their own I guess. $330K will get you a fully remodeled 4 BR ~2000sf in some of the most attractive areas of West Richardson, with better public schools than the majority of Lewisville or Frisco and a 10-15ish minute 1-way commute, even in traffic. I know a lot of people have to have newer construction and 3000+ sf, but if it were me, I think I'd be way more sane in a slightly smaller but better located house.

I was commuting between 1 to 1.5 hours one way every day and cut it down to 10 minutes one way by moving to Richardson. Could I have moved further out and gotten a bigger/newer house? Sure... but I spend a lot more time with my family and have everything I need here. Best of luck to you and I hope whatever you decide it's the right balance of house, schools, and your quality of life.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be offensive if you took any.

Can you find me a 5 fully remodeled 2000sf house in the most attractive area of West Richardson and post em?

Old 09-18-2015, 04:29 PM

166 posts, read 173,967 times
No problem - definitely not offended! I just really don't understand why people would choose to commute for a few hundred extra square feet and newer construction - I've known a lot of people who've moved into new houses and had a lot of build quality issues.

I send you a DM since I'm not sure about the rules on posting real estate listings. I know it's not easy out there right now and I can sympathize being a recent purchaser myself. For what it's worth, coming from near Coit/Arapaho it takes me no more than 10-15 minutes to get to Walnut Hill/75 even in traffic in the morning. I sometimes go that way to take my kid to PreK which is in that neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or