U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 10:37 PM

443 posts, read 342,659 times

Advertisements

Anyone know the area between East of Denton Tap Rd, West of 35, South of 3040, and North of 121?

It seems like there are pricey homes there and may blend into Coppell but use LISD.

Children won't use the school for 7 years so not a huge concern currently. From what I gather, the majority of Lewisville is a dump, but this looks interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 10:55 PM

2,035 posts, read 1,448,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
Anyone know the area between East of Denton Tap Rd, West of 35, South of 3040, and North of 121?

It seems like there are pricey homes there and may blend into Coppell but use LISD.

Children won't use the school for 7 years so not a huge concern currently. From what I gather, the majority of Lewisville is a dump, but this looks interesting.
That's what surprises me most about Lewisville; you'd think it would be much nicer since it's located along a lake, but I guess you are just paying high prices for the lake, because as you said, most of Lewisville is a dump.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
That's what surprises me most about Lewisville; you'd think it would be much nicer since it's located along a lake, but I guess you are just paying high prices for the lake, because as you said, most of Lewisville is a dump.
Indeed

Any insight on the specific area I mentioned?

Old 09-17-2015, 11:39 PM

3,169 posts, read 4,840,302 times
It's okay, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Or my second. It would be an awful commute for you (Walnut Hill & 75 right?). And it doesn't really fit the school situation you are looking for. That portion of LISD is likely to get better in the next couple years, but I wouldn't bet on a complete transformation--it's always going to go to Lewisville HS. There are a TON of apartments in that area.

It's never going to be zoned to Coppell ISD. It might be available for open enrollment right now (not totally sure), but I wouldn't count on that situation lasting and I believe it ends at elementary school now.

If you are interested this far West, I'd look into areas of Lewisville and Carrollton feeding to Hebron HS.

As far as "blending" into Coppell, the Coppell Greens neighborhood sort of does, but really not anything else. 121 is a pretty stark divide.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:43 AM

30,020 posts, read 34,700,336 times
Lewisville is actually a great area for people who are under $250k and has always sold well especially the southern part. It's much nicer than Carrollton.

The area you speak about is Vista Ridge Estates area and it is a nice area for the money. Fantastic location.

If you want nicer go to Plano, Coppell, Frisco and spend $350-600k. You know that under $250 your choices are going to very limited.
At that price you're going to get older areas, apartments, not the highest rated schools unless you want to go way out and have an hour commute to your work.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:07 AM

217 posts, read 250,439 times
I know the area well. There are some micro nighborhoods here.
Look at the crime map and you see some area with lot of crime - some not so much.
Lot of apartments in the area and lot of petty crime.

Location is #1 for this area - right on 121 close to airport close to Frisco, central area overall in metroplex.
Pulte and MI are building new home communities in the area.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
It's okay, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Or my second. It would be an awful commute for you (Walnut Hill & 75 right?). And it doesn't really fit the school situation you are looking for. That portion of LISD is likely to get better in the next couple years, but I wouldn't bet on a complete transformation--it's always going to go to Lewisville HS. There are a TON of apartments in that area.

It's never going to be zoned to Coppell ISD. It might be available for open enrollment right now (not totally sure), but I wouldn't count on that situation lasting and I believe it ends at elementary school now.

If you are interested this far West, I'd look into areas of Lewisville and Carrollton feeding to Hebron HS.

As far as "blending" into Coppell, the Coppell Greens neighborhood sort of does, but really not anything else. 121 is a pretty stark divide.
How much more awful of a commute can I get? I drive 35 Miles each way at 90 minutes.

I did notice that there are big time apartment buildings in the area.

Never counting on it getting zoned to Coppell ISD. We would have to move when child is going to school (7 years) or fork up private school money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Lewisville is actually a great area for people who are under $250k and has always sold well especially the southern part. It's much nicer than Carrollton.

The area you speak about is Vista Ridge Estates area and it is a nice area for the money. Fantastic location.

If you want nicer go to Plano, Coppell, Frisco and spend $350-600k. You know that under $250 your choices are going to very limited.
At that price you're going to get older areas, apartments, not the highest rated schools unless you want to go way out and have an hour commute to your work.
$250 is a dream. I have already accepted it will never happen. We are starting to look $300k-$325k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggierk View Post
I know the area well. There are some micro nighborhoods here.
Look at the crime map and you see some area with lot of crime - some not so much.
Lot of apartments in the area and lot of petty crime.

Location is #1 for this area - right on 121 close to airport close to Frisco, central area overall in metroplex.
Pulte and MI are building new home communities in the area.
Hmm, Crime is definitely a problem. I was hoping that since it looks to be surrounded by $400k-$500k houses that it would be nicer.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:37 AM

1,081 posts, read 1,171,217 times
If you are already going to fork over money for privates or move when school starts, why not move closer to where you work? I'm not sure if there is something tying you to the northern suburbs. What's wrong with Dallas or surrounding areas?

ETA: I guess I don't understand how moving from Frisco to Lewisville is going to make your Walnut Hill/75 commute any better.

Last edited by stephwin; 09-18-2015 at 09:48 AM..

Old 09-18-2015, 10:01 AM

9,524 posts, read 19,597,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
ETA: I guess I don't understand how moving from Frisco to Lewisville is going to make your Walnut Hill/75 commute any better.
Richardson would make perfect sense. It's close to work and has excellent public schools.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Richardson would make perfect sense. It's close to work and has excellent public schools.
The availability of decent homes at a $330k price tag is rough.

Most are 1960's single stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or