Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 06:25 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
Just across the train tracks from Little Forest Hills is Casa Linda Forest. I live in this area and it's just starting to get attention. There's a nicely remodeled house on Springwater a smidge below your budget.
Just know that the DISD schools in this neighborhood are BAD, and it will affect your resale value. There was a thread here a few months ago about this neighborhood.
Home buying in Claremont neighborhood... thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 08:46 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,478,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Just know that the DISD schools in this neighborhood are BAD, and it will affect your resale value. There was a thread here a few months ago about this neighborhood.
Home buying in Claremont neighborhood... thoughts?
CLF is not Claremont. CLF is zoned to Sanger which many local families are happy with; especially since the school will soon go to 8th grade.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:55 AM

14 posts, read 21,699 times
It seems that there is more variety in school choice than I originally thought! Honestly, this is just an added bonus. It makes me even more sure about my move to East Dallas!

Old 09-23-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
If you want to be west of the lake, Ridgewood Park (75214, east of Abrams/ south of Lovers/ north of DART) is probably the best value neighborhood. If you can find anything zoned to Lakewood or Stonewall Jackson elementaries (look north of Mockingbird, south of DART) that works for under $400k, BUY IT! Even if you won't be using the schools, the schools drive home values up disproportionately to surrounding neighborhoods zoned to lesser schools

Hollywood Heights/ Santa Monica is a charming little neighborbood tucked just southeast of the Lakewood Country Club. Also zoned to Lakewood Elementary. 75223.

If you're open to east of the lake, 75218 zoned to Hexter Elem is the way to go. Anything off Northlake is such an easy, straight shot down to the lake. I think everything in the Peninsula neighborbood is probably over $400k now but worth a look east of Buckner,
What do you know about the Sanger school district? I found a home in the northern part of Casa Linda thats in 75218. I've heard some mixed things, but that it's "getting better", and the parents are very involved. Again, our prospective children are about 7-8 years from being elementary age, so we have some time.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:56 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate17 View Post
What do you know about the Sanger school district? I found a home in the northern part of Casa Linda thats in 75218. I've heard some mixed things, but that it's "getting better", and the parents are very involved. Again, our prospective children are about 7-8 years from being elementary age, so we have some time.
Just want to validate your position that you are almost a decade from school use and, unless the neighborhood is seemingly on a downhill shift, don't be overly concerned about schools. The White Rock area is so desirable and if the homes are being kept up and there is an obvious rehab push going on, it will be great!

Old 09-23-2015, 01:07 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,282,852 times
Quote:
I know very little but would trust pepper131's feedback!

Old 09-23-2015, 07:18 PM

If I found a house I really like, meets all of my criteria, that's within budget in Forest Hills or Little Forest Hills, just north of Casa Linda and bought it, do you think I'd regret it in 5 years from an investment standpoint? (Sorry if I sound so cautious..first home buyer, and am at a price point I'm surprised we can afford.)

Last edited by txstate17; 09-23-2015 at 07:27 PM..

Old 09-24-2015, 05:34 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,478,415 times
What are the cross streets? I tend to think of FH and LFH as being south of Casa Linda as Garland Rd runs NE.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:37 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,460,531 times
Quote:
If I found a house I really like, meets all of my criteria, that's within budget in Forest Hills or Little Forest Hills, just north of Casa Linda and bought it, do you think I'd regret it in 5 years from an investment standpoint? (Sorry if I sound so cautious..first home buyer, and am at a price point I'm surprised we can afford.)
It all depends on the elementary it's zoned to. As the other poster stated, both Forest Hills and Little Forest Hills are south of Casa Linda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas