U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 03:24 PM

190 posts, read 201,273 times

Advertisements

This whole pool thing is new to us and we need to set up weekly cleaning, chemicals, etc. I asked the sellers of our house and they gave me their guy but my husband wasn't very impressed - he never even set up the program for the filter. I've heard of $30-$40 range. Does that sound right? If anybody has a service they really like, please let me know. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 03:30 PM

103 posts, read 64,861 times
180 / month with Hayden Pools.
That's approx 4 cleanings per month @ 45. (this is final price i.e. includes taxes)

Old 09-24-2015, 08:15 AM

6,268 posts, read 12,183,217 times
We've been searching as well recently. To be honest, I think any pool company can do a good job... but it all comes down to the tech who services your area.

We're currently with Prestige Pool, and when we first started with them, our weekly tech did a fantastic job, pool was always cleaned properly, never had any issues whatsoever. Now however, our old tech is gone, and a new guy has been doing the cleaning for the past few months... and he is awful. So bad, that we recently changed to having them just do the chemicals, and I take care of the cleaning myself. He never does anything, and he's a liar to boot. So, we've been shopping around for next season.

We recently had Blue Science come out to fix a skimmer leak. Their customer service was great, and I think we'll see about having them clean our pool next year and see how they do.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:27 PM

114 posts, read 141,031 times
Our friends used Tropix Pools and really liked them. We used them once for plumbing repair, they were quick and did a good job.

Have you considered doing pool maintenance yourself? It is not too hard, especially if your water is already balanced and you just need to keep it that way. If you have a decent robot like Dolphin Nautilus or similar, it will take care of most of the cleaning. As for the chemicals - it is usually controlling chlorine and pH levels, other parameters would require adjustments less frequently. Google trouble free pool - it is a great resource for DIY pool maintenance.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:50 PM

190 posts, read 201,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
We've been searching as well recently. To be honest, I think any pool company can do a good job... but it all comes down to the tech who services your area.

We're currently with Prestige Pool, and when we first started with them, our weekly tech did a fantastic job, pool was always cleaned properly, never had any issues whatsoever. Now however, our old tech is gone, and a new guy has been doing the cleaning for the past few months... and he is awful. So bad, that we recently changed to having them just do the chemicals, and I take care of the cleaning myself. He never does anything, and he's a liar to boot. So, we've been shopping around for next season.

We recently had Blue Science come out to fix a skimmer leak. Their customer service was great, and I think we'll see about having them clean our pool next year and see how they do.
My niece and nephew use AquaKool Pools. It's a small outfit and the owner Robert cleans our pool himself. They really raved about him and have used him since they moved to Frisco. Really nice guy and does a great job...from what we can see so far. We've had lots of questions and he answers every one. Next, we need to figure out our leak issue - previous owners didn't tell us there was a slow leak but this is more than evaporation. Never a dull moment with pools, I guess.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:41 PM

30,026 posts, read 34,714,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deenie1 View Post
Next, we need to figure out our leak issue - previous owners didn't tell us there was a slow leak but this is more than evaporation. Never a dull moment with pools, I guess.
Look around the pump and equipment first. That's the most common and easiest to spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or