U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-29-2015, 08:50 PM
 
184 posts, read 116,490 times
Reputation: 269

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
LOL It's not your fault, your information was accurate. It's just some people are unable to face facts when it comes to where they live vs other areas.
It's the other way round. People like you think where you live is heaven and rest all is hell. Your world seems to begin with Plano, McKinney and ends with Prosper. And what you speak is not Truth but TRASH.

Proof is your posts. Legacy corridor where most jobs in Plano are is near from Allen 121/Custer/Exchange than many other parts of Plano. You are forgetting that you have to pass through Allen to reach legacy corridor from many parts of McKinney. It is not rocket science to know that Plano has many corporate HQ's and still attracting many more. And other suburbs growth surrounding Plano is because of the same reason. You are talking as if you just discovered it and not everyone knows about it. It's been like that for decades. Every city has got it's own character, advantages and different people has different preferences and liking.

Moderator cut: Unnecessary

Last edited by Acntx; 09-30-2015 at 07:52 PM..

 
Old 09-29-2015, 08:58 PM
 
233 posts, read 221,559 times
Reputation: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
There is really no crucial difference between all of those. All of these towns are doing pretty well currently with the huge increases in property tax revenues (and yes, they are driven by personal property tax, the "corporate residents" are getting handouts).
Plano is giving 50% off on property tax for 10 year but they are getting rest of the property tax and sales revenue. About $14 million per year until 2025 and it double as property tax discount ends. That's only from Toyota, they already have several big corporations and getting new "corporate residents" every month. Every big fish also brings smaller fishes and employees, which adds more income, brings jobs and keeps housing and local shopping/eating/services/entertainment joints in demand.

Plano to vote Monday on tax breaks for Toyota's new U.S. headquarters | Dallas Morning News
 
Old 09-29-2015, 09:09 PM
 
3,535 posts, read 6,962,806 times
Reputation: 4541
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencronin04 View Post
To be fair, and I'm a big fan of Richardson...it sounds like you're describing East Richardson.
The East Richardson with great schools and $300k homes?
 
Old 09-29-2015, 09:18 PM
 
233 posts, read 221,559 times
Reputation: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
And to get to DART rail, say from W Plano is probably slower than from a large portion of Allen.

You are wrong about Allen having it better access but compared to East and central Plano, West Plano doesn't have quick access to Parker Road Dart station. They do have Trinity Mills Station within 15 minutes on one side and Parker Road station within 15 minutes on other side and there are DART bus stations as well. There is also a park & ride in West Plano, you can take DART buses to and from Dallas. When I worked in Plano, I used it few times.

https://www.dart.org/riding/stations...arkandride.asp

Last edited by DallasG; 09-29-2015 at 09:36 PM..
 
Old 09-29-2015, 09:22 PM
 
233 posts, read 221,559 times
Reputation: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
The East Richardson with great schools and $300k homes?
NE Richardson is a really good area and doesn't come cheap. They have Plano schools. That area is also attracting big companies. Renner Road area doesn't even look like a part of a relatively older city. I also love area near horse riding school and women's club place on Jupiter, old but really nice. I used to play golf on Sherrill Park course. If you want to use 75 to go south then it's much better than Allen and you do have access to George Bush Turnpike.

Last edited by DallasG; 09-29-2015 at 09:41 PM..
 
Old 09-29-2015, 09:37 PM
 
1,529 posts, read 846,924 times
Reputation: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasG View Post
Plano is giving 50% off on property tax for 10 year but they are getting rest of the property tax and sales revenue. About $14 million per year until 2025 and it double as property tax discount ends. That's only from Toyota, they already have several big corporations and getting new "corporate residents" every month. Every big fish also brings smaller fishes and employees, which adds more income, brings jobs and keeps housing and local shopping/eating/services/entertainment joints in demand.

Plano to vote Monday on tax breaks for Toyota's new U.S. headquarters | Dallas Morning News
That's great, I'm subsidizing them for just 10 years. makes me feel way better.
 
Old 09-29-2015, 09:47 PM
 
233 posts, read 221,559 times
Reputation: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
That's great, I'm subsidizing them for just 10 years. makes me feel way better.
There were many contenders. Everyone wanted them because they bring money, you have to lure them with incentives. Even 50% property tax and full sales tax is a big chunk of money. Smaller companies and home buyers that follow them bring more money.
 
Old 09-29-2015, 09:51 PM
 
1,529 posts, read 846,924 times
Reputation: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasG View Post
You are wrong about Allen having it better access but compared to East and central Plano, West Plano doesn't have quick access to Parker Road Dart station. They do have Trinity Mills Station within 15 minutes on one side and Parker Road station within 15 minutes on other side and there are DART bus stations as well. There is also a park & ride in West Plano, you can take DART buses to and from Dallas. When I worked in Plano, I used it few times.

https://www.dart.org/riding/stations...arkandride.asp
ok...

Have you lived in Allen? I have for many years. Do you live in W. Plano? I do, for quite a few years now.

Btw, I was making just a general comment, for me personally, even if the rail was at my front door, it would not work for me because of the kids and the need to be back quickly, if necessary.

Not that I' against buses in general, I used to take public transportation e.g. bus, starting in 1st grade, but around here it would be a big waste of time.
 
Old 09-29-2015, 09:58 PM
 
233 posts, read 221,559 times
Reputation: 130
Just because we don't use it regularly, that doesn't mean that no one does or we never would. Just because it isn't as efficient yet, doesn't mean we can't make it better. Just because roads weren't paved when cars were invented, doesn't mean we should've stayed on horses.
 
Old 09-29-2015, 10:03 PM
 
120 posts, read 216,082 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
The East Richardson with great schools and $300k homes?
They're talking further south starting around Greenville/Chinatown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top