Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Fort Worth different enough from Dallas for a person to like one and dislike the other?
Yes 48 77.42%
No 14 22.58%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 06:24 PM

15 posts, read 13,864 times

Advertisements

Is Fort Worth different enough from Dallas for a person to like one and dislike the other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 09:15 AM

5,265 posts, read 6,405,851 times
In my opinion, "NO", and I'd say all Texas cities are way more alike than they are different. Would love to hear the supposed differences though. I guess Ft Worth has more of a 'cowboy' history, but unless you are a Stockyards tour guide, that's not your life in Ft Worth. The neighborhoods, the stores, the buildout is all the same.

If you want something different from a Texas city, then you have to go the north. The cities are just built differently, from Portland to Chicago to Minneapolis to the NE - Baltimore, NYC, DC, to Boston - the politics are very different, and the lifestyle is different. Or you have to go to a small town.

Southern cities are all the same to me, from LA to Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, Oklahoma City, Atlanta, and Miami. At least the weather is a little different between LA (unless you live in the valley) and Miami. Dallas and Ft Worth weather is exactly the same.

El Paso sort of has a different feel due to the overwhelming Mexican influence, but but it's a matter of a few degrees and not dramatic and more like Texas cities than not.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:18 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Sure, one can have personal tastes and preferences.

I don't dislike Dallas but actually prefer FW because it's a slower pace and has a beautiful downtown.

To each their own.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:29 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
Southern cities are all the same to me, from LA to Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, Oklahoma City, Atlanta, and Miami.

If you think Oklahoma City and Miami are in any way comparable then you must have traveled through Miami while being blindfolded, bound, and gagged in a soundproof van.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:05 AM

19,792 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post

If you think Oklahoma City and Miami are in any way comparable then you must have traveled through Miami while being blindfolded, bound, and gagged in a soundproof van.
He should have thrown Baghdad and Paris in there too.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:11 AM

5,265 posts, read 6,405,851 times
Quote:
Oklahoma City, Atlanta, and Miami.
Tell me that Ft Lauderdale couldn't be a suburb of Houston. The whole of Miami is not South Beach.

Never been to Baghdad, but Paris is as far from a Texas city as you could imagine, in terms of politics, personal space, buildout, everything.

Last edited by TheOverdog; 09-30-2015 at 10:19 AM..

Old 09-30-2015, 10:27 AM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post

Oklahoma City isn't even like Tulsa, much less Dallas or Miami. It's a singularly ugly city.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:32 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,046 times
Quote:
Tell me that Ft Lauderdale couldn't be a suburb of Houston. The whole of Miami is not South Beach.

Never been to Baghdad, but Paris is as far from a Texas city as you could imagine, in terms of politics, personal space, buildout, everything.
Actually Fort Lauderdale is more urban than Houston IMO, but a lot smaller. It's prettier, has comparable shopping, less traffic, and it's a lot more fun. I like Fort Lauderdale a lot better than Fort Worth too, but it's a toss up with Dallas.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:32 AM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
In my opinion, "NO", and I'd say all Texas cities are way more alike than they are different.
That's true, but that's not the question. The question is whether the differences that do exist are significant enough to affect opinions.

There are more total similarities than total differences between New York City and Honolulu, too, much less between Honolulu and Lahina, but there certainly differences enough to affect affections between all of them.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:23 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,572,396 times
Absolutely. Dallas > Ft Worth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas