U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 08:40 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,894,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyLebeau View Post
I guess you missed these posts in this thread while talking about tolerance:

#3 Aceraceae
Liberal quota has been filled.

#19 BigDGeek
Nope, you won't.

#23 rambo999
Why Dallas? Have you considered West Coast, like SF, LA, etc. You can be a better fit there..

To the OP, if someone asks what church you attend, which is an odd question, just ask them why or tell them you don't have one. If it seems to upset them for whatever reason, just throw out the name of one of the many megachurches in the area. Most people really don't care. They attend church to be seen, gossip or as part of a routine.

Same with politics. Those that freely claim to be Republican or Democrat like its a badge of honor usually can't tell you why. In fact, if you remove the "R" and "D" in front candidates name on a ballot and a lot of people would be lost. When politics comes up and someone wants to argue a side instead of a person/issue, I tell people only an idiot votes party line. There are (sadly few) good candidates on each side and (sadly many) crooks on each side. Usually politics only comes up when someone wants to make a passing statement. Very few people are interested in actually having a discussion.

Good thing about both those types of people, they aren't someone you would want to hang out with anyway so take it as a gift if/when you run across one. If someone is going to judge you, be polite and move on.
I'm not nor ever have been religious. My parents weren't either, so I didn't even grow up in it.

I don't like the democrats trying to play Santa Claus. Free **** for everyone! No work involved! We'll make those rich people pay for it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 12:01 PM

453 posts, read 364,410 times
I have been living in the DFW Suburbs for years. It's mostly fine no matter what you are, given all the transplants in the area.. But I would say it is not uncommon to come across weird situations with religion and politics. But it appears things are shaking out. Looks like even Frisco will legalize liquor stores now.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:01 PM

9 posts, read 6,358 times
Absolute nonsense. Would love to see any sort of public record of this arrest for cursing in Galveston that is "always" happening.

And by the way, in 2012 Obama won Pinellas county Fla by .09%, he won Dallas county by 16%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarino View Post
I can't imagine that move is going to work for you. We lived in San Antonio and Galveston, places we felt were much more liberal (for Texas) than Dallas, and it was beyond annoying dealing w/ the rigid mindsets in both places. People were always being arrested in Galveston because they cussed in a supermarket or something, then the charges would be dropped after they were arrested because, hey, that is constitutionally protected free speech. But tell that to a Texan! And no, I am not making this up. That sets the tone for what you are going to encounter.

What you're seeking is rapidly disappearing in this country, but we DID discover St. Pete, Florida recently, and will be moving there next month. The vibe is friendly and liberal, and it was just so wonderful being around people that shared our outlook. I can't even tell you how nice it was to encounter this when I recently went there to ck the place out. It actually brought tears to my eyes, because we have been living in areas that have just not supported our lives, and that is harmful to one's health both mentally and spiritually. I had given up hope of finding something like this on our budget, but I never gave up looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or