U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 09:37 PM

13 posts, read 12,958 times

Advertisements

Hey guys! I just moved to the east Richardson area for work and have a few questions for anyone who is familiar with the area. My apartment complex is at Arapaho and Jupiter, and I work for a architecture firm in north Garland if this helps location-wise.

1. Does anyone have recommendations for a dry cleaners in this area which is reasonably priced (not necessarily the cheapest, but not $8 for a dress shirt either) and which I can trust with my clothes?
2. Recommendations for auto repair shops/mechanics in the area? Also, where would you guys recommend for oil changes? I have a 2009 Honda Accord that is generally very reliable, but I want to have shops lined up if/when I may need one down the road.

Thanks so much for the advice guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 09:21 AM

1,595 posts, read 1,588,438 times
1. Dry clean supercenter at Shiloh and Buckingham
2. Kwik Kar on Belt Line next to the plant nursery for regular fluid changes/inspections. Otherwise, Lute Riley Honda is at Collins/75 and has shuttle service within a few miles. I have not found a good, reliable mechanic otherwise.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:47 AM

23,641 posts, read 31,382,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdallas View Post
1. Dry clean supercenter at Shiloh and Buckingham
2. Kwik Kar on Belt Line next to the plant nursery for regular fluid changes/inspections. Otherwise, Lute Riley Honda is at Collins/75 and has shuttle service within a few miles. I have not found a good, reliable mechanic otherwise.
Ditto this, but if you want a more premium dry cleaner that does all their work on-site, there's a dry cleaner at Belt Line & 75 (southeast corner) that's really good.

To me all those lube shops are the same; they all take about the same amount of time and charge the same amount (give or take a couple of bucks), but I can tell you where NOT to go: Arapaho Sticker & Lube at the corner of Arapaho and West Shore (west of 75). Stories about that place are legendary.

I'd also avoid Heinley's Car Care on Spring Valley east of 75. They aggressively upsell, give you long lists of "necessary" repairs at inspection time, and in the past have literally broken pieces off my car by "accident" then slow-played me on the repair. They're awful.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:01 PM

643 posts, read 570,716 times
Ther is a dry cleaner right at the crossing of Jupiter and Arapaho. Opposite of QT. For cars, I normally go to the dealer. There a Honda service center on 75. Google for the address.

Oil changes are easy. You can do it yourself and save the dough!

Old 10-10-2015, 10:55 AM

52 posts, read 34,896 times
The dry cleaner in East Rich Plaza in the cornet of Plano Road and Campbell is awesome. While there try out LA Burger and Casa Milagros.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas