U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 08:35 AM

233 posts, read 221,875 times

Advertisements

Prosper to good private schools and most job hubs is a hellish commute. OP, if you want to keep private school option open then look into West Plano or North Dallas's Plano ISD pocket. This way you'll be able to change jobs without having to move if your work is in Plano, Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Richardson, Irving or any other nearby job hub.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 09:07 AM

1,165 posts, read 2,007,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasG View Post
Prosper to good private schools and most job hubs is a hellish commute. OP, if you want to keep private school option open then look into West Plano or North Dallas's Plano ISD pocket. This way you'll be able to change jobs without having to move if your work is in Plano, Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Richardson, Irving or any other nearby job hub.
Everyone has different wants and needs...Plano is a job hub.I have worked in Plano for the past 7 years and I have had zero issues with my commute.When my children are in high school (many years from now) I would absolutely consider a private school like Legacy Christian Academy in Frisco,a higher tier private or Prosper high school.

Side notes...While I hope my children are enthusiatic about school,I am unsure of what they will be capable of and what environment they will thrive in when they are older.I find it amusing that so many people in my age range with young children think they know exactly what their children will be capable of and who they will grow up to be many years from now.

I think alot of people moving here from areas like the northeast,Atlanta and California have a differrent idea of what reasonable commute times are.I had an hour commute each way to work in CT.Many people in the areas mentioned do these commutes daily.My 15-20 minute commute to work from Prosper to Plano is a dream.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:59 AM

It's ideal for your needs. I was talking in general as most couples may have to change jobs and location may not be suitable in long term and when people leave good public schools, they usually want top private schools. If work and schools move south then commuting to far north makes no sense. Of course there are random small private schools everywhere that some may like.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:23 PM

242 posts, read 333,600 times
We are currently renting in Flower Mound and I may eventually work in Plano (right across the freeway from the big mall in Frisco). I've driven it a few times in the morning and it didn't seem half bad - took me about 35 to 45 minutes. For those who've lived here far longer than I have (3 months) is a commute from FM to Frisco/Plano doable?

Old 10-14-2015, 04:38 PM

Doable? Yes. Needed or pleasant? No. There are so many good towns nearby, doesn't make sense unless it's temporary, your kid is a senior in school, you have family there or you'll have a loss selling your house that you just bought in FM. I like FM but there aren't enough reasons for one to commute to and from Collin County, twice daily.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:30 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,832,826 times
Quote:
We are currently renting in Flower Mound and I may eventually work in Plano (right across the freeway from the big mall in Frisco). I've driven it a few times in the morning and it didn't seem half bad - took me about 35 to 45 minutes. For those who've lived here far longer than I have (3 months) is a commute from FM to Frisco/Plano doable?
It gets old and expensive quickly. Especially the ramps from the George Bush to 35 and vice versa. 121 to 35 isn't so bad right now, but it will get there.

Mint.com tells me I've spent $2500 on tolls since 2011...and I didn't even take the tollway every day!

Old 10-19-2015, 12:46 PM

453 posts, read 363,063 times
The commute from Prosper to Plano is nothing. blink of an eye and you are there.

However 300k in Prosper isn't gonna happen.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:49 PM

19 posts, read 14,963 times
How do i know if an apartment is covered by Plano ISD? is there any website to check?

Old 10-19-2015, 12:52 PM

453 posts, read 363,063 times
I would call them up and ask.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:54 PM

19 posts, read 14,963 times
Do we have Apartments list for rental by City in this forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or