Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2006, 07:16 AM

17 posts, read 85,825 times

Advertisements

Our family is in the process of relocating to Texas...We were thinking Flower Mound any thoughts from anyone out there...We want to be close to Dallas within 20 to 15 min and are looking for a great kid friendly neighborhood and great schools, our kids are 7 and 9... Any info would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2006, 09:43 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
For the 15-20 minutes from Dallas, do you mean in rush hour traffic? If so that is out of the question. Then it depends on what part of Dallas you will be want to be close to. Flower Mound is near the airport so if you travel alot that is nice, I guess. It just also makes you real close to all of the airplanes overhead. Flower Mound is in the direct path of the runways for D/FW Airport.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:11 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,431,568 times
The traffic out that way is not fun.

If that area is of interest to you, you should also look at Colleyville and Southlake....both are very nice. If you go east a little, Coppell is also pretty nice/upscale. All the areas mentioned in this thread are safe, kid friendly and have great schools.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:44 PM

Thanks I just want a kid friendly neighborhood, good schools and close to shopping and a good wakeboarding lake that is a must! Arlington or Dallas close to one of those is cool with us. I'll take any ideas and feedback with a million thanks

Old 11-24-2006, 02:53 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,154,500 times
I hear good things about the growing town of Mansfield and its school district to the southwest of Dallas. It's near Joe Pool Lake and the school district is growing by leaps and bounds and is highly regarded. It's also in an area of North Texas that is actually quite hilly with terrific views of the area.

I can also echo the earlier advice about Grapevine, Southlake and Flower Mound. Grapevine and Southlake are nice but a bit pricier than Flower Mound partly b/c they're in Tarrant County where taxes are a bit higher. Flower Mound and other nearby suburbs are in Denton County which makes a difference. Also, other nice areas include Highland Village which began as a lakeside community for wealthy Dallasites back in the 30s and 40s. It's just to the north of Flower Mound. Some of the neighborhoods are abutting Lake Lewisville and the schools are top notch. There's also tremendous retail development occurring in that area especially off FM 2499 which is in the process of being extended north towards Corinth (another great area) finally connecting to I-35N in Denton.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:30 PM

Thanks for all your thoughts I appreciate it... We're going to do a springbreak trip in March with the kids.... Check out some areas, anymore suggestions i'd love to hear them thanks again

Old 11-28-2006, 12:00 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,154,500 times
Make sure you check out some of the other areas near Flower Mound/Highland Village including the huge golf course community called Lantana...you can google it and find info (Lantana Texas). Also, areas like Double Oak, Copper Canyon and Corinth are fast growing suburbs with great new neighborhoods and good schools and still fairly close to Lake Lewisville. Copper Canyon, Lantana and Corinth are all in the Denton ISD which is practically opening a new school each year. A new high school (Guyer High) opened last year and it serves all the new upscale areas in these suburbs. A new elementary opened last year in the Corinth neighborhood of Oakmont (a golfing/tennis/club community) and another is due to open next Sept.

Good zip codes to know so that you can check them out on various real estate sites include: 75077(Highland Village/Copper Canyon), 75028 (Flower Mound), 76226 (Lantana), 76210 (Corinth/Hickory Creek/South Denton). Hope this helps..I live close to all of these areas so if you have any more questions, feel free.

Old 12-10-2006, 04:36 PM

10 posts, read 48,778 times
You can't live in Flower Mound and be in Dallas in 15 minutes. period.

You can live in Richardson, Grand Prairie, Farmers Branch, Garland. Parts of East Dallas are liveable. Some people like Oak Cliff, but it's close the action.

If you are a millionaire, University Park and Highland Park are for you.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:56 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,654,710 times
Are you a professional wakeboarder by chance? I have a professional wakeboarder leasing my house out in Florida. When we leased the home to him and his wife, I started watching the sport. Very neat with Dallas Friday being the best imo. As far as if a lake is good for wakeboarding, are you looking for a smaller lake or larger one? What makes a lake better for wakeboarding? Just to know to understand to help you out. DFW has several lakes here.

Old 12-31-2006, 07:45 AM

Thanks for the info ...Not pro... my husband and I and the kids just love wakebaording.. I have to say a bigger lake appeals to me...We have a river by us now we are always on,its great but the climate here sucks and we are so ready for a little better climate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas