Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 03:54 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
Reading this (and similar comments scattered about the intermawebz)...well, I've already lost most of my hair and drive an old boring car, and my wife is showing no signs of leaving yet.

Oh come on, how would you know? Sounds like your vision is probably going too.

Just teasing you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 09:48 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Oh come on, how would you know? Sounds like your vision is probably going too.

Just teasing you.
And my memor....what were we talking about again?

Old 02-14-2016, 10:42 AM

311 posts, read 450,647 times
"Estately notes local web surfers also search “low testosterone” on Google more than any other metro area."

That explains everything. Way too many gray hairs in Dallas driving cars meant for a 25 year old!

Old 02-14-2016, 06:52 PM

769 posts, read 782,104 times
I think that it's silly to say someone has a midlife crisis if they buy a convertible or motorcycle when they are middle aged.

That's the time when people actually have disposable money to splurge on those items.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:54 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
How so?

Yes, I am not surprised by this result. Was also not surprised to see Phoenix and Miami at 3 and 4 on the lists. This is a very competitive city. Men would worry about hair loss because their girlfriends and wives could leave them very easily for another man and the man would have a harder time replacing them. What is in between a woman's legs is in more demand than what's between a man's legs. What is between a woman's legs stimulates the economy. The purchase of luxury cars are often done to impress women, particularly to attract new ones.

Really?

1.) Walking around corners in the office to come face to face with a pissed-off middle aged man hissing down the phone "NO, SHE CAN'T HAVE THE HOUSE!" or "$2000 a month child support, is she out of her mind?"

2.) Seeing men trade in older sedans/minivans for motorcycles or sports cars.

3.) Seeing a man transition from a normal, doughy-around-the-middle 40-something to an earringed, tattooed, strutting 50-something.

Etc.

I mean, really. It writes itself. I can't believe you even asked.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:32 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
3.) Seeing a man transition from a normal, doughy-around-the-middle 40-something ...
Well, true, I *AM* trying to become less doughy...

Old 02-15-2016, 06:39 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Really?

1.) Walking around corners in the office to come face to face with a pissed-off middle aged man hissing down the phone "NO, SHE CAN'T HAVE THE HOUSE!" or "$2000 a month child support, is she out of her mind?"

2.) Seeing men trade in older sedans/minivans for motorcycles or sports cars.

3.) Seeing a man transition from a normal, doughy-around-the-middle 40-something to an earringed, tattooed, strutting 50-something.

Etc.

I mean, really. It writes itself. I can't believe you even asked.
I only asked because I thought you'd share some good details, which you have. Regarding Item #1, I'm impressed that people actually use phones for the original purpose of voice communication. I prefer phone calls to texts myself, but I find myself texting more because so many other people are text preferrers.

Doughy around the middle is not good at any age.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:51 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
Well, true, I *AM* trying to become less doughy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I only asked because I thought you'd share some good details, which you have. Regarding Item #1, I'm impressed that people actually use phones for the original purpose of voice communication. I prefer phone calls to texts myself, but I find myself texting more because so many other people are text preferrers.

Doughy around the middle is not good at any age.
Hehe, I don't mean to be insulting; we all get more doughy the older we get. Some men (and ladies) stay doughy no matter what they do. I'm looking at YOU, genetics!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas