U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 01:38 PM
teb teb started this thread

70 posts, read 74,472 times

Advertisements

Name the restaurant, type of food and location of your favorite place to eat.

ESTILO GAŚCHO
Brazillian Steak
Frisco

Hutchin's BBQ
BBQ
Frisco TX

Babe's Chicken
Southern style food
Garland, TX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 02:58 PM

1,595 posts, read 1,710,019 times
Cunetto's
Italian
St. Louis, MO

Columbia
Cuban
Tampa, FL

Meshacks
BBQ
Garland, TX

Incas Kitchen
Peruvian
Naples, FL

Good to Go/Velvet taco
Tacos
Dallas, TX

Abacus
Steak
Dallas, TX

Can't say I've had much in Dallas that's been very memorable. Admittedly, I should get out more.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:13 PM

139 posts, read 162,377 times
Pecan Lodge
Dallas, TX
BBQ

Texas de Brazil
Addison, TX
Brazilian Steakhouse

Japan House
Plano, TX
Sushi Buffet

Our Place
Irving, TX
Indian

Babe's Chicken
Garland, TX
Fried chicken/comfort food

Old 02-16-2016, 05:49 PM

1,622 posts, read 3,988,080 times
Second Pecan Lodge, Meshack's, and Babe's.

One90
Lake Highlands, Dallas, TX
Barbecue/meat market

Casa Navarro
Dallas, TX
Tex-Mex and Mexican

Fast and Furious
Multiple Locations (Including Addison, Las Colinas, and Greenville Ave)
Japanese

Old 02-18-2016, 09:49 AM
teb teb started this thread

70 posts, read 74,472 times
I too like Pecan Lodge and Meshacks.

I will have to visit some of the others.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:13 AM

6,268 posts, read 12,900,605 times
The best Brazilian steakhouse in the area was Braza Dancante, by far. Sadly, they closed awhile back, so now either Estilo Gaucho or Texas de Brazil, both are very similar.

Can't believe no one has mentioned III Forks yet. I also like Rick's Chophouse in McKinney for steaks, they've also got a cool little lounge area tucked away in back, makes for a nice place to drink.

I'm a seafood fan, so unfortunately my choices are somewhat limited around here, but I've always liked Pappadeaux's and in Plano, there is Sea Breeze Fish Market and Grill, always good.

For BBQ, there's a lot of choices, Hutchin's is always good, right now I'm a fan of 3 Stacks in Frisco. I still like Clark's after all these years, up in Tioga, but unfortunately it looks like it may be gone for good.

Fire destroys Clark

Admittedly, the food wasn't as good as it used to be in the 80's and early 90's with the original owner, but still very good BBQ. I hope they rebuild.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:38 PM

1,049 posts, read 698,844 times
Bob's Steak & Chop on Lemmon Ave. Case closed!

Old 02-19-2016, 11:20 PM

241 posts, read 253,360 times
I can't really name one of any genre I like "the best". I like all kinds of food and love to experiment. You guys are naming a lot of the places I like.

I thought Braza Dancante was ok, but nothing great. My favorites for rodizio/churrascarias are still Fogo and Rafain. I still have yet to try Estilo Gaucho even though I live in the dang city. I have to admit the meal I had recently at Texas de Brazil in Uptown was pretty awesome. This was after swearing off the chain after having a blech meal at their Addison location a few years ago. Those places can be hit-or-miss like BBQ joints.

For BBQ, I was disappointed in my first and only visit to Pecan Lodge. The meat was good, but lacked any kind of flavor. It had been hyped up so much and I had been wanting to try it for a couple of years and it disappointed. I'll have to try it again. For brisket in this area, some of the best I've had was at Hutchins in McKinney. I've had the brisket at both Lockhart Smokehouse locations that were among the best I've had but on subsequent visits they were "meh". I loved Meshack's, but again, it was inconsistent. I loved 3 Stacks and thought their brisket and beef ribs was among the best in the DFW area but haven't been in a while, but heard from others that it's gone down in quality? I need to investigate soon. If you just want to die at the table, go to N. Main BBQ in Euless and try the "all you can eat bbq". You may have a smiling heart attack. The best BBQ I've ever had, though, is still in the Austin area... the brisket at Snow's BBQ in Lexington and Franklin BBQ were gifts from Heaven. It helps one appreciate how bbq should be done.

I hadn't heard that Clark's had burned down. Wow! I've been there a couple of times, but haven't been in several years.

The one time I tried III Forks, I loved it. But then, the company paid for it and I had the wagyu steak, so ... yeah. lol. I also love Babe's. They pretty much do everything they make well.

Crawfish is calling me... maybe this weekend I'll head over to Tasty Tails or Boiling Crab.

Wow, I'm rambling... so I'll end it with this ... anybody know a good place for fried catfish? I'm sick of going to Oklahoma for it. Babe's has good fried catfish, but I need options!

Old 02-20-2016, 08:02 AM

2,266 posts, read 4,523,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
The best Brazilian steakhouse in the area was Braza Dancante, by far. Sadly, they closed awhile back, so now either Estilo Gaucho or Texas de Brazil, both are very similar.

Can't believe no one has mentioned III Forks yet. I also like Rick's Chophouse in McKinney for steaks, they've also got a cool little lounge area tucked away in back, makes for a nice place to drink.

I'm a seafood fan, so unfortunately my choices are somewhat limited around here, but I've always liked Pappadeaux's and in Plano, there is Sea Breeze Fish Market and Grill, always good.

For BBQ, there's a lot of choices, Hutchin's is always good, right now I'm a fan of 3 Stacks in Frisco. I still like Clark's after all these years, up in Tioga, but unfortunately it looks like it may be gone for good.

Fire destroys Clark

Admittedly, the food wasn't as good as it used to be in the 80's and early 90's with the original owner, but still very good BBQ. I hope they rebuild.
Pappas Bros steakhouse in my opinion was way better than III Forks, not that III Forks was bad.

I like any of the Pappas restaurants though, especially Pappasitos for Tex-mex. Pappadeux like you mentioned is great also.

Kenny's woodfire grill is great, north Main BBQ in Euless (Hutchins was good except for the sides which were average), and Chik-Fila.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:05 AM

900 posts, read 2,546,498 times
Kenny's Italian Kitchen in Addison is one of my favs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or