U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 07:53 AM

3,029 posts, read 10,665,252 times

Advertisements

I think frisco is lower at around 2.3 and McKinney is around 2.9 but not sure.
so taxes would run about 4500 -5500 per year.
But Texas has no state income tax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 09:11 AM

1,067 posts, read 5,131,883 times
Mckinney taxes are much higher. I do believe it is 2.9 as well.

We live in Mckinney and I do like the community. I though was not happy with the elementary experience for my oldest. I though do like the middle school where she is at.

My youngest stutters and they do not have a stutter expert with the speech department but Plano and Frisco do. I am not sure about the overall special needs programs that Mckinney has but from what I understand they are lacking in some areas. My oldest, her music teacher told me she teaches a child some subjects because MISD said they could not educate him. So they pay them to get the child help elsewhere. For us, when we moved to the district, my son wasn't stuttering, he was a tot and did not say much.... just be aware of those things, if you have a special needs child, to ask school districts about their special needs programs. My husband and I should have been more thorough in our choice of where to live but at the time when moving here, just didn't think that any of our children would have issues.. I should have thought of it due to the genetic history. My husband stuttered and was cured at 18.

There is a charter school coming to town soon called The International Imagine School I believe. There are also some nice private christian schools in town.

As far as home choices, there are some beautiful homes here and a high inventory of them. What attracted us to the area was the trees, the small rolling hills here, the nice shops, cafes and business's here. If you are driving to Plano, that wouldn' t be too bad of a drive. Where exactly in Plano would you be working?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or