Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 03:22 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times

Advertisements

Didn't want to hijack the Fair Park thread, but Midtown (Central and Meadow) was mentioned there. Wondering what Turtle Creek and others think about the area. I'm baffled, myself. All of those apartments were razed, but all I'm seeing developed are small hospitals. And now on the northwest side of Meadow and Central is a new huge ugly storage place! What the heck? Is the area east of Central going to be all medical/rehab? Thanks for any responses. I live nearby and I'm very interested in the development of that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 12:39 AM

Merion is what I'm interested in. I drive by all the time and see the sign about it being a new development, but when you go to their site it looks like town homes, but with different builders...and the sign on Meadow makes it look like it's going to be single family homes. Only recently has the Merion site even been active. For months I'd try to search the website they were promoting on their sign and nothing would come up. Things like that always make me suspicious.

Adding, per the third article. Kroenke Group are Walmart people. Don't trust them as far as I can throw them.

Last edited by TXNGL; 04-13-2016 at 12:51 AM..

Old 04-13-2016, 02:07 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Merion is what I'm interested in. I drive by all the time and see the sign about it being a new development, but when you go to their site it looks like town homes, but with different builders...and the sign on Meadow makes it look like it's going to be single family homes. Only recently has the Merion site even been active. For months I'd try to search the website they were promoting on their sign and nothing would come up. Things like that always make me suspicious.

Adding, per the third article. Kroenke Group are Walmart people. Don't trust them as far as I can throw them.
The Merion is going to be patio homes. Presale is supposed to start in late summer. They're still working on the plans and pricing.

Naima

Old 04-13-2016, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
The Merion is going to be patio homes. Presale is supposed to start in late summer. They're still working on the plans and pricing.

Naima
Thank you, nsumner. We live nearby and, being near retirement, the development was appealing to my husband and I. From their website it looks like they will be multi-level, which is less appealing. We're not wanting a 2 or 3 story home. It looks nice from what I can see on their website.

Old 04-13-2016, 02:28 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Thank you, nsumner. We live nearby and, being near retirement, the development was appealing to my husband and I. From their website it looks like they will be multi-level, which is less appealing. We're not wanting a 2 or 3 story home. It looks nice from what I can see on their website.
Because of the lot size, they'll be 2 story mostly. I'm going to assume that they may include 1.5 story homes. What I mean is the bedrooms on the first floor and just a gameroom and may be media on the 2nd floor. Lots of people will be in the same situation as you, looking to downsize and stay local. Well, I'll be speaking to 2 of the builders and will make sure to put in my 2¢.

Naima

Old 04-13-2016, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
Because of the lot size, they'll be 2 story mostly. I'm going to assume that they may include 1.5 story homes. What I mean is the bedrooms on the first floor and just a gameroom and may be media on the 2nd floor. Lots of people will be in the same situation as you, looking to downsize and stay local. Well, I'll be speaking to 2 of the builders and will make sure to put in my 2¢.

Naima
That is awesome. So many in the area wanting to downsize in the next several years and it's difficult. Newer builds, even on zero lots, are so large around here! There is a huge market for a smaller patio home in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: