Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 06:27 PM

134 posts, read 342,949 times

Advertisements

I seem to go in circles with NTTA. Either they do not comprehend what I'm saying or they do not care. Here is the short version.
I was unaware that my card was not able to be charged when my bank changed it to a new card with a chip. At the same time, NTTA changed my mailing address without my consent so it went to an unfamiliar address. In fact, someone did a change of address at the post office and because I have a common last name, my name was included in this 'family' change. That was a nightmare because this changed my address on bank accounts, utilities, doctors offices, credit cards etc.... and it was not my doing. All my bills went somewhere else.
Every account that had a bogus address took off any late charges and fees as I told them to never change my address without written permission, except NTTA. They pulled on more charges and fees and told me it was the DMV s error. The DMV changed it back to my address but won't pay the ntta late charges and fees.
I normally pay 70/month in tolls but now it is ridiculously over $1k
What would you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 07:08 PM

19,782 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTess View Post
I seem to go in circles with NTTA. Either they do not comprehend what I'm saying or they do not care. Here is the short version.
I was unaware that my card was not able to be charged when my bank changed it to a new card with a chip. At the same time, NTTA changed my mailing address without my consent so it went to an unfamiliar address. In fact, someone did a change of address at the post office and because I have a common last name, my name was included in this 'family' change. That was a nightmare because this changed my address on bank accounts, utilities, doctors offices, credit cards etc.... and it was not my doing. All my bills went somewhere else.
Every account that had a bogus address took off any late charges and fees as I told them to never change my address without written permission, except NTTA. They pulled on more charges and fees and told me it was the DMV s error. The DMV changed it back to my address but won't pay the ntta late charges and fees.
What would you do?
Gather all your supporting documents. Go to the NTTA office. Sit down with an agent and solve this. I've dealt with NTTA for couple of decades with no issues at all.

Old 04-28-2016, 07:39 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,097,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTess View Post
What would you do?
Sorry, but you are wrong. They can charge chip cards just fine. If the charges didn't go through, it would be because the address with NTTA no longer matched the address with the card... but you also just said that the address got changed on your credit cards too.

So there's already two inconsistencies with your story.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:07 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,572,055 times
I had a lot of problems when I moved from out of state. It was a beating and took forever, but I did get a resolution.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Sorry, but you are wrong. They can charge chip cards just fine. If the charges didn't go through, it would be because the address with NTTA no longer matched the address with the card... but you also just said that the address got changed on your credit cards too.

So there's already two inconsistencies with your story.
That is not what I said. The chip card's # was changed so it was not the same # that NTTA had. Also, In the process of finding out my accounts were changed took place over a whole month and then automatically changed back to the bogus address (postal address change system) again... It took me a whole summer to to change my address back to the original one I live at for over 5 years. It was a real PITA explaining to people I had not moved, I had never moved, and I had never lived at the other address that was changed by the post office address change form that was filed out by someone the PO cannot tell me because it is private information. The Post Office has no record that I had even signed an address change form for myself but I was included in someone else's form as a family member. Really strange because I don't know anyone at the address it was going to.

I never got the zip cash bill. My card was never charged. I was only aware of the bill when collections called for past due zip cash amount when I have a tolltag.

This led to me flagging every one of my accounts and requesting no address change w/o direct contact from me. The whole ordeal is more than annoying because the person at the other address has all my account information.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:23 PM

I tried that today and even got to a supervisor who told me they can't do anything. They go by the DMV's information and according to them... I moved to the bogus address (3 miles away from me) and I moved back to my original address (A house I own)

Old 04-28-2016, 08:45 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,446,754 times
We just obtained a Toll Tag account on a chip card with no problem. Those zip cash bills were a pain.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:38 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,408,419 times
Listen to EDS - if you drive down to their office with all of your documentation, you have a greater chance of sorting it out. phone calls/chats/email won't get you anywhere. I had a friend who ran into a similar circumstance and they wiped it away after he went to their office.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:25 AM

177 posts, read 311,844 times
So you knowingly drove on toll roads for months, and it didn't occur to you at any point in that time that you may need to pay for those tolls or check your own bank charges to see if they were hitting your account?

It sucks that the address change caused a problem in charging your account, but this could have been resolved on your part much sooner and all the late fees wouldn't be tacked on. You drive toll roads, you know they aren't free - so you can't go 6 months without noticing they haven't charged you. You have ample opportunity to see red flags on this, why did you not call them to ask why you weren't seeing the charges?

Old 04-29-2016, 09:30 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,572,055 times
We use them so much I certainly don't track the auto debits from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: