U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2008, 04:18 PM

2,259 posts, read 8,806,255 times

Advertisements

Just curious, should there be a suburb sub-forum for Dallas? There are many that really know the Dallas county area inside and out and those that want to know about relocation to the suburbs - more so than the Dallas area. I think there's room for both. What do you think, or has this been tried before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 05:51 PM

46,847 posts, read 37,004,105 times
Lightbulb I Would

Maybe you can convince da jammer to propose a sticky for this. That'd probably be the way to go. It's not a bad idea; in fact, it's great for those who are new to the area and want some 'pointers'. We can certainly give people great ideas.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:23 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,124,914 times
Would we allow Lakewooder to post there? <evil grin>

Old 02-14-2008, 07:49 PM

294 posts, read 891,105 times
Great idea. People talk about moving to Dallas and then mention the suburbs. That really makes some people go crazy! No names, I'll be nice.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:54 PM

2,703 posts, read 2,604,818 times
No. Why does that need to happen? Los Angeles County has only one subforum and has more cities in it than in Dallas County, yet it only has one subforum.

It isn't needed.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:04 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,025,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
Just curious, should there be a suburb sub-forum for Dallas? There are many that really know the Dallas county area inside and out and those that want to know about relocation to the suburbs - more so than the Dallas area. I think there's room for both. What do you think, or has this been tried before?
I will say that the admin is VERY receptive to the wishes of the members and truly bends over backwards to accommodate whatever great ideas you folks come up with. I think the best way to go about this would be to start a poll in the Dallas forum to see what kind of feedback is generated. Keep in mind that sub forums are not created without a great deal of thought and a certain percentage of traffic, activity and interest must exist before consideration is given. The goal is to keep the forums as easy to navigate as possible while providing ideally targeted information for those seeking it. BTW, I will say that I applaud the folks that continue to hand out excellent thoughts and advice...over and over again...to the same queries that are posted here in this forum. I know that it can be somewhat exasperating on occasion but y'all come through every time and I know the peeps appreciate it

Old 02-14-2008, 10:27 PM

6,848 posts, read 10,138,662 times
We've thought about doing this before... have a sticky with thread writeups for each community... but, the list is soo long for just the Dallas metroplex (30+)... and all the OP's seem to want to compare one area to the other... or recommendations for three or four... so I can see where this could get out of hand and cumbersome very quickly!

In addition, you KNOW if we had one, then Ft. Worth would want the same... then Austin, Houston and San Antonio... and then... and then... whew, there'd quickly be a multitude of lists across the states!

In the end, I'd be willing to bet that all the newbies would STILL ask the very same questions... all over again... because, as they've stated before... "it's just so much easier than having to search". Really, 'though, I think it's just that each one of the newbies honestly just like the personal answers to their very own question (thread)... and, no matter how many different ways it's been said or answered before... THEIR question hasn't been answered directly TO THEM before and nothing else will do.

So, I've resolved to just keep coming up with creative ways to describe the color green!

Old 02-15-2008, 08:04 AM

583 posts, read 2,404,028 times
Personally, I would miss my Lakewooder to much.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:20 AM

2,395 posts, read 7,754,692 times
I suspect Lakewooder would just visit the suburb subforum and promote Lakewood. My 2 cents... I'd rather keep Dallas as a metro and not see it fragment. It ensures that posters get diversified input and not just from people that drink their local kool-aid. After all, people have a vested interest in saying their neighborhood is the best.

Brian

Old 02-15-2008, 09:43 AM

2,935 posts, read 6,124,914 times
I'm probably a minority in this one, but I'd rather see Dallas and Fort Worth merged. Some people come here asking about Keller, and some people go to the Fort Worth one to ask about Plano.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or