Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 04:43 PM

241 posts, read 380,028 times

Advertisements

I know someone where I work recently bought a 5 acre property with multiple buildings (including house built in the 1980's, I think) for somewhere in the $300's. This was around the Midlothian area. It's a bit out there, I guess in terms of "it ain't city livin'". Not much in the way of a ton of restaurants or anything I know of down there, but apparently Downtown Dallas is 30-40 minutes away. Land/homes seem to be pretty cheap out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 05:04 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,632,217 times
My choice would probably be somewhere like Paihia, New Zealand. :-)

As for you - Within the general range of DFW, I'd follow the recommendations of others along the lines of Rockwall or somewhere further east (you wouldn't be too far from "city" amenities but could get house and land at a reasonable cost), perhaps Argyle or the like to the NW. I'd think Aledo and such to the west are already becoming more expensive (defer to those posters here who have lived there) and it's a hike just to Ft. Worth, much less closer to Dallas.

Good luck to you.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:53 AM

17 posts, read 21,157 times
Venus. Mansfield and it's good eats and shopping would be in your backyard but it's very spacious out there!

Old 05-31-2016, 09:56 AM

500 posts, read 580,115 times
You can find 2 acres in Parker, Fairview or Lucas. BUT, it is going to be an older ranch style home with no updates. Anything that is updated is going to be well over your budget. Everything newer will most likely be in an HOA and way over your budget.

Forney might be a possibility. Heath is lower priced than Lucas, Parker, Fairview. Anna could also be a possibility and Blue Ridge.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:05 AM

712 posts, read 835,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcrazyfam View Post
Our family of 7 is considering a move to the greater Dallas area. We are originally from So. Cal and spent the last 7 years in Denver. Husband and I both work from home and we homeschool the kids, so commute and school districts aren't really a consideration.

We need a large house (4 or 5 bedrooms), hate HOAs, would love to have an acre or 2 and would love to find it all for under 400k, but we could go higher if we had to.

Because we are all home based, it's also important to us to have things to do. We are all avid golfers and swimmers, we love trying new restaurants and looking at museums, zoos, etc.

We are planning a trip in July, what are some communities we should check out?

Thanks!

Here ya go:
165 Chaparral Est, Denton, TX 76208 | MLS #13283837 | Zillow

... and Denton county has a LOT of enrichment activities for homeschoolers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas