Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 08:48 AM

2 posts, read 2,823 times

Advertisements

Hi folks! My wife and I are looking to relocate to the West Plano area and I was hoping to get some answers to a few questions (I've already searched through old threads and found tons of useful info!)

The two lingering questions I had were:

- Does anyone know how many (or what %) of Toyota employees have relocated? We are targeting the West Plano area, and assume these homes will remain in elevated demand (aka even higher than normal) until the relocation(s) settle. Would buying in 6-12 months put us square in the middle of thousands of incoming Toyota buyers? Is buying *now* more beneficial?

- We were looking for homes, preferably built in the last 10-15 years (is that only Avignon and Preston Lakes?) or ones that have been reasonably well maintained/updated. Budget is probably $700-1m area. On a related note, has anyone heard of any potential new developments in West Plano? Other than the Central Park townhomes or ones at Custer/Park?

Thanks for all the great info so far!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 09:12 AM

5,264 posts, read 6,404,424 times
There are new home developments at Custer/15th (east central Plano) and Independence/Plano Parkway (attached homes)(east Central Plano), Preston & Park (west Plano), and PlanoParkway/Alma (east central Plano). I'm not sure the price points of any of them. They are also building some type of homes (not sure if attached) right in the Legacy area where Toyota is going to be headquartered.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:42 AM

75 posts, read 91,654 times
I would buy before Toyota employees hit market. There are multiple communities under 15 and most are under 25 years. For your price point, you should be able to find some luxuriously updated choices.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:48 AM

Here is a good example.

6805 Columbine Way, Plano, TX 75093

Old 06-10-2016, 09:56 AM

2 posts, read 2,823 times
Thanks Cookieboss - that is a great home. Which other communities were you referring to? Any East of Midway (for PISD zoning)?

Old 06-10-2016, 10:31 AM

I'm not sure about which ones feed to PISD but most does and you can look at PISD map or use school find option on PISD's website to confirm before visiting a house that address indeed feeds to Plano West feeder. Ebby Halliday's website has advance search option to limit your search to schools of your choice. I heard realtor.com was adding it as well.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:45 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,239,359 times
Toyota employees aren't just buying in Plano. During our search, we came across several groups of Toyota people at open houses in Frisco and McKinney as well. For what it's worth, it seems a lot of people from Toyota were looking for homes in the $450-600k range, we didn't run into any at open houses over that amount, though that could obviously just be a matter of timing. But we ran into Toyota people at 4 different homes during a two day period.

My guess is that the Toyota buyers in your budget range will be just a small percentage of any competition you will find at that price point, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Old 06-10-2016, 01:26 PM

5,264 posts, read 6,404,424 times
I'd also encourage you not just to look in Plano. Legacy is in the far north west corner, and has pretty bad access to most of the rest of the city. There are better and more convenient choices in other cities if nothing actually in the north west area of Plano suits your needs.

Old 06-10-2016, 02:07 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,295,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
I'd also encourage you not just to look in Plano. Legacy is in the far north west corner, and has pretty bad access to most of the rest of the city. There are better and more convenient choices in other cities if nothing actually in the north west area of Plano suits your needs.
Agree. Since OP wants newer homes, I would recommend looking in the Hebron HS zone of Lewisville ISD. The Castle Hills master planned developments are just a few exits from Toyota on 121, and Hebron is equal to Frisco HS and Frisco Centennial HS's academically. Hebron is on a major upward trajectory over the last few years as Castle Hills was built out.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:56 PM

36 posts, read 69,253 times
Do you have any school preferences - Plano ISD or Lewisville ISD? Megatel has new home construction on Preston Rd in Plano ISD and Normandy Estates is divided between these two ISDs.

I would recommend to check out Lakes on Preston in this price range as most of these homes are well maintained. Kings Ridge has homes built in last 15yrs and are priced in this range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas