Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 04:09 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,168,136 times

Advertisements

The DMN usually publishes a full list from Dallas, Tarrant, and Collin counties each June, but here is a list from the Preston Hollow People. Vals & Sals from North Dallas high schools - private and public- are headed off to the following colleges this fall:

DISD
Hillcrest HS: UT-Austin (V), UT-Austin (S)
TJ HS: Baylor (V), Air Force Academy (S)
WT White HS: UT-Austin (V), Lamar University (S). White's valedictorian is notable as she is the third sibling in her family to graduate as White's Valedictorian- two brothers ranked #1 in the classes of 2012 and 2014.

Private Schools
Cisterican: UT-Austin (V-tie), Notre Dame (V-tie)
ESD: Yale (V), Parsons School of Design (S)
Greenhill: Yale (V), Rice (S)
Hockaday: none listed
Jesuit: none listed
Lakehill: UT-Austin (V), UT-Austin (S-tie), Rice (S-tie)
Parish: Vanderbilt (V-tie), University of Virginia (V-tie)
Shelton: UT-Austin (V), UNT (S)
St Marks: University of Pennsylvania (V), Yale (S)
TCA: Texas A&M (V), Texas A&M (S-tie), Kings College of NYC (S-tie)
Ursuline: University of Virginia (V), Notre Dame (S)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 04:13 PM

1,783 posts, read 2,559,868 times
As we've witnessed in another thread good luck and don't pick a major your skills don't match.

Old 06-19-2016, 05:31 AM

5,428 posts, read 4,422,005 times
Free life advice coming....

For all soon to be high school grads: Pick a STEM major (preferably STE, but one definitely needs to be solid in M to do STE).

Non-valedictorians are often better off going to trade school than racking up debt for a piece of paper that may or may not enable them to land a decent office job. Becoming an electrician or an HVAC repair person is a better career path.

These valedictorian STEM majors should be more well rounded in life. In the sexual marketplace, few women are all that interested in the average Engineering major except when they want help with their 100 level College Algebra course or their computer fixed. Image is everything, so the traditional dorky male Engineering major should start lifting weights and playing a sport so that they can attract women.

Old 06-19-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post

For all soon to be high school grads: Pick a STEM major (preferably STE, but one definitely needs to be solid in M to do STE).

Non-valedictorians are often better off going to trade school than racking up debt for a piece of paper that may or may not enable them to land a decent office job. Becoming an electrician or an HVAC repair person is a better career path.

These valedictorian STEM majors should be more well rounded in life. In the sexual marketplace, few women are all that interested in the average Engineering major except when they want help with their 100 level College Algebra course or their computer fixed. Image is everything, so the traditional dorky male Engineering major should start lifting weights and playing a sport so that they can attract women.
Is this advice or satire?

Old 06-19-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Is this advice or satire?
It is advice given in a humorous context. I bet you even laughed a little bit.

It is totally justifiable to suggest STEM occupations as a career path. Many STEM occupations are financially lucrative.

The recent economic downturn showed way too many college graduates having to take McJobs post-graduations because those were the only jobs that they could get. Every situation is different, but some of these college grads went to subpar schools and/or chose majors that were mismatched with the employment needs of the current economy. I ask this-Is working as a barista/bartender etc. really worth it post-college? Those jobs can be achieved without 4 years of college.

If one ends up with a not so great paying job post college, there are real consequences. Think about all of the college grad members of Generation Y (the lot of college grads since 2004 or 2005) who spent a lot of money on degrees and ended up living with a parent post-college. It is not good to live with a parent post-college, especially for males, who receive greater punishment in the sexual marketplace for living with a parent at home. Females can totally get away and not have their marketability to men impacted by that, but males really have to work to overcome that stigma.

The comments that I made about STEM majors being more well rounded in life were meant to be funny, but there really is underlying truth to what I said. When writing that, I had an image of socially inept, out-of-shape male Engineer in mind. Poor social skills and lack of physical fitness are not going to attract females, and those attributes are endemic among Science and Engineering majors both during and post college. Let's remember that the STEM majors and occupations are tilted towards males more than females, so that's why I took the position I did. Even post-graduation, with a solid Science or Engineering job, these men often times don't have what it takes to attract elite level women. And by elite level women, I'm picturing a woman who is physically fit, has long-ish feminine hair, and on a night out in Uptown has her makeup looking terrific, is wearing a form fitting dress that accentuates her fit yet feminine body and is wearing heels that make her calves look good. Both in college and post college, elite level women are going to be attracted to men who are physically fit and have solid social skills. That's why I encouraged weight lifting and playing sports. Weight lifting can produce very good physical fitness that can attract women. Playing sports helps with this too, and it also has social benefits. Playing on a baseball or basketball team encourages human interaction. Even playing a non-team sport like golf or tennis can help a social life. A person gets opportunities to make friends there. A physically fit male with social skill is going to be able to attract women, whereas someone without those attributes is not going to have as easy of a time with women.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
It is advice given in a humorous context. I bet you even laughed a little bit.

It is totally justifiable to suggest STEM occupations as a career path. Many STEM occupations are financially lucrative.

The recent economic downturn showed way too many college graduates having to take McJobs post-graduations because those were the only jobs that they could get. Every situation is different, but some of these college grads went to subpar schools and/or chose majors that were mismatched with the employment needs of the current economy. I ask this-Is working as a barista/bartender etc. really worth it post-college? Those jobs can be achieved without 4 years of college.

If one ends up with a not so great paying job post college, there are real consequences. Think about all of the college grad members of Generation Y (the lot of college grads since 2004 or 2005) who spent a lot of money on degrees and ended up living with a parent post-college. It is not good to live with a parent post-college, especially for males, who receive greater punishment in the sexual marketplace for living with a parent at home. Females can totally get away and not have their marketability to men impacted by that, but males really have to work to overcome that stigma.

The comments that I made about STEM majors being more well rounded in life were meant to be funny, but there really is underlying truth to what I said. When writing that, I had an image of socially inept, out-of-shape male Engineer in mind. Poor social skills and lack of physical fitness are not going to attract females, and those attributes are endemic among Science and Engineering majors both during and post college. Let's remember that the STEM majors and occupations are tilted towards males more than females, so that's why I took the position I did. Even post-graduation, with a solid Science or Engineering job, these men often times don't have what it takes to attract elite level women. And by elite level women, I'm picturing a woman who is physically fit, has long-ish feminine hair, and on a night out in Uptown has her makeup looking terrific, is wearing a form fitting dress that accentuates her fit yet feminine body and is wearing heels that make her calves look good. Both in college and post college, elite level women are going to be attracted to men who are physically fit and have solid social skills. That's why I encouraged weight lifting and playing sports. Weight lifting can produce very good physical fitness that can attract women. Playing sports helps with this too, and it also has social benefits. Playing on a baseball or basketball team encourages human interaction. Even playing a non-team sport like golf or tennis can help a social life. A person gets opportunities to make friends there. A physically fit male with social skill is going to be able to attract women, whereas someone without those attributes is not going to have as easy of a time with women.
Ah, more satire. And definitely NOT laughing. Must be satire since your perverted definition of "elite women" is purely physical. Who cares if she's kind or intelligent or funny or a raging *****, as long as she has a tight ass and the ability to apply makeup. If this is not satire, you have some misogynist issues that probably need working through with a psychologist.

On this Father's Day, truly hoping you aren't one. The world doesn't need one more father like Donald Trump or the Stanford rapist's father, and your description of what a desirable woman is cut from the same vile cloth as those two.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:46 AM

631 posts, read 877,376 times
Quote:
Ah, more satire. And definitely NOT laughing. Must be satire since your perverted definition of "elite women" is purely physical. Who cares if she's kind or intelligent or funny or a raging *****, as long as she has a tight ass and the ability to apply makeup. If this is not satire, you have some misogynist issues that probably need working through with a psychologist.

On this Father's Day, truly hoping you aren't one. The world doesn't need one more father like Donald Trump or the Stanford rapist's father, and your description of what a desirable woman is cut from the same vile cloth as those two.
It's always the most autistic sounding guys who are the most eager to provide advice online about how to get the girls. I deleted my first response to his post, but on second thought, I think it needs to be said.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie972 View Post
It's always the most autistic sounding guys who are the most eager to provide advice online about how to get the girls. I deleted my first response to his post, but on second thought, I think it needs to be said.
You haven't disputed a single one of my logical points. This comment that you felt needed to be said was nothing but unsubstantiated drivel that was just a personal insult.

There was a lot more to the post than getting women.

How odd is it that encouraging people to be well rounded individuals makes me look like the bad guy? The United States, and Texas in particular, has a major obesity problem and I'm insulting for encouraging people to work on their physical fitness. There's more to life than being academically and intellectually gifted, and I think that's a good life lesson.

Quote:

I'm amazed that you didn't laugh at the "In the sexual marketplace, few women are all that interested in the average Engineering major except when they want help with their 100 level College Algebra course or their computer fixed." comment. I think that line would get some laughs.

We make decisions based upon people's appearances. If there are 2 women in a park on an afternoon day, and one is wearing a sports bra and tight shorts that show off her flat and toned stomach and defined legs and another woman is 15 pounds overweight and wearing dowdy clothing, which woman is a single male going to approach? I think the answer is obvious. If the second woman was the valedictorian of both her high school and Ivy League college classes and the first woman either didn't finish college or had a 2.5 GPA in a liberal arts major at a mediocre or subpar public university, that's probably not going to make much of a difference to a guy interested in meeting women.

Last edited by RJ312; 06-19-2016 at 12:21 PM..

Old 06-19-2016, 03:09 PM

And.....back on topic. The DMN list was published today. Here are the college choices for the top grads from our area high schools, listed alphabetically by county/ISD. Private schools at the bottom.

DALLAS COUNTY
CARROLLTON-FARMERS BRANCH ISD
Creekview HS: UT-Austin (V), Rice (S)
Newman Smith HS: no info
RL Turner HS: A&M (V), Stephen F Austin (S)
Ranchview HS: Austin College (V), UT-Austin (S)

CEDAR HILL ISD
Cedar Hill HS: UT-Austin (V), Baylor (S)
Cedar Hill Collegiate HS: UT-Austin (V), UT-Austin (S)

COPPELL ISD:
Coppell HS: UT-Dallas (V), OU-Tulsa (S)

DALLS ISD:
DISD Magnet HS's
Lincoln Humanities/Communications Magnet: Texas Tech (V), UT-Austin (S)
Obama Male Leadership HS: Pomona College, California (V), Hampton University, Virginia (S)
Rangel Women's Leadership HS: Notre Dame (V), Dartmouth (S)
Sanders Magnet for Law/Government/Law Enforcement: Georgetown (V), Columbia (S)
Townview Business Magnet: SMU (V), A&M (S)
Townview Health Professionals Magnet: TWU (V), Pitzer College, California (S)
Townview Science & Engineering Magnet: Stanford (V), Harvard (S)
Townview Gifted Magnet: Princeton (V), Baylor (S)
Townview School of Education/Social Services: TWU (V), UT-Austin (S)
Booker T Washington Arts Magnet: Stanford (V), Harvard (S)

DISD Neighborhood HS's
Bryan Adams HS: UT-Austin (V), joining the Marines (S)
Adamson HS: Rochester College, Michigan (V), Seton Hall, New Jersey (S)
Carter HS: TCU (V), TCU (S)
Conrad HS: SMU (V), UT-Austin (S)
Hillcrest HS: UNT-Dallas (V), UT-Austin (S)
TJ HS: Baylor (V), Air Force Academy (S)
Kimball HS: joining the Marines (V), UT-Arlington (S)
Madison HS: Arkansas-Pine Bluff (V), Arkansas-Pine Bluff (S)
Molina HS: UT-Austin (V), UT-Austin (S)
North Dallas HS: SMU (V), A&M (S)
Pinkston HS: UT-San Antonio (V), UT-Arlington (S)
Roosevelt HS: UT-Austin (V), UT-Dallas (S)
Samuel HS: UT-Austin (V), A&M (S)
Seagoville HS: UT-Austin (V), UT-Dallas (S)
Skyline HS: UT-Austin (V), U Chicago (S)
A Maceo Smith HS: UCLA (V), A&M (S)
South Oak Cliff HS: UT-Austin (V), Arkansas-Pine Bluff (S)
H Grady Spruce HS: UNT-Dallas (V), SFA (S)
Sunset HS: Emory (V), UT-Austin (S),
Wilmer-Hutchins HS: UT-Austin (V), TWU (S)
WT White HS: UT-Austin (V), Lamar, Beaumont (S)
Woodrow Wilson HS: Davidson (V), Spring Hill College, Alabama (S)

DESOTO ISD
DeSoto HS: Stanford (V), Stanford (S)

DUNCANVILE ISD
Duncanville HS: UT-Austin (V), Stanford (S)

GARLAND ISD
Garland HS: UT-Dallas (V), A&M (S)
Lakeview Centennial HS: SMU (V), American Musical & Dramatic Academy, NYC (S)
Naaman Forest HS: A&M (V), UT-Austin (S)
North Garland HS: A&M (V), UT-Dallas (S)
Rowlett HS: Duke (V), TCU (S)
Sasche HS: SMU (V), UT-Austin (S)
South Garland HS: Collin County Community College (V), Sam Houston State (S)

GRAND PRAIRIE ISD
Grand Prairie HS: not decided (V), Texas Lutheran University (S)
South Grand Prairie HS: UT-Dallas (V), University of Missouri- Kansas City (S)

HIGHLAND PARK ISD
HPHS: Harvard (V), UT-Austin (S)

IRVING ISD
Irving HS: Stanford (V), UT-Dallas (S)
McArthur HS: Duke (V), TCU (S)
Nimitz HS: University of Houston (V), UT-Austin (S)

LANCASTER ISD
Lancaster HS: UT-Dallas (V),SMU (S)

MESQUITE ISD
John Horn HS: A&M (V), UT-Dallas (S)
Mesquite HS: UT-Rio Grande Valley (V), UT-Dallas (S)
North Mesquite HS: UT-Austin (V), A&M (S)
Poteet HS: Rice (V), TCU (S)
West Mesquite HS: UT_Dallas (V), Pace University, NY (S)

RICHARDSON ISD
Berkner HS: UT-Dallas (V), SFA (S)
Lake Highlands HS: A&M (V), Vanderbilt (S)
Pearce HS: Rice (V), Duke (S)
Richardson HS: UT_Austin (V), Rice (S)

SUNNYVALE ISD
Sunnyvale HS: UT-Austin (V), UT-Rio Grande Valley (S)

COLLIN COUNTY
ALLEN ISD
Allen HS: Brown (V), Rice (S)

ANNA ISD
Anna HS: Ouachita Baptist, Oklahoma (V), Collin County Community College (S)

CELINA ISD
Celina HS: Montana State (V), Bringham Young (S)

FARMERSVILLE ISD:
Farmersville HS: Baylor (V), Air Force Academy (S)

FRISCO ISD:
Centennial HS: UT-Austin (V), LSU-Baton Rouge (S)
Frisco HS: Washington University, St Louis (V), Illinois, Urbana-Champagne (S)
Heritage HS: UT-Austin (V), George Washington U (S)
Liberty HS: SMU (V), UT-Dallas (S)
Lone Star HS: A&M (V), Oral Roberts, Tulsa (S)
Wakeland HS: Stanford (V), Washington & Lee (S)

LOVEJOY ISD
Lovejoy HS: SMU (V), Brown (S)

MELISSA ISD
Melissa HS: UT-Austin (V), UNT (S)

MCKINNEY ISD
McKinney HS: Rice (V), UT-Austin (S)
Boyd HS: Yale (V), UT-Austin (S)
North McKinney HS: Rice (V), UT-Dallas (S)

PLANO ISD
Plano Senior: Duke (V), UT-Dallas (S)
Plano East: Rice (V), UT-Austin (S)
Plano West: Harvard (V), MIT (S)

PRINCETON ISD
Princeton HS: A&M (V), A&M (S)

WYLIE ISD
Wylie HS: A&M (V), Texas Tech (S)
Wylie East HS: University of Houston (V), Furman, South Carolina (S)

SELECT DENTON COUNTY
DENTON ISD
Denton HS: 10-way tie for Val (???) Harvard, Cal-Berkley, UT-Austin, UT-Austin, two year Latter Day Saints mission in Peru, Georgia Tech, OU, A&M, UNT, UT-Dallas

Denton Guyer HS: 11-way tie for Val (???) A&M, University of Utah, Wichita State-Kansas, UT-Austin, A&M, UT-Dallas, UT-Dallas, UT-Austin, University of Pennsylvania, UT-Austin

Denton Ryan HS: 4-way tie for Val (???) University of Tulsa, UNT, OU, Whitman College-Washington State

LEWISVILLE ISD
Flower Mounds HS: UT-Austin (V), Harvard (S)
Hebron HS: Duke (V), University of Houston (S)
Lewisville HS: A&M (V), UT-Austin (S)
FM Marcus HS: Duke (V), UT-Austin (S)
The Colony HS: UT-Austin (V), Vanderbilt (S)

LITTLE ELM ISD
Little Elm HS: TWU (V), DBU (S)

SELECT TARRANT COUNTY
ARLINGTON ISD
Arlington HS: Stanford (V), Washington & Lee (S)
Bowie HS: UT-Dallas (V), Colorado School of Mines (S)
Lamar HS: UT-Austin Business Honors (V), UT-Austin (S)
Martin HS: A&M (V), Princeton (S)
Sam Houston HS: UT-Arlington (V), UT-Arlington (S)
Seguin HS: Duke (V), A&M (S)

CARROLL ISD
Southlake Carroll HS: Stanford (V), Duke (S)

SELECT FWISD
Paschal HS: UT-Austin (V), Rice (S)

GRAPEVINE-COLLEYVILLE ISD
Colleyville Heritage HS: University of Houston (V), UT-Austin (S)
Grapevine HS: Cal Tech (V), Cal Tech (S)

HEB ISD
LD Bell HS: A&M (V), UT-Arlington (S)
Trinity HS: UT-Dallas (V), Arkansas (S)

ROCKWALL COUNTY
ROCKWALL ISD
Rockwall HS: A&M (V), TCU (S)
Heath HS: SMU (V), TCU (S)

SELECT PRIVATE SCHOOLS- ALL COUNTIES
Bishop Dunne HS: U Chicago (V), Rice (S)
Cambridge School: Washington & Lee (V), Schreiner University, Kerrville (S)
Cistercian Prep: UT-Austin (co-V), Notre Dame (co-V)
Covenant School: OU (V), Clemson (S)
Dallas Lutheran HS: Drake-Iowa (V), UT-Austin (S)
ESD: Yale (V), New School, NYC (S)
First Baptist Academy: A&M (V), Austin College, Sherman (S)
Fort Worth Country Day: MIT (V), Notre Dame (S)
Greenhill School: Yale (V), Rice (S)
Heritage Christian (Rockwall): UT-Arlington (V), Tarleton State (S)
Hockaday School: does not report
Jesuit College Prep: UT-Austin (V), Vanderbilt (S)
John Paul II: Georgia Tech (V), A&M (S)
Lakehill Prep: UT-Austin (V), UT-Austin (co-S), Rice (co-S)
Legacy Christian: Tulane (V), UT-Austin (S)
Liberty Christian: A&M (V), Alabama (S)
Nolan Catholic (FW): UT-Dallas (V), A&M (S)
Parish Episcopal: Vanderbilt (V), UVA (S)
Prince of Peace Catholic: Rice (V), Rice (S)
Prestonwood Christian Academy: TCU (V), SMU (S)
Shelton: UT-Austin (V), UNT (S)
St Marks: UPenn (V), Yale (S)
TCA: A&M (V), A&M (S)
Trinity Valley HS (FW): 5-way tie for Val (??) Duke, UT-Austin, UT-Austin, Washington & Lee, UT-Austin
Uplift North Hills Prep: Cornell (V), Duke (S)
Ursuline: UVA (V), Notre Dame (S)
Yavneh Academy: Harvard (V), Yeshiva, New York (S)

Last edited by TurtleCreek80; 06-19-2016 at 03:22 PM..

Old 06-19-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
We make decisions based upon people's appearances. If there are 2 women in a park on an afternoon day, and one is wearing a sports bra and tight shorts that show off her flat and toned stomach and defined legs and another woman is 15 pounds overweight and wearing dowdy clothing, which woman is a single male going to approach? I think the answer is obvious. If the second woman was the valedictorian of both her high school and Ivy League college classes and the first woman either didn't finish college or had a 2.5 GPA in a liberal arts major at a mediocre or subpar public university, that's probably not going to make much of a difference to a guy interested in meeting women.

Just stop. Every time you explain further, you sound like a bigger a-hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas