U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-16-2008, 07:20 PM

5 posts, read 28,895 times

Advertisements

I have been living in Dallas at an apartment complex near the Tollway and Knoll Trail/Bent Tree Forest for about 3 years now. I was very happy here until there were some maintenance changes and also some safety issues. There have been several car break-ins during the time I lived here. Recently there have been some questionable people roaming the property at night, and we have grafitti on some of the buildings. It was a really nice community before!! Anyway... I need some suggestions as to a very safe apartment complex in the area. I don't mind if it's in Addison, Carrollton, Plano, Frisco, Richardson, or Dallas or any of the surrounding areas, but I really need a safe place to live. My parents, my boyfriend and I have all been talking about this, but we don't know where is good. When you start looking at apartmentratings.com, EVERYTHING seems iffy. Your suggestions about any particular complex would be welcome. Thanks in advance!

-tcl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 07:38 PM

3,964 posts, read 9,297,602 times
What are your needs and price range and I'll be happy to suggest some places.

Naima

Old 02-16-2008, 08:02 PM

2,798 posts, read 5,611,892 times
Recently searching for apts in Houston, we were surprised at the rating on apartmentratings.com - apparently it's very common for competing apt complexes to post terrible reviews of each other. It was hard to NOT look at the ratings, but in the end, it didn't seem very reliable.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:07 PM

Hmm, probably less than $950 a month (preferably in the 7-8+ range, but I'll go higher if I need to), and pretty much, the only real "need" I have is that it be pet-friendly for my cat. I'd like a good sized apartment as well... right now I am in a 899 sf apartment and I am paying $715. I'd love something like that but I know I'll probably need to pay more for what I want. Thanks!

Old 02-16-2008, 08:08 PM

Yeah, I sort of thought about that, like that most of the people who post something on there are probably only the ones that are really pissed off, so it isn't that reliable but still, I worry when I read about bugs, rodents, etc.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:13 PM

1,538 posts, read 4,714,222 times
I wouldn't trust apartmentratings.com either, the manager of my old complex had her pals write reviews and made the place sound absolutely sterling. My car was broken into twice in six months, several apartments got broke into during the day, yet the complex had an almost perfect rating on that site. This was also a fairly small complex yet it had more reviews then places four times as big.

There are some really nice apartments just north of 190 near the Plano/Richardson border. Clearwater Creek is the one name I remember, but there are others in the area. It's a really pretty area of town, lots of parks/green space.

Look for complexes that have managers who are also residents, or have some sort of on site security, and never be afraid to ask questions.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:31 PM

2,281 posts, read 4,243,128 times
I live in Prestonbridge, just below beltline on Preston and I absolutely love it. It's a very small community. I have heard of no crime here, seriously I dropped a fifty dollar bill in the parking lot, and it was there the next day 12+ hours later. The amenities are great.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:51 PM

Smuboy - sounds great and I know exactly where you are talking about. I pass the sign with the address on it all the time. How is the management/maintenance? How much are you paying for what size of apartment?

Old 02-20-2009, 02:08 PM

14 posts, read 25,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
I wouldn't trust apartmentratings.com either, the manager of my old complex had her pals write reviews and made the place sound absolutely sterling. My car was broken into twice in six months, several apartments got broke into during the day, yet the complex had an almost perfect rating on that site. This was also a fairly small complex yet it had more reviews then places four times as big.

There are some really nice apartments just north of 190 near the Plano/Richardson border. Clearwater Creek is the one name I remember, but there are others in the area. It's a really pretty area of town, lots of parks/green space.

Look for complexes that have managers who are also residents, or have some sort of on site security, and never be afraid to ask questions.
Thank you for mentioning the name of the complex, I'm considering moving to that area but not sure exactly where. All the school info is starting to confuse me. If you know of any good schools, that info would be appreciated also. Thanks in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas