U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-26-2006, 12:39 AM
 
8 posts, read 83,178 times
Reputation: 23

Advertisements

Hi,

I got a quick question. Just wondering what parts of Dallas are mostly hispanic.
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-26-2006, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Deep In The Heat Of Texas
2,639 posts, read 2,519,089 times
Reputation: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger640 View Post
Hi,

I got a quick question. Just wondering what parts of Dallas are mostly hispanic.
thanks

About 36% of Dallas' over 1,200,000 population is Hispanic, but I haven't a clue in what area they live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2006, 03:07 PM
 
8 posts, read 83,178 times
Reputation: 23
so far from what ive read online the higest population is in the southwest area. just need info on what specific parts of the city is hispanic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2006, 11:34 PM
 
Location: The Big D
14,874 posts, read 37,690,900 times
Reputation: 5787
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger640 View Post
so far from what ive read online the higest population is in the southwest area. just need info on what specific parts of the city is hispanic.
Are you wanting to know so that you can concentrate on those areas to look into or to avoid? Are you wanting to find the active hispanic - very diverse neighborhoods that take care of things or are you looking to avoid the pile as many people into a tiny house type of areas (and those attract people of ALL different ethnic orgins not just hispanics)?

If you are looking for the rundown areas to avoid:
Anything around the Bachman Lake area near the Webbs Chapel Extension.
Fair Park area

Gosh, there are many to avoid if you want to stay away from the bad areas. If you want just diversity w/ people active in the community or just the working class that works to put a roof over their heads, plenty of areas for that w/ good schools to boot.
Carrollton
Farmers Branch (yes I know all the flap going on over there, I grew up there but it is just fine for those that are wanting a nice community)
The southern parts of Richardson
Central Garland
East Plano close to downtown Plano
Irving
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2006, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Topeka, KS
1,560 posts, read 6,607,656 times
Reputation: 502
Also check the North Central Texas Council of Governments web site, they offer maps of population percentages, income, education etc.

http://www.nctcog.org/ris/census/searchregion-m.asp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2006, 03:36 PM
 
8 posts, read 83,178 times
Reputation: 23
Hi,

thanks of the info guys. To answer your question, i am looking into relocating into a more culturally diverse area that is why i am asking. Coming from clearwater, fl i want to find a more curtually diverse area.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2006, 05:10 PM
 
Location: The Big D
14,874 posts, read 37,690,900 times
Reputation: 5787
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger640 View Post
Hi,

thanks of the info guys. To answer your question, i am looking into relocating into a more culturally diverse area that is why i am asking. Coming from clearwater, fl i want to find a more curtually diverse area.
Thanks
The Dallas area is pretty diverse. So even if you are looking for a nice neighborhood w/ good schools you are pretty much going to have neighbors from everywhere around you. Some areas tend to attract larger numbers of some ethnic groups because they are located closest to their place of worship or the ethnic stores that carry the products they want. To give you an idea you can always look at the demographics of the local schools in the area you are interested it (publicschoolsreport.com). They break down all of the ethic groups so you can see if one area is higher than another. I'd first start with how far are you wanting to commute to work and go from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2006, 05:07 PM
 
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
1,357 posts, read 4,944,971 times
Reputation: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Are you wanting to know so that you can concentrate on those areas to look into or to avoid? Are you wanting to find the active hispanic - very diverse neighborhoods that take care of things or are you looking to avoid the pile as many people into a tiny house type of areas (and those attract people of ALL different ethnic orgins not just hispanics)?

If you are looking for the rundown areas to avoid:
Anything around the Bachman Lake area near the Webbs Chapel Extension.
Fair Park area

Gosh, there are many to avoid if you want to stay away from the bad areas. If you want just diversity w/ people active in the community or just the working class that works to put a roof over their heads, plenty of areas for that w/ good schools to boot.
Carrollton
Farmers Branch (yes I know all the flap going on over there, I grew up there but it is just fine for those that are wanting a nice community)
The southern parts of Richardson
Central Garland
East Plano close to downtown Plano
Irving
Wouldn't it also be wise to avoid anything within a few blocks of LBJ ? It seems the Forest/Abrams/Skillman/Audelia/Jupiter interchanges have some questionable apartments.

Also, is the Park Lane/NW Hwy area still dumpy ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2009, 11:25 AM
 
1 posts, read 21,836 times
Reputation: 11
**** F Y I ***** Texas is not yet RACIALLY DIVERSE. California and New York are. In Texas you still find alot of narrow-minded/conservative people that sees NON-WHITE groups as an aliens...(but from MARS)!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2009, 07:37 PM
 
4,396 posts, read 11,577,253 times
Reputation: 2621
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwan101 View Post
**** F Y I ***** Texas is not yet RACIALLY DIVERSE. California and New York are. In Texas you still find alot of narrow-minded/conservative people that sees NON-WHITE groups as an aliens...(but from MARS)!!!

I would have to disagree with this statement. Dallas has a very large Hispanic/Mexican population. In fact it is predicted that they will be the majority by 2018. For the most part neighborhoods are decided by economic status more than race. Lower income Hispanics/Mexican tend to concentrate in Pleasant Grove, Central Oak Cliff and the Bachman lake-Webbs Chapel area. Once you get to homes priced in the low 100's you will find the population to be pretty diverse. As home prices rise above 200k a neighorhood will start to loose some diversity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top