U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-25-2008, 03:18 PM

14 posts, read 29,020 times
Default New Lineage Homes

We found this great treed lot in McKinney and perfect (so it seems) builder, New Lineage Custom Homes. Not too sure though....

They are custom builders and build as small or as big as you want for about $130-$150 sq. ft.. It's been about one month and they have come up with nothing in terms of a draft of any kind of plans. Is there any one out there that can vouch for this builder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 03:32 PM

1,896 posts, read 4,387,956 times
Never heard of them.
Can you talk to anyone else in the development? What neighborhood is it in?

Old 02-26-2008, 12:00 PM

5 posts, read 23,621 times
We are looking at building with New Lineage in McKinney (Sorrelwood Park) company started by guys who worked with DR Horton. Great lot, but not sure of their quality as of yet any and all feedback greatly appreciated.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 5,316 times
They have only been around for a couple of years. The two owners were one time DR Horton salesman. Don't know if they will survive the current housing crisis!!

Old 02-26-2008, 02:52 PM

1,896 posts, read 4,387,956 times
OH Sorrellwood park! I would not buy there. That road, Hardin, is getting ready to be even more congested in the future. I would not recommend buying there. I've lived here for almost 9 years and that is a bad area (bad I mean as in too hilly) Have you seen how those houses sit? Sure they look pretty but I feel a bit uneasy on how those houses sit.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:17 PM

Moderator cut: referring to a post that is no longer available I feel the same way about Hardin and Stonebridge, the more hills and trees the better :-) I will check the county records for mechanic liens & foreclosures Moderator cut: edited for thread context

Last edited by da jammer; 03-28-2008 at 07:19 PM..

Old 02-27-2008, 12:23 PM

New2McKinney, any updates on your plans w/ New Lineage? Are you moving forward or have you pulled out? Your feedback is greatly appreciated :-)

Old 02-28-2008, 11:49 AM

14 posts, read 29,020 times
Have not pulled out yet ;-). Need to do a bit of research and make a decision. Who is your sales guy? Initials will work fine. Not too sure about our drafter, seems like he should be the sales guy. The issue we're having is the following:
We have a lot on hold but it's been 3 weeks and no one from NLCH has called. We're always the one initiating the calls and the response is "Our CAD guy hasn't finished the draft". We haven't put any money down yet, not until I do the research and agree on everything in writing.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 5,094 times
Hey New2McKinney, maybe I can help. We just built with New Lineage out in Lucas. Moved in late November. We interviewed a number of builders out in this area, and they by far offered the most features for a very competitive price. We had our house plan designed by our architect, and it took months to get done, so your 3 weeks sounds wonderful

Anyway, we are very pleased at the quality of the home, and the builder. There were some hiccups along the way, but this was a pretty complex home, and the result was exactly what we were hoping for.

We came across NLC when we were looking at the Parade of Homes in McKinney, and they were building out in the same area of Pecan Point, I think it is called. I also know that they built a bunch of custom homes out here in the neighborhood next to ours in Lucas. We used several of those homes to get some ideas on the finish out of this house.

I sure hope that helps. If you want any specifics, just let me know. I would recommend them to you without pause.

andy

Old 07-01-2010, 10:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,308 times
we are looking at a foreclosure of NLCH in sorrelwood park. this is a creek lot but creek is dried up. is there any problem with flooding in this area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas