Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2016, 07:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,070 times

Advertisements

Hi, All

New here and hoping someone can give me a little insight. I currently live in Plano, am divorced and my daughter has moved out to attend college. I'm ready to sell this house and move to a condo or townhouse.

I'm looking at Addison but I'm wondering if everyone there is in the 20's and 30's. I'm in my 50's, so not totally certain Addison is the best choice. But I like the proximity to airports, walkable neighborhood, etc. I work from home, so commute time isn't an issue for me.

Anyone have thoughts on it? Or maybe a different suggestion for me?

Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 01:35 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,428,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondAct5 View Post
Hi, All

New here and hoping someone can give me a little insight. I currently live in Plano, am divorced and my daughter has moved out to attend college. I'm ready to sell this house and move to a condo or townhouse.

I'm looking at Addison but I'm wondering if everyone there is in the 20's and 30's. I'm in my 50's, so not totally certain Addison is the best choice. But I like the proximity to airports, walkable neighborhood, etc. I work from home, so commute time isn't an issue for me.

Anyone have thoughts on it? Or maybe a different suggestion for me?

Many thanks!
Addison is generally young so I was surprised visiting the area to see people in their 40s and 50s in the Addison Circle area. Hubby and I are going to be empty nesters soon and we are thinking about that area. An issue for us is that we are mostly finding leases rather than ownership. Also most of the ownership condos/townhomes are 2 and 3 stories tall. Fine for now but there's a chance that one of us will possibly not be able to deal with stairs in the next 10-20 years.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:40 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,648,181 times
I sold a number of the 3 story ones back when they were being built around the circle back when the market first crashed. I never thought of it back then as a very young place. 30's was younger there when I was selling. Most of my sells were 40's.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:26 AM

1,430 posts, read 1,455,978 times
It is not all young people in Addison.
See if you can get a complimentary workout at the city fitness center.
That might give you an idea.
You can also look at city-data for demographic info.
I think it also might depend if you buy or rent.
Homes tend to be 300K and up and there really aren't that many.
Chances are the average age will be a little higher in those areas.
Rent and you will likely see lower age demographics...like around Addison Circle.
Might help you be young again...

Old 12-23-2016, 10:28 AM

8,099 posts, read 8,246,716 times
You may enjoy a townhouse in Lakewood or even Knox Henderson area.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,070 times
Thanks for the info. There are new one level condos being built at the intersection of Quorum and Airport Rd (I think I have that correct). 2 and 3 bedroom. I'm mostly interested in those as opposed to anything with stairs.

I like the walkable feeling of Addison Circle and the small parks. I have two dogs who would love walking around there.

So happy to know I might not be the oldest person there! LOL!

I will take a look at the Lakewood area. Not certain I would love the Knox Henderson area - seems like too much traffic to get in/out of there.

THANKS!!!

Old 12-26-2016, 02:23 PM

7 posts, read 6,038 times
I'm partial to old Dallas. I think Lakewood is lovely. Another suggestion is Hall St West of 75 and in that area.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:55 PM

988 posts, read 1,819,695 times
I lived in Post Addison Circle for a year, now about a mile east (apartment), and am not a 20-30 yo.

Addison trends somewhat younger, but it's not exclusively 20-30 year olds. However, I felt it does trend more transient vs. "putting down roots" so may not be the fit if you want neighborhoods where people buy and stay for a long time.

Lakewood is nice, I wish my work was a bit closer.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:59 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,180,560 times
Why not look at a townhome or condo in Plano? You could be living by the Shops at Legacy, certainly a walkable area, and you shouldn't have any trouble fitting in age-wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: