Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 07:31 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,219,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
Now you see how most non-white people usually feel and what they sacrifice when they move up socioeconomically and the neighborhoods that they move to and the schools that they enroll their children in are predominately white/WASP.
Thank you. As they're so apt to tell "us" when we speak on these issues, they can get over it and suck it up like we have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 08:55 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,175,469 times
Us,them, ours, theirs. It's not like we are here for eternity, we are mortals just passing by briefly, let's unite humanity instead of dividing it. Love of thy neighbor shouldn't be limited to ones who look like us or pray like us or vote like us. None of us know if we'll see the sun of tomorrow or not.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:00 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,460,702 times
No areas are getting more diverse from a long term perspective. It's just a transitory phase. When there are too many of one group, most people in other groups move out.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:30 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,229,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I live in north Collin County and was very surprised by the diversity in my neighborhood when we moved in a little over a year ago. We have a large combination of Muslims, Asians, east Indians, African-American, white Christian folk and life-long Texans and Oklahomans in our development. I prefer living in a culturally diverse area and had no idea north Texas fit the bill until I got here. I would hate to be in a neighborhood where everyone comes from the same background...

Indeed! Great post! Nurider2002.

Dallas and Forth Worth as well is a very prosperous area. And now is on the radar of many and among major metros is attracting all types of people. While the center city and more built up areas Addison/Richardson/ Stone Briar are attracting the diverse single and DINKs.. (Dual Income No Kids) of all backgrounds and ethnicities. Many other more suburban areas are attracting diverse families of various cultures.. I love it! Asian, middle eastern, African, South American, European.. My roomates and I all millenials now are Mexican and Russian, I am an African American male and we all have a blast! We can learn a lot from each others cultures and create a better society bit by bit. It's absolutely awesome. Throw a bunch of kids of the same age in a room with toys and games and see if they don't play with each other without regard. Adults are the idiots who make it complicated.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:06 PM

198 posts, read 186,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynxtlvl View Post
Indeed! Great post! Nurider2002.

Dallas and Forth Worth as well is a very prosperous area. And now is on the radar of many and among major metros is attracting all types of people. While the center city and more built up areas Addison/Richardson/ Stone Briar are attracting the diverse single and DINKs.. (Dual Income No Kids) of all backgrounds and ethnicities. Many other more suburban areas are attracting diverse families of various cultures.. I love it! Asian, middle eastern, African, South American, European.. My roomates and I all millenials now are Mexican and Russian, I am an African American male and we all have a blast! We can learn a lot from each others cultures and create a better society bit by bit. It's absolutely awesome. Throw a bunch of kids of the same age in a room with toys and games and see if they don't play with each other without regard. Adults are the idiots who make it complicated.
Great sentiments
There is hope .......

Old 01-13-2017, 08:49 AM

117 posts, read 150,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
You could move to Lovejoy ISD. They are 80% white. 5% Asian.
Nope, Lovejoy won't work either. Asian is the fastest growing demographic.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:52 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
Now you see how most non-white people usually feel and what they sacrifice when they move up socioeconomically and the neighborhoods that they move to and the schools that they enroll their children in are predominately white/WASP.
This isn't a valid empathetic argument because these groups often just keep following Whites. Meaning, in many but not all instances, that "move up" becomes devalued for the non-whites when the whites are culturally and demographically replaced. Thus, the non-whites move again to "move up" where the whites relocate to. It's a common and undeniable pattern. Why should Whites empathize with such minorities, as minorities in all white areas, when the aim apparently isn't to "move up", or to inhabit a specific geographic space, but to follow and live among whites?

Old 01-17-2017, 12:55 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
Us,them, ours, theirs. It's not like we are here for eternity, we are mortals just passing by briefly, let's unite humanity instead of dividing it. Love of thy neighbor shouldn't be limited to ones who look like us or pray like us or vote like us. None of us know if we'll see the sun of tomorrow or not.
Every group would have to put down group interest for this to happen. This does not happen, and it won't happen. Jews, Hispanics, Blacks, and Whites are not going to stop caring about how Jews, Hispanics, Blacks, and Whites do as a whole. Perceived group interests are inevitably going to conflict, and humanity will be at odds.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:15 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,229,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpushiys View Post
Great sentiments
There is hope .......

Indeed!

Old 01-19-2017, 07:38 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,408,792 times
I didn't read through all 10 pages of posts but most Texas think tanks predict that black and white demographics will continue to decline to roughly a 25% combined percentage by 2030. check out the visionnorthtexas organization for more detailed breakdowns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas