Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2017, 06:42 PM

155 posts, read 205,238 times

Advertisements

Dallas is one of my favorite cities in the world. All week I have been typing up plans for what I want to accomplish in the city when I become Mayor and possibly opening up a couple of my businesses in the area However all in a matter of seconds all of that came crushing down and left a severely sour memory for me with Dallas. I was heading to the VA for an early morning appointment. I caught the Rowlett train instead of the UNT because at the time the other trains were coming in 40-50 minutes at a time. Mind you it's early in the morning. So again I get onto the Rowlett train and take a nap. Next thing I know my anxiety kicks in and I start getting a minor panic attack I feel like I'm back in the war zone again. My PTSD is fully kicking in except these are DART officers telling people who are asleep to get up and go outside. I'm instantly pissed off. So apparently, someone had complained about people sleeping on the train. I was at a lost for words. There is so much going on in the world and people are complaining about people falling asleep on a train and mind you again it's earllllly in the morning. The officer said he better not catch me and the other guys back in Rowlett again and so on and just going on and on about nothing. Some of the guys were high schoolers at that. I really wanted to do some deadly martial arts on him and his buddies. That just left an extremely bad memory in my head about Dallas and he triggered my PTSD over nothing. Is it against the law to sleep on a train? Is this some new law that I haven't been made aware of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 08:47 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,733,607 times
Who knows? Maybe Dart is having a problem with the homeless using the train for a safe place to catch some zzz's. Take a chill pill and when you become mayor you can put them in their place. Just curious, what year have you designated for your debut as Mayor of Dallas?

Old 02-22-2017, 10:21 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,169,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus_Hewitt View Post
Dallas is one of my favorite cities in the world. All week I have been typing up plans for what I want to accomplish in the city when I become Mayor and possibly opening up a couple of my businesses in the area However all in a matter of seconds all of that came crushing down and left a severely sour memory for me with Dalla{"IsDistinguishedFolder":true,"FolderId":{"Id ":"AQMkADUyZDYwYTM2LTllYWQtNDI4YS04YzIzLWJiADE0Mjl lMTI1MGIALgAAA2FA6/lmKn5At+N99o03nxwBALF+zzmjLYFCotg52RwJEdUAAAIBDAAA AA==","ChangeKey":"AQAAABYAAACxfs85oy2BQqLYOdkcCRH VAAJqPvjB"},"DragItemType":3}s. I was heading to the VA for an early morning appointment. I caught the Rowlett train instead of the UNT because at the time the other trains were coming in 40-50 minutes at a time. Mind you it's early in the morning. So again I get onto the Rowlett train and take a nap. Next thing I know my anxiety kicks in and I start getting a minor panic attack I feel like I'm back in the war zone again. My PTSD is fully kicking in except these are DART officers telling people who are asleep to get up and go outside. I'm instantly pissed off. So apparently, someone had complained about people sleeping on the train. I was at a lost for words. There is so much going on in the world and people are complaining about people falling asleep on a train and mind you again it's earllllly in the morning. The officer said he better not catch me and the other guys back in Rowlett again and so on and just going on and on about nothing. Some of the guys were high schoolers at that. I really wanted to do some deadly martial arts on him and his buddies. That just left an extremely bad memory in my head about Dallas and he triggered my PTSD over nothing. Is it against the law to sleep on a train? Is this some new law that I haven't been made aware of?
...Must... resist... posting snarky comment... comments... Oh dear god there's just so much to choose from!

Old 02-22-2017, 11:52 PM

537 posts, read 592,738 times
Wait, you paid the fare and still got yelled at for sleeping? Why didn't you just tell them you had a pass? You know, instead of using kung fu on them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas