Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 09:05 AM

1,428 posts, read 1,451,093 times

Advertisements

Might try Cistercian in Irving. Doesn't get a lot of mentions, but I expect it is a pretty good school, smaller, and might be a good fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 10:07 AM

19,493 posts, read 17,723,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLynn View Post
Might try Cistercian in Irving. Doesn't get a lot of mentions, but I expect it is a pretty good school, smaller, and might be a good fit.

Cistercian Monks and Nuns have been super achievers in engineering - especially power and construction, math, metallurgy, languages and more like excellent beer crafting skills since The Dark Ages. All of that leads to Cistercian Order schools like Cistercian in Irving.

1. Cistercian is mentioned here all the time.
2. It's not a good school it is a tremendous boy's school - with reported SAT averages around 2100 (old scale) and very solid NMSF numbers at graduation.
3. It's likely not a fit at all for the OP.
A. It's catholic requiring mass and a bit more religious than some of the other local catholic schools, the OP seems opposed to that.
B. It's tremendously oversubscribed across the lower grades for next year.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:26 AM

15 posts, read 17,374 times
Default Alternatives to Greenhill and St. Marks

Hello - I think I can give you some feedback. I work for DISD administration and I have a daughter at Greenhill. I am also Indian and I live in Plano!

Cistercian Prep is an excellent school and if I had a son, I would shoot for that school. I am very happy with Greenhill, but there are certainly other great options.

I live in Plano and I commute into Dallas everyday. I try to leave the house by 7:10am, and I usually make it in to our downtown headquarters by 7:45/50.

Dallas ISD has some great options - have you considered Dealey Montessori/Magnet, Harry Stone Magnet or our new Mata Montessori? Depending on where you decide to reside, there are some great elementary schools that are not magnet.

Best of luck!

Old 04-15-2017, 12:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,744 times
Has anyone from st marks waitpool been contacted yet?

Old 08-11-2017, 02:56 PM

19 posts, read 23,709 times
I agree with the others, Parish is a good alternative. I've also heard that there has been some very positive change in DISD. Franklin is in process of being IB and depending where you are zoned for, you can always ask for a transfer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas