U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2006, 02:46 PM

8 posts, read 35,988 times

Advertisements

We are interested in a house in this community of Framers Branch, Does anyone have information about the country club. Thanks
Also interested in a house by Vilbig Lake in IRVING, 75060
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2006, 09:05 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,245,485 times
Brookhaven CC is one of the oldest in Dallas, been around seems like forever to me. Still holds a nice reputation. They do attract several good tennis and golf pros along w/ tournaments. I grew up there (did not live in Brookhaven but "across the tracks"/ Webbs Chapel ). The homes in that area have kept their value, even the ones that have not been updated. There is an area that is newer homes closer to Valley View that has some beautiful custom homes.

Be careful about the homes around Vilbig Lake. Last year there was a HUGE mess w/ the yards falling off on the back. Some of the houses back walls were VERY close to the cracks where the yard was falling off. You should be able to call the city as some of the homeowners were trying to sue the city to help them pay for repairs.

Old 12-06-2006, 04:07 AM

Default Thank you Momof2DFW

Thank you Momof2DFW
I have been reading the boards for a while and I appreciate all the info you have and the time you take to response to all the post.
We are from Florida and are considering a move to the Dallas area late next year! We will be empty nesters in our late forties and are looking for a more social atmosphere. We will be coming to Dallas this weekend 12/08 to see some of the homes. We've been to dallas numerous times and liked what we saw, and besides, my husband is a avid cowboys fan, we are going to the game! Any areas that you can suggest would be greatly appreicated! My husband is an accountant and I am a hairdresser, we can work just about anywhere, Thanks in advance
Terry

Old 12-06-2006, 04:10 AM

Default Thank you Momof2DFW

Thank you Momof2DFW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Momof2DFW
I have been reading the boards for a while and I appreciate all the info you have and the time you take to response to all the post.
We are from Florida and are considering a move to the Dallas area late next year! We will be empty nesters in our late forties and are looking for a more social atmosphere. We will be coming to Dallas this weekend 12/08 to see some of the homes. We've been to dallas numerous times and liked what we saw, and besides, my husband is a avid cowboys fan, we are going to the game! Any areas that you can suggest would be greatly appreicated! My husband is an accountant and I am a hairdresser, we can work just about anywhere, Thanks in advance
Terry
This is the forum you answered my question
BROOKHAVEN Country Club
BROOKHAVEN Country Club

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are interested in a house in this community of Framers Branch, Does anyone have information about the country club. Thanks
Also interested in a house by Vilbig Lake in IRVING, 75060

Old 12-06-2006, 04:16 AM

Also, whats your opinion of northeast Arlington zip 76006

Old 12-06-2006, 11:10 AM

Thanks,

Well, in Arlington you are going to have a lot more traffic. It will be much closer to the new Jerry Jones Stadium that the Cowboys will be playing in. In the same area which is just across I30 from the 76006 you have Six Flags Over Texas, Hurricane Harbor, The Ballpark (home of the Texas Rangers) and soon the Cowboys. Throw in all of the regular traffic that hits the mid-cities along w/ the college commuters, it is always crowded. My husband lived right in that area while in college. Worked at a grocery store there and they were even busy at 2 a.m. with all kinds of people. Lots AND LOTS of apartments in Arlington. I've never really cared for it personally because I don't care for all of the traffic, congestion and the element of people it does attract. There are several gentlemen's clubs right in that area too. It would be close to those Cowboys though and it might be quicker to walk to the stadium than try to get out and fight the traffic and try and park .

As far as "active" are you wanting to be near any kind of other activities? I take it one of you or both like golf or tennis? If you want to stay on that side of Dallas to keep your husband close to the football action try looking at some of the areas north of Hwy 183. You'll find more golf course communities on that side and a little bit less traffic. Even out towards Trophy Club, Grapevine, Valley Ranch (home of the Cowboys practice facilities ) and Las Colinas will probably give you more of what you may be used to in Florida and more activities closer at hand. The neighborhoods in these areas are going to be a bit newer and have some of the walking trails and some will be on a golf course.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:05 PM

85 posts, read 483,307 times
sorry i tried to delete but couldn't.

Another question though.I am relocating by choice this spring and had narrowed it down to N.dallas area. I had ruled out Austin.Should I still consider Austin if an opportunity arises or stick with the plano area? If it were you.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan st clair View Post
sorry i tried to delete but couldn't.

Another question though.I am relocating by choice this spring and had narrowed it down to N.dallas area. I had ruled out Austin.Should I still consider Austin if an opportunity arises or stick with the plano area? If it were you.
Well, Plano's not my cup of tea so it would depend on what area of Austin.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:49 AM

momof2dfw
Thanks for your replies

Old 12-08-2006, 10:57 AM

85 posts, read 483,307 times
"Plano's not my cup of tea" Why is that?

Austin: Left(west) of the interstate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or