U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2006, 03:39 PM

11 posts, read 32,172 times

Advertisements

Earlier I was inquiring about construction work in TX and was informed that Lufkin would be a good place to look. I'm a framing contractor from Lincoln NE and would love to relocate to TX if I can find some work before I make the move. Any and all information about possible builders to contact or places to look would be greatly appreciated. The more names and leads I can get, the better!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2006, 07:13 PM

37 posts, read 185,547 times
Default lots of building contractors in Lufkin

Hi,

I checked the yellow pages on dogpile.com and used 'building contractors' as my search by type. There are quite a few listed.

Call the C of C for referrals and get on the phone! Lufkin is growing and building. It is a nice town and a nice size. Plenty of rural area outside ,too.

I am going there tomorrow for an appointment and to shop. I will look for signs.

Gail

Old 12-03-2006, 07:34 PM

16 posts, read 72,020 times
Thanks Gail! I really appreciate all the help. It's nice to know that there are people out there that are willing to help someone, just to help.....Let me know if you find anything. Thanks again!!

Old 12-03-2006, 07:38 PM

Just so I don't confuse anyone.....smalltowngal is my wife....lol.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:20 PM

37 posts, read 185,547 times
Default Deep East Texas Asso. of Builders

I saw a magazine for 2006 home tours in the Dr.'s office today. it was put out by the builder asso. There were 20 contractors listed and many subs. On a search I found the site
adetb.org

Put a www. in there also. There are lists and resources there. Hurricane Rita did not do big time damage in Lufkin but building begets building and lufkin is growing. Stats in the mag said it was 35k in town and 80k in area.

Check the site. Kinda dry but is info. Whip out that search engine!!

Gail

Old 12-05-2006, 04:55 AM

Smile Thank you so much!

Thanks for the info again Gail! We've been searching the internet like crazy and finding alot of builders. I'm making a list and calling everyone on it. I'm hoping to come down in the middle of next week and hopefully meet with some poeple to get some work lined up. I might have to swing by and by you coffee for all your help!

Old 12-05-2006, 02:35 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,132,259 times
My family is from Lufkin, I thought that it was seeing a downsizing due to Temple corportate going to Austin. My sister told me that the town was losing and was on a economic downcline due to many of the companies that were there are gone. She is about to go bankrupt because she could not sell her home. She has tried but all the exceutives have gone and her price range it is in is hard to sell which is around 200,000 which is cheap here but lots there. If there are any framing jobs that is great but I don't know if it would be stable there due to the situation with the economics. DFW is always building but I am not sure who they are contracting out with. Much of the homes here are built on illegal immigrant labor( this is the truth) and am pretty sure it is in Lufkin due to that Diboll has a large migrant population from Mexico. I know the stats are listed on this site too with Diboll ranking up there with being a town with the lots of diversity. Pay scale too is hard there, much cheaper than elsewhere because it is a small town. My great nephew's grand mother is a radio personality there and is a field reporter on channel 9 and she deserves so much more but she stays there because her family is all there. She is an example of hard work as most are but pay not being what it should.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:16 AM

18 posts, read 85,097 times
Try Houston. The whole area there seems to have a lot of newer housing developments. Look up the Texas workforce commission website.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 10,785 times
Default Lufkin

Did you make a decision regarding Lufkin. I have been here my entire life. My family is here so here I will probably stay. The growth here has been huge and it seems to go on and on. We are thankful to see all the growth. I hope you have great success whatever you decide.

Linda

Old 11-16-2007, 03:22 PM

3,702 posts, read 16,341,859 times
If you like the less populated areas, try Longview and Tyler. My Uncle (electrical contractor) really has more work than he can keep up with in commercial building and new home construction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas