Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 03:55 PM

422 posts, read 536,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Midlothian is a real option if a rental in the budget could be procured. I own just about the cheapest rental there (leased so not available) and my rental fetches $1300/mo and easily I can get $1450 at renewal. Perhaps there's an apartment to be had (not many in Midlothian) and its sure worth looking into.

Cedar Hill is a decent commute, but schools not so good. SW Arlington is a gem of an area in the Martin attendance zone (I have rentals there) but a horrible commute for downtown Dallas. Mansfield, Wax and Red Oak ditto on bad commute.

Lake Highlands is another option to be considered, but have to be very careful about location. Apartments near Skillman near LBJ/635 are in high crime area.

I live in the very tip of Southern Waxahachie, and the downtown commute is about 35 minutes from my house at 6am. And all the other options I gave are closer than that, so I'm not sure what everyone would consider a horrible commute but that's pretty decent to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 04:37 PM

18,499 posts, read 7,256,691 times
Quote:
Midlothian is a real option if a rental in the budget could be procured. I own just about the cheapest rental there (leased so not available) and my rental fetches $1300/mo and easily I can get $1450 at renewal. Perhaps there's an apartment to be had (not many in Midlothian) and its sure worth looking into.

Cedar Hill is a decent commute, but schools not so good. SW Arlington is a gem of an area in the Martin attendance zone (I have rentals there) but a horrible commute for downtown Dallas. Mansfield, Wax and Red Oak ditto on bad commute.

Lake Highlands is another option to be considered, but have to be very careful about location. Apartments near Skillman near LBJ/635 are in high crime area.
The apartments themselves are the high-crime areas (and they're well-maintained, beautifully landscaped, and not very scary). The apartments are actually relatively high-crime islands in low-crime areas.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:28 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,850,914 times
Quote:
You must have been in a teeney sliver of 75038 (near Lee Park?) for CFiSD schools -- which are totally acceptable. Most of 75038 is in Irving ISD. I am an investor and most of my properties have been in Irving with a few in Euless, Dallas, Arlington and Midlothian -- but Irving has been my anchor city so I am deeply familiar with it.
There is no Lee park in 75038. If you mean Thomas Jefferson park then that is the area. There is a big area covered by CFISD, not teeny tiny.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:36 PM

8,097 posts, read 8,229,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
There is no Lee park in 75038. If you mean Thomas Jefferson park then that is the area. There is a big area covered by CFISD, not teeny tiny.
Oh yes its TJ Park. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas