Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 04:24 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,564,059 times

Advertisements

Inventory seems low for houses in the $375,000 - $425,000 range in North Irving, Coppell, and Carrollton areas.
Are there bidding wars going on for these houses?

What price range do you have to be in to avoid a bidding war these days?

And while we're here... what about bidding wars in Frisco in this price range?
Not our target area, but it would be one for us to consider.

Last edited by TheotherMarie; 04-10-2017 at 04:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 04:33 PM

271 posts, read 293,494 times
last yr, two of my colleagues were trying to buy in coppell, the place to live if you are working in valley ranch. if i remember correctly, on one of the houses that my colleague bid on, he offered close to the asking price, got outbid by an all cash offer.
fast forward, those 2 colleagues, one ended up buying in flower mound, the competition in coppell became a little overwhelming for him, :-). the house that he bought was listed at 245k, he checked the house online first, really liked it, offered 250k? the seller countered at 253k, he agreed and got the house.
the other one bought a fsbo house in coppell.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1livesinamerica View Post
last yr, two of my colleagues were trying to buy in coppell, the place to live if you are working in valley ranch. if i remember correctly, on one of the houses that my colleague bid on, he offered close to the asking price, got outbid by an all cash offer.
fast forward, those 2 colleagues, one ended up buying in flower mound, the competition in coppell became a little overwhelming for him, :-). the house that he bought was listed at 245k, he checked the house online first, really liked it, offered 250k? the seller countered at 253k, he agreed and got the house.
the other one bought a fsbo house in coppell.
Yeah, I would expect bidding wars for anything in that price range anywhere in the metroplex. Things are crazy!

But if we up the ante $100k or more, are we still looking at a bidding war??

Old 04-10-2017, 08:15 PM

216 posts, read 213,333 times
I bought in Coppell at a lower price point in march.. I won my bidding war And the appraisal was only short $500. 1 story homes in Coppell are either in bidding wars or sitting there because of foundation work. 2 story homes over 400 sit a few weeks, and homes in the River chase area not zoned to Coppell schools are selling for under asking price or sitting for months.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:38 AM

1,435 posts, read 1,463,536 times
In Coppell, VR, and Frisco and many other areas you will often see multiple offers on homes under $400K...and it gets worse as you slide down the price range. Lots of cash, Lots of over bidding, lots of strong offers all the way around....

We do have strategies that can help you get the home....but I'm telling buyers now...don't get set on one house. Have a backup plan...or have 4-5 backup plans. Almost anything ugly can be fixed.

What I am seeing is more weakness in many areas at 600K and above...I'm seeing more price reductions, longer DOM, more negotiation.

Good luck.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLynn View Post
In Coppell, VR, and Frisco and many other areas you will often see multiple offers on homes under $400K...and it gets worse as you slide down the price range. Lots of cash, Lots of over bidding, lots of strong offers all the way around....

We do have strategies that can help you get the home....but I'm telling buyers now...don't get set on one house. Have a backup plan...or have 4-5 backup plans. Almost anything ugly can be fixed.

What I am seeing is more weakness in many areas at 600K and above...I'm seeing more price reductions, longer DOM, more negotiation.

Good luck.
Thank you. I appreciate the input.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:11 AM

11 posts, read 15,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ09990 View Post
1 story homes in Coppell are either in bidding wars or sitting there because of foundation work.
Are these the homes that currently have foundation issues and need repair, or the houses that have had foundation repair done in the past? Wondering if past foundation repair that was done and has lifetime warranty still causes a house to sit on the market, or do the buyer's not care now because the issue was fixed?

Old 04-11-2017, 12:40 PM

216 posts, read 213,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_a1 View Post
Are these the homes that currently have foundation issues and need repair, or the houses that have had foundation repair done in the past? Wondering if past foundation repair that was done and has lifetime warranty still causes a house to sit on the market, or do the buyer's not care now because the issue was fixed?
I was referring to homes currently needing work. My house had a previous repair. Didn't stop me... or the other folks who bid on it. I just had my own engineer verify that the repair was holding.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:54 PM

40,931 posts, read 48,971,778 times
You will almost always get in a bidding war if you try to get into Coppell ISD. Not so much C-FB ISD unless you're under about $350.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:53 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,534,148 times
I'm curious to hear what the realtors think about this--it seems to be getting a bit better. Friends that are currently looking say it isn't as competitive and prices have gone up, but they don't seem to have gone up quite as sharply this spring.

And I've seen 1 or 2 overpriced homes simply sit on the market whereas last year and before even those seemed to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas