Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 11:56 AM

84 posts, read 146,918 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I will be interning at JP Morgan Chase in Lewisville, Texas from June through August. Unfortunately the student that I was suppose to roommate with has backed out, so now I'm scrambling to find a place on my own.

Can anyone give me some ideas of any apartments in the area that allow short term leases.

Also how is the Lewisville area? Someone told me that I should try the Uptown area also. I am from Miami and have never been to Dallas so any feedback would be appreciated. How is the commute from Dallas to Lewisville?

My budget is around $1000 a month for rent.....I could stretch it to $1200 if necessary but I am trying to avoid spending all the money I make from my internship on bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 12:09 PM

19,775 posts, read 18,055,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big gipp View Post
Hi everyone. I will be interning at JP Morgan Chase in Lewisville, Texas from June through August. Unfortunately the student that I was suppose to roommate with has backed out, so now I'm scrambling to find a place on my own.

Can anyone give me some ideas of any apartments in the area that allow short term leases.

Also how is the Lewisville area? Someone told me that I should try the Uptown area also. I am from Miami and have never been to Dallas so any feedback would be appreciated. How is the commute from Dallas to Lewisville?

My budget is around $1000 a month for rent.....I could stretch it to $1200 if necessary but I am trying to avoid spending all the money I make from my internship on bills.
1. Congrats on the internship. It'll be big deal on your resume going forward.
2. Forget Uptown. It's way too far and forces crossing several unpredictable pinch points/construction zones to Lewisville although summer traffic is a bit easier than not.
3. Check out the west side of The Colony, Little Elm, Lewisville itself and especially Denton just to the north.

ETA - Denton is a dual college town with a really cool music vibe.

ETA II - https://www.google.com/maps/@33.0424875,-97.0258048,12z

Last edited by EDS_; 05-22-2017 at 12:18 PM..

Old 05-22-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
1. Congrats on the internship. It'll be big deal on your resume going forward.
2. Forget Uptown. It's way too far and forces crossing several unpredictable pinch points/constructions zones to Lewisville although summer traffic is a bit easier than not.
3. Check out the west side of The Colony, Little Elm, Lewisville itself and especially Denton just to the north.
Thanks EDS_!! I'm looking forward to the opportunity. I will look into the areas that have you listed right away.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:34 PM

27 posts, read 30,787 times
If the internship is in Lewisville, I would go ahead and live in Lewisville. It's just not worth dealing with traffic otherwise. I would avoid the business 121 and Fox avenue area, it is the highest crime area in the city. There are some decent apartments in the Vista Ridge area. There are also some apartments off Valley Ridge or main that are nice. I have no idea if they will do a 3 mo lease. Might need to find a sublet. You might have better luck finding something for just the summer in the Denton area where all the students live, although the traffic going back and forth can be brutal.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:39 PM

374 posts, read 548,646 times
We used to live in nice apartments near Grapevine Mills Mall area. All of the apartments in that area are nice. It'll be a close drive to your intern. Our two bedroom was approx $1,500/month. I'm sure a one bedroom will fit your budget just fine. Check out apartments in Flower Mound too.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:49 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
I agree with the area around Grapevine Mills. It's an easy drive to Lewisville and you're close to major highways to get other places.
Flower Mound is family central and hard to get in/out due to traffic. It also only has a few apartments. I'd skip it.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:50 PM

712 posts, read 841,177 times
for just 3 months, get extended stay motel room- they have weekly & monthly rates, and prolly give you real good deal for 3 months - used to drive by (newish) one that had sign for $268/wk - you'll have to call them.
Several available in Lewisville/grapevine, etc area (near dfw airport)
already furnished - just show up (instead of empty apartment).

Be sure to see this detailed post:http://www.city-data.com/forum/26370523-post3.html

Forget APARTMENTS - they will charge you premium for just 3 months, if at all..

Last edited by oldoak2000; 05-22-2017 at 04:03 PM..

Old 05-22-2017, 08:11 PM

Thanks everyone. I searched online and found this place in Lewisville that offers a short term lease. The name is Rockbrook Creek Apartments....the 1 bedroom is actually very reasonable compared to Miami. Can anyone tell me if this is a good area?

Apartments in Lewisville TX | Rockbrook Creek Apartments

Old 05-22-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldoak2000 View Post
for just 3 months, get extended stay motel room- they have weekly & monthly rates, and prolly give you real good deal for 3 months - used to drive by (newish) one that had sign for $268/wk - you'll have to call them.
Several available in Lewisville/grapevine, etc area (near dfw airport)
already furnished - just show up (instead of empty apartment).

Be sure to see this detailed post:http://www.city-data.com/forum/26370523-post3.html

Forget APARTMENTS - they will charge you premium for just 3 months, if at all..
I was actually thinking about an extended stay hotel. If I don't find something decent within the next 4 days I think that extended stay may be my best option. Some of the interns have found sublets and roommates...but I haven't been as lucky and it's mostly because I'm a guy and everyone that is still looking are females and looking for female roommates of course.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:24 PM

27 posts, read 30,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big gipp View Post
Thanks everyone. I searched online and found this place in Lewisville that offers a short term lease. The name is Rockbrook Creek Apartments....the 1 bedroom is actually very reasonable compared to Miami. Can anyone tell me if this is a good area?

Apartments in Lewisville TX | Rockbrook Creek Apartments
I think that area is fine. If you are looking at extended stay, I would avoid the Budget Suites or InTown Suites on Bus-121. There are some nicer ones off Lakepointe Dr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas