Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 04:05 PM

537 posts, read 597,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAmErika View Post
Upgrades as in light fixtures, cabinets, floors etc?
Yes. Pulte should also provide prices for upgrades up front, however, so you won't be surprised after signing the contract and heading to the design center. We got the upgrades we needed for about $20k with DR Horton that would have cost us over $40k if we had gone with Pulte. The Pulte sales rep I spoke with even admitted many of the upgrades were overpriced and recommended going with the basic level of everything and then after closing hiring a contractor to handle the upgrades you need (except cabinets - too expensive to rip out cabinets and put in new ones).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 06:49 PM

61 posts, read 99,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
Pretty much all the builders do in the lower price range. I think they are no better nor no worse then any of the other builders in the same price range. I mean, we arent talking about Highland Homes.
Pulte is basically another version of Beazer homes, Horton, Lennar(Lennar is actually probably worse due to turn over).
Yes, Im in a situation were I would be choosing from Horton, Lennar, or Pulte. We are a family of 6 and need to stay under 380k and stay in NWISD, Eaton High School. I would love a Highland home but with the amount of space needed/area its out of my price range.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBungo View Post
Yes. Pulte should also provide prices for upgrades up front, however, so you won't be surprised after signing the contract and heading to the design center. We got the upgrades we needed for about $20k with DR Horton that would have cost us over $40k if we had gone with Pulte. The Pulte sales rep I spoke with even admitted many of the upgrades were overpriced and recommended going with the basic level of everything and then after closing hiring a contractor to handle the upgrades you need (except cabinets - too expensive to rip out cabinets and put in new ones).
Thanks I plan to upgrade the things that are too pricey later. I won't bother with minor things like fixtures.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:35 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,659,468 times
Quote:
Yes, Im in a situation were I would be choosing from Horton, Lennar, or Pulte. We are a family of 6 and need to stay under 380k and stay in NWISD, Eaton High School. I would love a Highland home but with the amount of space needed/area its out of my price range.
I would put Pulte first, Horton, second and Lennar last.
I know sales persons at all of them. Pulte is only first because they have builders that have been their for up to 25 years, so at least you have experience. Lennar has the most turn over in construction since they pay their guys the least.

Old 07-08-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I would put Pulte first, Horton, second and Lennar last.
I know sales persons at all of them. Pulte is only first because they have builders that have been their for up to 25 years, so at least you have experience. Lennar has the most turn over in construction since they pay their guys the least.
Thank you, in your experience has it been beneficial to have a realtor with working with Pulte. Right now they are offering 20k in incentives.

Old 07-08-2017, 11:38 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,659,468 times
Quote:
Thank you, in your experience has it been beneficial to have a realtor with working with Pulte. Right now they are offering 20k in incentives.
I am in new homes sales(not a realtor), so this may surprise you. Its always beneficial to have a good realtor help you on any real estate transaction. I like my customers having them to,as they keep the buyers expectations realistic.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I am in new homes sales(not a realtor), so this may surprise you. Its always beneficial to have a good realtor help you on any real estate transaction. I like my customers having them to,as they keep the buyers expectations realistic.
Makes sense, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: