Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 03:38 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,646,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiping View Post
DART are filled with degenerates. It's a fact not a belief.

A video taken by a passenger of the attack has been seen tens of thousands of times on Facebook since Sunday night. Kennan Jones was kicked, punched and slapped for several minutes by more than a half a dozen young men and women.
No arrests have been made in the savage beating of a DART train passenger over the weekend. At least one city leader is now calling for more patrols.

Still no arrests made in weekend DART train beating - Story | FOX 13 Tampa Bay
VIDEO POSTED: AUG 03 2017 05:06AM EDT
Anecdote <> Data
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 04:12 PM

578 posts, read 479,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
Anecdote <> Data
I don't think it is an anecdote.
If it was a Russian KGB showed up in Dart and hurt people I would call that an anecdote.

But this kind incident happens pretty frequently and only got exposed because someone recorded it with cellphone and uploaded it to FB.
We all know who these degenerates are, and what areas are beside the DART lines.
To be more precise, degenerates on DART are smoking marijuana and attacking other riders. The driver never tries to help. DART doesn't care. The police comes late. The suspect are at large. Some later arrested says he has no remorse and will do it again and again.
Sounds like everyday life in some degenerative areas. I see no reason it will stop anytime soon. If you want more data, you can refer to City-data crime map or FBI crime statistics.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiping View Post
I don't think it is an anecdote.
If it was a Russian KGB showed up in Dart and hurt people I would call that an anecdote.
You may want to look up the meaning of the word "anecdote", too.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:21 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,239,359 times
DART has had unsavory riders for as long as I can remember. When I used to live downtown, you learn which lines not to take, which have a higher incidence of crime, what times are safe, etc. It isn't anecdotal evidence when those incidents become chronic and well reported.

This latest beating isn't surprising. It was only a year or so ago that some woman got stabbed in the face at a DART station, and pretty much every year like clockwork there's a story or two about a woman being raped on the train or at a station. Or how about this wonderful story: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ain-teens-2011

Anyone remember that one?

People commuting in cars, most likely the worst thing that may happen to them is someone will cut them off in traffic. Can't say that about riding DART.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:43 PM

625 posts, read 1,956,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
DART has had unsavory riders for as long as I can remember. When I used to live downtown, you learn which lines not to take, which have a higher incidence of crime, what times are safe, etc. It isn't anecdotal evidence when those incidents become chronic and well reported.

This latest beating isn't surprising. It was only a year or so ago that some woman got stabbed in the face at a DART station, and pretty much every year like clockwork there's a story or two about a woman being raped on the train or at a station. Or how about this wonderful story: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ain-teens-2011

Anyone remember that one?

People commuting in cars, most likely the worst thing that may happen to them is someone will cut them off in traffic. Can't say that about riding DART.
Sorry, the worst thing that could happen to someone commuting in a car is they could DIE. If you actually looked at the data, you're far more likely to get into a car accident than be assaulted on a DART train. People die on DFW freeways frequently - it just doesn't make the local news.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:56 AM

578 posts, read 479,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpected View Post
Sorry, the worst thing that could happen to someone commuting in a car is they could DIE. If you actually looked at the data, you're far more likely to get into a car accident than be assaulted on a DART train. People die on DFW freeways frequently - it just doesn't make the local news.
People die on DFW freeways because traffic is not bad enough (compared to LA) and they drive too fast.
With more DART, there will be less traffic on DFW freeways, and thus even more big traffic accident. This is literally manslaughter.

Maybe we should totally ditch DART. In this way, freeways are congested and have less major accidents, while not one will be stabbed on DART. The fund saved from DART operation can be used to put more police in downtown and decrease the number of degenerates. Sounds like a good plan.

Old 09-24-2017, 01:14 AM

Dragons and Tigers and Darts, oh my!

Old 09-27-2017, 08:57 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,174,648 times
https://www.citylab.com/equity/2017/...urce=SFTwitter

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Last edited by Yac; 09-07-2018 at 06:34 AM..

Old 09-27-2017, 09:04 PM

385 posts, read 488,981 times
If you use DART to get downtown (or back home) during normal business/commuting hours you will not have any problems 9/10 times. Tons and tons of people take the trains to and from work everyday. You'll rarely encounter any real problems. Now if you're using the train after about 7 pm, it can be a little sketchy.

Yes, you'll encounter homeless people. Welcome to (insert any big city here). While people do have issues with this, I really don't hear too many complaints about "degenerates" on the trains except from suburbanites. Ignore them, say you don't have any money and go on about your day. If they keep heckling you, moving to the next train car usually does the trick.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:17 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,174,648 times
Unless work and home are at walking distance from DART, it's just an unnecessary headache. First you drive 20 minutes to the station then you battle crazy folks on train then you walk or bus to the office building. Same drill for every morning and evening, unless bad weather makes it suckier than usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas