Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2017, 02:20 PM

154 posts, read 191,742 times

Advertisements

My neighbor parked in a building's private parking lot last week for a meeting. From what I gather, she parked in a "two hour" space, but her meeting ran a little long. When she returned (I think three hours later?) to her car, there was a parking ticket notice on her windshield for $35 from "Platinum Enforcement Services."

I never heard of such a thing. It's a private building (open to the public), private parking lot and a private company. In other words, there is no government involvement. How can this entity require that a fine be paid? Where's the due process? How can they prove who was driving the car?

Is this just a money grab or will there be consequences if the fine is not paid.? Can they tow the car if the car is parked in the lot another time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 03:41 PM

989 posts, read 2,440,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGentry View Post
My neighbor parked in a building's private parking lot last week for a meeting. From what I gather, she parked in a "two hour" space, but her meeting ran a little long. When she returned (I think three hours later?) to her car, there was a parking ticket notice on her windshield for $35 from "Platinum Enforcement Services."

I never heard of such a thing. It's a private building (open to the public), private parking lot and a private company. In other words, there is no government involvement. How can this entity require that a fine be paid? Where's the due process? How can they prove who was driving the car?

Is this just a money grab or will there be consequences if the fine is not paid.? Can they tow the car if the car is parked in the lot another time?
This happened to me once but in a different city/state. Exact same scenario. Ran 20-30 minutes over the 2-hr limit.

I never paid the fine, but I also never parked in the same parking lot again so never gave them a chance to tow me.

Nothing ever happened to me, as far as I can tell.

Old 09-21-2017, 03:52 PM

332 posts, read 1,386,369 times
Not much risk of them pursuing this beyond the initial parking "ticket". However, Platinum owns or operates tons of lots in Dallas. I know that they keep records of parking violators and will tow and/or use a boot. Your neighbor runs the risk that they park and are towed at an inconvenient time.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:37 PM

134 posts, read 139,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGentry View Post

My advice....pay the $35. If they want to take it to court, do it after they pay.

Tow companies around D/FW are like the mafia and the law looks the other way. If they ever tow the car, they won't do it with care. The tow fees will be well over $200, even if they pick it up the same day.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:57 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekv View Post
Not much risk of them pursuing this beyond the initial parking "ticket". However, Platinum owns or operates tons of lots in Dallas. I know that they keep records of parking violators and will tow and/or use a boot. Your neighbor runs the risk that they park and are towed at an inconvenient time.
They can't be towed later for something they did earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: