U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 07:37 PM

3,253 posts, read 1,551,954 times

Advertisements

Trinity Falls is a new development that I believe is in a more isolated/wooded area. It's still a suburban development, it's just tucked away from the majority of McKinney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 10:31 PM

19,631 posts, read 53,468,042 times
For some reason Princeton has a reputation of having a lot of sex offenders per capita. Don't know why.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:01 PM

54 posts, read 35,780 times
We built a 2300sf home with 24x30 shop on 1 acre in Farmersville about 4 miles south of HWY 380 in 2015 and love it. Our kids are grown and gone but several neighbors have school age children attending Community ISD and Farmersville ISD. Haven't heard complaints but it's not like we seek that information. Acreage with or without a home is still affordable but of course it's ticking up. Our neighbors are on 1 - 100 acres. About 1/2 mile from us there are 50 homes in the works that will be on 1 acre each. HWY 380 will be somewhat crowded to jam packed at various times of the day but nothing like your current commute.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:30 PM

348 posts, read 147,249 times
We live in the Aubrey (horse country) area and dig it. New Middle and High School too. You should be able to get 10 acres for now. Ya get the best of country yet close enough if you need to go to DFW, Dallas or Fort Worth. Oh yes we have Lake Lewisville as well. Welcome to TEXAS!

Old 01-08-2018, 08:13 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,156,861 times
Where in McKinney? Do you know the cross streets?

I'd avoid Princeton. I don't think their schools are very good and I've heard the same thing about the sex offender numbers.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:55 PM

859 posts, read 480,126 times
Van Alstyne, Anna, Celina, Aubrey...or maybe further north might be better bets for you.
Aubrey may soon be city....Celina is city already....Anna could be....
Gunter might be a nice try....
You can probably just draw the search line from 82 down to 380 and between 35 and 75....big square.
I drove 380 from Denton to McKinney and back the other day at 5-6pm and it was wall to wall traffic almost the whole way.
I hope they will soon build flyovers...as all the cross subdivision traffic is making stoplights.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:27 AM

15 posts, read 9,405 times
Default Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone for your input! It is DEFINITELY helpful since we can't be there in person to see the things you all see! I like the Aubrey area, and North of McKinney, and Farmersville and Caddo Mills. The acreage issue is a big one for us, we won't settle for anything less than 10 acres (we want more horses, goats, chickens, ducks, etc) and we don't want to be able to see into our neighbors houses from our house You all are so nice and helpful and I can't wait to be a part of your awesome state! Take care!

Old 01-15-2018, 01:03 PM

975 posts, read 1,004,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb427 View Post
Thanks everyone for your input! It is DEFINITELY helpful since we can't be there in person to see the things you all see! I like the Aubrey area, and North of McKinney, and Farmersville and Caddo Mills. The acreage issue is a big one for us, we won't settle for anything less than 10 acres (we want more horses, goats, chickens, ducks, etc) and we don't want to be able to see into our neighbors houses from our house You all are so nice and helpful and I can't wait to be a part of your awesome state! Take care!
Wow. You are going to have to buy something older to have 10 acres and is nice, or go really far out and build. I assume you have a huge budget

Old 01-15-2018, 01:40 PM

241 posts, read 165,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
Wow. You are going to have to buy something older to have 10 acres and is nice, or go really far out and build. I assume you have a huge budget
Plenty of land east McKinney there are still people out there who make a living farming. Forget about anything north towards Sherman it is very expensive and has tons of land speculators.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:33 PM

15 posts, read 9,405 times
idk what you consider "huge" but our budget is healthy and we have already found several potential houses with at least 10 acres that are within 45 mins commute to McKinney. We are coming from Ca, where everything is overpriced and the cost of living is higher. Plus my husband's employer provides an amazing relocation service so we will have instant access to our current house's equity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or