Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 11:08 AM

222 posts, read 281,627 times

Advertisements

We know as far as the main city goes, what the main hoods are.

But theres a few suburbs in Dallas County that has their own hoods as well.

What are the areas to avoid(if any) in these suburbs for new comers and residents alike

Garland
Mesquite
Carrolton
Grand Prairie
Irving
Plano

Old 02-06-2018, 11:33 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,173,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAX_ View Post

What are the areas to avoid(if any) in these suburbs for new comers and residents alike

Garland
Mesquite
Carrolton
Grand Prairie
Irving
Plano
Well everybody knows about Plano's East side/ghetto (kidding ). In all seriousness, Plano is perfectly safe as long as you take the obvious precautions of locking house and car doors and not leaving your valuables in plain sight.

I'd probably say the same about Carrolton, but I thought there was one sort of sketchy area along Rosemeade? I could be wrong.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:53 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:

Garland
Mesquite
Carrolton
Grand Prairie
Irving
Plano
Oh good gawd.

1.) A lot of Carrollton isn't in Dallas County and there are plenty of nice neighborhoods there.

2.) Plano is in Collin County (for the most part)...and this is by far the most laughable entry on your list.

3.) Valley Ranch & Las Colinas are perfectly nice areas to live (they're both part of Irving).

There are nice neighborhoods in all of those areas.

What makes an area "the hood" in your mind? Wrong kind of brown people?

Old 02-06-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Oh good gawd.

1.) A lot of Carrollton isn't in Dallas County and there are plenty of nice neighborhoods there.

2.) Plano is in Collin County (for the most part)...and this is by far the most laughable entry on your list.

3.) Valley Ranch & Las Colinas are perfectly nice areas to live (they're both part of Irving).

There are nice neighborhoods in all of those areas.

What makes an area "the hood" in your mind? Wrong kind of brown people?
No, I never said any of those areas had hoods. I specifically named these suburbs because they are the largest in Dallas County, suburbs with over 100,000 residents themselves. Its a reason I asked what hoods "if any" are in these particular cities.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
No, I never said any of those areas had hoods. I specifically named these suburbs because they are the largest in Dallas County, suburbs with over 100,000 residents themselves. Its a reason I asked what hoods "if any" are in these particular cities.
Why? Are you looking to avoid crime or just certain types of people?

Old 02-06-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Why? Are you looking to avoid crime or just certain types of people?
I'm looking to be educated on areas of the metroplex outside of the main city. All of these suburbs are cities in their own right, with dozens of neighborhoods in each of them. I would say asking which areas are bad outside of the main city is a fair question. Its not enough to just name a suburb, because these suburbs have over 100-250,000 people in them each.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I'm looking to be educated on areas of the metroplex outside of the main city. All of these suburbs are cities in their own right, with dozens of neighborhoods in each of them. I would say asking which areas are bad outside of the main city is a fair question. Its not enough to just name a suburb, because these suburbs have over 100-250,000 people in them each.
I think you need to define "bad." State what you're trying to avoid and we can help you. All of those suburbs have nice and not-nice areas. All of those suburbs have minority populations, large communities that don't speak English, and large blue collar communities.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I think you need to define "bad." State what you're trying to avoid and we can help you. All of those suburbs have nice and not-nice areas. All of those suburbs have minority populations, large communities that don't speak English, and large blue collar communities.
Areas where the income is lower than other neighborhoods in the city, and the crime is higher.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Areas where the income is lower than other neighborhoods in the city, and the crime is higher.
Can't help you there, that's too long of a list and I don't live in any of those suburbs.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:44 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,170,957 times
Plano is sort of divided into wealthy, affluent, middle class and economical pockets but it’s all in demand because A. central location B. city services and C. good schools. As a matter of fact, economical pockets are the ones where you’ll see most appreciation of home values as Plano is breaking its suburban mold and evolving as Co-Co Dallas capital. With increasing traffic congestion demand for homes and lots in Plano will keep increasing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas