Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 11:48 AM

6,631 posts, read 9,853,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I've been here since last July. Hot but not as humid as what we were used to.

The hot/cold is typical of what we experienced in the SE so I'm used to that.

I wouldn’t be surprised, Dallas is much further inland. So, it doesn’t get as humid as the cities along the Texas Gulf Coast (For Example)

Last summer wasn’t as intense as it usually is. We see about 18 triple digit days (on average) here in North Texas, last year we got only 10. Hopefully, this year will be a repeat performance of last year because it can get absolutely brutal here in the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 07:06 PM

937 posts, read 738,648 times
So glad I moved to DFW! I am absolutely loving the flora here and welcome being back in a humid locale. IT IS in fact green with trees AND the people are friendly. There is a bit of a can do attitude here which is okay. My pool man lectured me about taking responsibility for my own pool and not relying on him too much, and I think this might be a Texan attitude coming through. It's so wonderful to hear the cacophony of bugs again and feel topical dewy moisture on my skin. I don't get why people complain about how this area is not scenic. It reminds me very much of the coastal Carolinas and is really quite beautiful with all the greenery. Loved the rainstorm this morning and smelling fragrant plants again! Love the softer sunlight than the harsher light out West as well.

Last edited by Chloe333; 06-04-2018 at 07:20 PM..

Old 06-04-2018, 07:12 PM

989 posts, read 2,431,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
So glad I moved to DFW! I am absolutely loving the flora here and welcome being back in a humid locale. IT IS in fact green with trees AND the people are friendly. There is a bit of a can do attitude here which is okay. My pool man lectured me about taking responsibility for my own pool and not relying on him too much, and I think this might be a Texan attitude coming through. It's so wonderful to hear the cacophony of bugs again and topical dewy moisture on my skin. I don't get why people complain about how this area is not scenic. It reminds me very much of the coastal Carolinas and is really quite beautiful with all the greenery. Loved the rainstorm this morning and smelling fragrant plants again! Love the softer sunlight than the harsher light out West as well.

Welcome. How long have you been in DFW for now? What part of town did you settle in?

Old 06-04-2018, 07:17 PM

937 posts, read 738,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Welcome. How long have you been in DFW for now? What part of town did you settle in?
Keller. About a week. Like it a lot so far.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
So glad I moved to DFW! I am absolutely loving the flora here and welcome being back in a humid locale. IT IS in fact green with trees AND the people are friendly. There is a bit of a can do attitude here which is okay. My pool man lectured me about taking responsibility for my own pool and not relying on him too much, and I think this might be a Texan attitude coming through. It's so wonderful to hear the cacophony of bugs again and feel topical dewy moisture on my skin. I don't get why people complain about how this area is not scenic. It reminds me very much of the coastal Carolinas and is really quite beautiful with all the greenery. Loved the rainstorm this morning and smelling fragrant plants again! Love the softer sunlight than the harsher light out West as well.
That great! I’m glad you like it here so far. Keep us posted.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:11 PM

4,423 posts, read 6,249,583 times
Yea... I don't get the "brown and dull" description of Dallas. It's very green with a fun mixture of plants that can grow here in our hardiness zone. Fall is not as vibrant as the trees that do lose their leaves don't do so until late November or into mid-December which is going into the Christmas season. lol

I feel like we have just the right amount of greenery to still have a big city feel without that feeling of being surrounded by concrete.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:39 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,308,069 times
I don't think Dallas has much scenic beauty but depends on your taste. Some areas of greater Dallas are like a prairie with few trees at all.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I don't think Dallas has much scenic beauty but depends on your taste. Some areas of greater Dallas are like a prairie with few trees at all.
Well North Texas is on a prairie...

Old 06-05-2018, 07:11 AM

18,527 posts, read 7,284,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised, Dallas is much further inland. So, it doesn’t get as humid as the cities along the Texas Gulf Coast (For Example)

Last summer wasn’t as intense as it usually is. We see about 18 triple digit days (on average) here in North Texas, last year we got only 10. Hopefully, this year will be a repeat performance of last year because it can get absolutely brutal here in the summer.
So far, not so good.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:45 AM

2,611 posts, read 2,857,950 times
Old DFW neighborhoods have a lot of beautiful mature trees. Unfortunately, people here dont like tree for fear of foundation problem as well as falling tree during storm. Most of new neighborhoods are devoid of tree and people dont plant them like they used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas