Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 08:27 AM

11 posts, read 19,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post

Really? REALLY??? I see everyone in my town driving around with a big green "P" on their car... for Prosper.
I've seen quite a few of these green "P"s driving around Plano. I just always assumed it was for Plano Senior High.
I learn something new each day.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:30 AM

5,265 posts, read 6,405,851 times
Quote:
The lot is gorgeous; the home itself is a McMansion parody
It's actually not that bad except for the cavalcade of roofs on that middle bumpout to the left of the front door. You can tell they just went crazy there, and for no reason because it would have looked much better with just one roof and the window. Same with the fireplace - they created a future leak problem by tapering the roof there. It also sucks that they originally listed for sale in the Christmas season - that's a big no-no.

Quote:
Personally, I am very offended at Kyam's comment that Collin County schools don't have "swag."
He's right about my school. Our school's shirts and gear is horrible, which is extra sad because the mascot is a popular NFL team, so it would be easy to just borrow (steal) their professional design work.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:32 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Well if that listing isn't proof that having money doesn't mean you have taste....The lot is gorgeous; the home itself is a McMansion parody. And I wonder if they didn't have enough money to furnish and decorate or if they cheaped out and didn't hire a stager to help sell.

There are some pretty homes in Frisco; this is not one of them.
Actually from the aerial view it looks like a weird pie shaped corner lot with no back yard to speak of.

The house is a joke.

Remember, this was shown as an example of what we proles are supposedly slavering after, by someone who honestly believes that Highland Park (and don't get me wrong, there's lots of gaudy bad taste there too) is surrounded by ghettoes.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:42 AM

95 posts, read 123,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Nothing like one per centers arguing over who has it better.
Good god I’m dense. I could not understand your comment. LOL. I think after several reads I got it. 😳

Old 04-11-2018, 08:43 AM

2,353 posts, read 3,862,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maemo View Post
I've seen quite a few of these green "P"s driving around Plano. I just always assumed it was for Plano Senior High.
I learn something new each day.
FYI:
PSHS is maroon and white Wildcats.

PWSH is white, black, royal blue Wolves.

PESH is black and gold Black Panthers.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Well if that listing isn't proof that having money doesn't mean you have taste....The lot is gorgeous; the home itself is a McMansion parody. And I wonder if they didn't have enough money to furnish and decorate or if they cheaped out and didn't hire a stager to help sell.

There are some pretty homes in Frisco; this is not one of them.

I wanted to say the same thing but figured maybe everyone’s taste in decor wasn’t same as mine.

The house is beautiful IMO but good god 1945 called and wants their furniture back.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:13 AM

964 posts, read 877,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Actually from the aerial view it looks like a weird pie shaped corner lot with no back yard to speak of.

The house is a joke.

Remember, this was shown as an example of what we proles are supposedly slavering after, by someone who honestly believes that Highland Park (and don't get me wrong, there's lots of gaudy bad taste there too) is surrounded by ghettoes.
I'll put both your homes up against that and I would be willing to bet most think it is better and fancier. I would also put that home up against hundreds of homes in HP and bet that huge amounts of people will also think that home is fancier and nicer. Again this was a google search for about 15 seconds.

Yes we declined against HP because we found what it is surrounded by was not acceptable to us. I simply don't want my house down the street from chain linked fences. This is what you get when you get nicer parts of areas located in a city. Hancock Park is no different in LA. I would not live in Hancock Park because of that and I consider it a great area with beautiful homes.

Uh also 99.9% of the time when you buy a house the furniture does not come with it.

Last edited by kyam11; 04-11-2018 at 09:21 AM..

Old 04-11-2018, 09:20 AM

964 posts, read 877,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vailbaby View Post
I was on the SL forum for quite a bit to get a "feel" of the town. It struck me really weird and odd the obsession is with a school mascot. Moms always commenting about being "dragons"...Like a cult. If you don't own a green house, drive a green car and 90% of your wardrobe isn't in Dragon gear, you won't be welcomed. Super turn off. As an outsider moving to TX, it strikes me as very very strange.

People that are secure about where they live don't need to constantly talk about it.
SL forum? What SL forum? I don't know one person on any SL forum among hundreds I know of in SL.

I have no clue if my house is green or not but we have 3 A/Cs running constantly and in the summer our bill is around $400-$500. Not sure if that qualifies as green. I am pretty sure our cars do not

In our family we have
1xW12 Bentley Continental CT that gets about 14MPG
2x Jaguar XJ Supercharged that gets about 15 MPG
1x Lexus SUV which gets about 16 MPG.

4 cars and none green.

I own exactly 1 piece of Dragon swag which has been worn 3 times in 5 years. My wife and kids own much more but I have never not felt welcomed because I don't wear the gear nor do I drive green cars.

As for people who are secure about where they live not talking about it again that has not been my experience. I know people all over the US and know a ton about where they live even though I have never lived there due to them talking about where they live.

In fact most people I know who are proud of where they live talk about pretty much three things. Where they live, what they do, and their children.

I know people that live in Plano and talk about Plano, their schools, their kids activities related to those schools, etc. all the time. Ditto Allen, Coppell, Keller, Westlake, Trophy Club, Frisco, HP, etc.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:05 AM

“Uh also 99.9% of the time when you buy a house the furniture does not come with it.”

Well of course. I’m pretty positive nobody thinks that. It just speaks volumes about the “fancy” people living there. Reminds me of a plastic surgeon I worked for. Went to his house once. One of the biggest and most expensive In The neighborhood. Furniture and overall decor looked Walmart style. So his boatload of money really means nothing- other than a huge house.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:54 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyam11 View Post
SL forum? What SL forum? I don't know one person on any SL forum among hundreds I know of in SL.

I have no clue if my house is green or not but we have 3 A/Cs running constantly and in the summer our bill is around $400-$500. Not sure if that qualifies as green. I am pretty sure our cars do not

In our family we have
1xW12 Bentley Continental CT that gets about 14MPG
2x Jaguar XJ Supercharged that gets about 15 MPG
1x Lexus SUV which gets about 16 MPG.

4 cars and none green.

I own exactly 1 piece of Dragon swag which has been worn 3 times in 5 years. My wife and kids own much more but I have never not felt welcomed because I don't wear the gear nor do I drive green cars.

As for people who are secure about where they live not talking about it again that has not been my experience. I know people all over the US and know a ton about where they live even though I have never lived there due to them talking about where they live.

In fact most people I know who are proud of where they live talk about pretty much three things. Where they live, what they do, and their children.

I know people that live in Plano and talk about Plano, their schools, their kids activities related to those schools, etc. all the time. Ditto Allen, Coppell, Keller, Westlake, Trophy Club, Frisco, HP, etc.
Well, bubbele, I think that last post just pretty much told everybody everything we need to know about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas