Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 02:25 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,233,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They lost their BBB accreditation years ago due to all the unanswered complaints. There have been dozens of people come on CD over the years complaining about Grand keeping their deposits and lawsuits. I've been in Grand homes that are 1-2 years old and seen foundation issues. I don't care where they are today. All I can go on is their past history and it has not been good.
Now you've veered into the realm of speculation at best and lying at worst.

Drees, for example, is also not BBB accredited. (Both have A ratings according to BBB's website, though not accredited.)

As far as foundation issues, I don't know a single builder who can say they've never had foundation issues. Just look at King's Ridge in Plano. Well known foundation issues among builders in that development, and Grand isn't one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 03:15 PM

68 posts, read 197,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Used to be 3 Builder I would tell my clients to stay away from at all costs. Grand is the only one left in Business on that list. Google Grand Home Complaints and see what results you get.

They lost their BBB accreditation years ago due to all the unanswered complaints. There have been dozens of people come on CD over the years complaining about Grand keeping their deposits and lawsuits. I've been in Grand homes that are 1-2 years old and seen foundation issues. I don't care where they are today. All I can go on is their past history and it has not been good.

Poll almost any agent who's been in the business 10+ year about Grand. And where do they get their business? Most of it comes from immigrants or people new to TX who don't use agents. Good builders cater to agents, Grand tends to avoid agents cause they educate their clients.

Feel free to buy from Grand. Best of luck.
Really?? good builders cater to agents.......right on!

Old 04-03-2018, 03:52 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimori View Post
Really?? good builders cater to agents.......right on!
Good Builders welcome agents. Good agents know a good product from a bad product when they see it. Good agents know who gets complaints and who takes care of their warranty issues.

Old 04-03-2018, 04:55 PM

68 posts, read 149,878 times
The question should be, if you can afford to build in Prosper isd why you would even be considering building in god awful Little Elm ISD

Old 04-03-2018, 06:46 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL60 View Post
The question should be, if you can afford to build in Prosper isd why you would even be considering building in god awful Little Elm ISD
OP said Little Elm but Frisco ISD.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:22 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,170,957 times
Kings Ridge Frisco and Kings Ridge Plano, both had similar issues and allegedly Grand Home was involved, other builders didn't face these issues. To be fair, not all Grand Home owners are unhappy owners.

Last edited by UnfairPark; 04-03-2018 at 07:44 PM..

Old 04-04-2018, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
Kings Ridge Frisco and Kings Ridge Plano, both had similar issues and allegedly Grand Home was involved, other builders didn't face these issues. To be fair, not all Grand Home owners are unhappy owners.
Uh, to be fair, this is just false. Grand was like one of 6-7 builders. David Weekly built there. Sotherby built there. Toll Brothers built there. That's in addition to many custom builders who built homes there.

Compared to the rest of them, Grand built very few homes there. The problems in that subdivision were not confined to Grand, at all.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:00 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,170,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Uh, to be fair, this is just false. Grand was like one of 6-7 builders. David Weekly built there. Sotherby built there. Toll Brothers built there. That's in addition to many custom builders who built homes there.

Compared to the rest of them, Grand built very few homes there. The problems in that subdivision were not confined to Grand, at all.
There were other builders but they didn't see many problems. From what I've heard most problems happened around one street (Autumn Wood Trail?) and it had Grand homes. I guess someone from that subdivision can shed more light on it. For all we know, it can be developer's fault.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
There were other builders but they didn't see many problems. From what I've heard most problems happened around one street (Autumn Wood Trail?) and it had Grand homes. I guess someone from that subdivision can shed more light on it. For all we know, it can be developer's fault.

So you don't know. Got it.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:44 PM

242 posts, read 360,261 times
Stay far away from meritage homes there tend to build lower quality neighborhoods. Also you should avoid little elm at all costs. Your much better off buying in Frisco you can actually buy homes built 5-10 years ago cheaper then new homes then little elm. I would suggest you look south of main near teel south to Lebanon. Homes there are way cheaper because there is a lot building going you can pay $110-120 a sq ft instead of $160-180 for a new build with a bigger lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas